Redmi4 And Pokemon Go

sari salin

Members
Jan 3, 2017
Hello,
I have problem with my redmi4 and pokemon go game. I have managed to download it from google store, and I have google account, but when I try to open it it says unable to authentica. . . I have given the pokemon go game all the permissions and pokemon go indicates that gps is set by pokemon go. . .I don´t know what can be problem . Can someone help me?

Hello,
I have problem with my redmi4 and pokemon go game. I have managed to download it from google store, and I have google account, but when I try to open it it says unable to authentica. . . I have given the pokemon go game all the permissions and pokemon go indicates that gps is set by pokemon go. . .I don´t know what can be problem . Can someone help me?
First check if your phone can be updated from the updater app.
Then try reboot.
Then logout from google account then relogin.

did now all that , but still not working. It says the same thing unable to authenticate. Please try again. . .Do you think downloading the communal version miui. . ?

did now all that , but still not working. It says the same thing unable to authenticate. Please try again. . .Do you think downloading the communal version miui. . ?
Do you have redmi 4 or prime version?
If you go to en.miui.com and downloads, there is newer rom than your 8.0.4.0.
Try to update the latest version first.

I will try to install the newer version of miui 8. . .hope that will help.
Yep try to install the latest version. There is a flashing/installation guide on their site next to the download link for your rom.

And if you have Finnish as a language on your device then the vendor has put their rom in there so you have a fake rom I think because my girlfriend has official rom on her Mi4 and it doesn't have Finnish, so install the official rom from en.miui.com or this community version.
Though the official rom does not have Finnish as I have mentioned before, this does.
That could also fix your problem since pokemon works on my girlfriends phone. :)

Hello,

Did you root your device?

Make sure that location services are working, they use mobile and available WIFI Spots to that

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 3 mediante Tapatalk

Reactions: dogiex
And if you have Finnish as a language on your device then the vendor has put their rom in there so you have a fake rom I think because my girlfriend has official rom on her Mi4 and it doesn't have Finnish, so install the official rom from en.miui.com or this community version.
Though the official rom does not have Finnish as I have mentioned before, this does.
That could also fix your problem since pokemon works on my girlfriends phone. :)

I Tried to do this, followed the steps, but after I have done everything the result is: can´t verify update/ could´t verify update package. . . They said to clear the recovery data before updating, but that I did not know how to do. . can that make this problem?

I Tried to do this, followed the steps, but after I have done everything the result is: can´t verify update/ could´t verify update package. . . They said to clear the recovery data before updating, but that I did not know how to do. . can that make this problem?
The fastboot method would be the one doing the trick for you but as I was afraid, there is no global rom released for your phone yet. Only china stable and developer rom. Both of them have english and chinese languages only and without google play services. :(

http://en.miui.com/a-234.html

oukei, Then I must wait for the Global rom release. . . hope my son does not take it too hard;) I wonder how soon these releases would come. . .?

The fastboot method would be the one doing the trick for you but as I was afraid, there is no global rom released for your phone yet. Only china stable and developer rom. Both of them have english and chinese languages only and without google play services. :(

http://en.miui.com/a-234.html
should I try to do recovery update? Because from the xiomi pages I can find a newer update to this redmi4, it does not say wether it is the global or chinese version. . .?

should I try to do recovery update? Because from the xiomi pages I can find a newer update to this redmi4, it does not say wether it is the global or chinese version. . .?
You can try that method too ofc.
Just follow the steps. I think they are the chinese versions though and you should do factory reset to not get any major errors.
If you are not afraid of losing data, make a wipe&reset in there too after successful update if you want to try it or wait for a global fastboot rom release.

You can try that method too ofc.
Just follow the steps. I think they are the chinese versions though and you should do factory reset to not get any major errors.
If you are not afraid of losing data, make a wipe&reset in there too after successful update if you want to try it or wait for a global fastboot rom release.

actually I am afraid, and I will probably wait for the new global release not to loose any functions that are now working great :)
Thanks for all your help.
Sari

Reactions: dogiex