Release between Global rom and EU rom

Spider Kwan

Members
Nov 28, 2022
Hello, good day everyone! I'm sorry if this is not the right section to ask this. I'm a new user of Xiaomi. I bought Redmi Note 12 last month without checking carefully, as the seller told me that I can still use Google apps with CN rom. But I was misled, I can only use them on a virtual sandbox and I can't use google maps. My bad for not researching enough. Now, my only option is to flash global rom, but it will be release Q1 next year based on what I have read. But I stumbled here in EU, after reading on reddit and here, that it is based in CN rom with more leeway on GApps, and things that aren't there in Global rom. My question is, which will mostly likely be released first, Global Rom or EU Rom? As far as my limited knowledge goes, I can't use this phone as my daily driver until I can flash either of the two roms.

I guess EU rom will release first since it was base from china rom. And honestly EU rom was far more better than Global rom in my opinion. And since you are using china model, you should flash EU rom to avoid accidently lock the bootloader, cause if you do it, it will be a big issue.

Reactions: Spider Kwan
I guess EU rom will release first since it was base from china rom. And honestly EU rom was far more better than Global rom in my opinion. And since you are using china model, you should flash EU rom to avoid accidently lock the bootloader, cause if you do it, it will be a big issue.
Thank you bro, guess I'll have to wait for the EU rom then. Can I still use Banking apps, etc, with EU rom, right? I read from the description that it has Safetynet for Google, or something like that.