Relock bootloader

voskonijn

Members
Mar 26, 2021
Hi guys, I have a question.

About two weeks ago I bricked my device. I tried to flash EU rom on Global device.
I had 12.0.3 installed and tried to flash EU rom and it gave me a lot of errors.

Eventually my phone went black and couldn't do anything to turn it on.
I needed to use EDL with a Xiaomi authorized person and my phone worked again.

Right now I have Global 12.0.4 installed on my phone and I would like to relock my bootloader because I can't use Netflix and some other apps.
I don't want to do anything sketchy again on my phone because it bricked in the first place.

Still no clue why it bricked in the first place. I followed every step like normal but of course I bricked my phone.

If I see anything about relocking the phone, people say "u need the rom that was installed on the phone, otherwise you will brick it".

Does this mean u need the exact ROM that was installed when I got my phone? Or does this just mean that I can use any global ROM.
When I got my phone I didn't look at the exact ROM that was installed and I just updated instantly.

Right now I just want to relock my bootloader so I know everything works fine.
Does someone know if I can just relock the bootloader with this 12.0.4 global ROM or do I need the exact ROM that was installed when I got my phone.

If you guys don't know the answer, thats fine, but please don't answer this question.
(When I tried to flash EU ROM, some people answered my question, but because of this I bricked my phone)
(I got answers like sure just do it)

You can lock bootloader ONLY on official rom.
If your device came with china rom...install stock china rom.
If it came with global rom...install stock global rom
If it came with global EU rom... install stock global EU rom

Then you can lock bootloader

Hi there,

So I live in The Netherlands (so in the EU) and I bought the phone from the official Mi store.
I'm 99 percent sure I got a global version.

If I enter my IMEI number on this website : https://www.mi.com/global/verify/#/en/tab/imei

It will give me this answer : "Congratulations! You can be assured the phone you have purchased is the official international version."

So this means that I have the global version right???

Also, what do you mean with "stock" global rom. This means that global version that was shipped with the phone?
or for example the 12.0.4 global ROM i have right now on my phone

there is only

CN and GLOBAL devices.

CN device = CN ROM
GLOBAL device = GLOBAL ROM

then you can relock your bootloader.

all other roms on that devices will brick it if you relock the bootloader