Replacement screens!!!

ubelai

Members
Feb 5, 2013
As of last night I dropped my phone abs shattered the top right corner from of my screen :(
Pretty ungraduated about the whole thing!!

Did anyone know where to get a replacement screen?
Please help.

Best regards,
Ubelai

Thanks for your replies.
I'm guessing the digitizer is one piece as the screen is apparently OGS technology. Which probably describes why I can't use the top right corner of my screen! Distraught!

Hi,

Did you have a case?

No case for me, unfortunately as I'm using the 3100mAH battery extension.

Generally dissatisfied that the cracked part of the screen doesn't work at all! First time I've ever experienced the problem on a phone whilst having a shatter on it. :(

I also recently cracked the digitizer of my Xiaomi mi2. The screen and digitizer are glued togheter and unless you can buy them glued togheter there's no way you can fix this.

edit: my lcd panel still worked but there's no way to seperate it from the cracked digitizer. I'm not sure if buying a new one will fix my phone. I will post some pictures later for clarity.

Thanks for the post.

Does the damaged section of your screen still work?
Was quite unimpressed when I realized mine wasn't (when sober) preventing me from being able to upload instagram pictures and having to rotate my screen for posting items which have the submit button on the upper right of the screen.

I ended up ordering a replacement LCD+Digi from Buygou as I've ordered from them before. :)

Thanks for the post.

Does the damaged section of your screen still work?
Was quite unimpressed when I realized mine wasn't (when sober) preventing me from being able to upload instagram pictures and having to rotate my screen for posting items which have the submit button on the upper right of the screen.

I ended up ordering a replacement LCD+Digi from Buygou as I've ordered from them before. :)
The screen of my phone worked but the glass of the digitizer was broken. The phone didn't respond well to touch input.

Where you succesfull in installing the parts?

The screen of my phone worked but the glass of the digitizer was broken. The phone didn't respond well to touch input.

Where you succesfull in installing the parts?

Good to hear you still had some function in yours. :)

I haven't received it as of yet but I'm feeling pretty confident, seems to have a less complex interior as opposed to iPhones - that of which being my previous phone which I had laid to waste by repairing a damaged lock button which, in the process.. lead to damaging a few mainboard components resulting in the phone not turning on at all! Plus I was on a comedown from mj which definitely could have been the factor haha.

So this time coming I'm going to ensure I concentrate much harder and do it when I'm feeling best! :p

I also recently cracked the digitizer of my Xiaomi mi2. The screen and digitizer are glued togheter and unless you can buy them glued togheter there's no way you can fix this.

edit: my lcd panel still worked but there's no way to seperate it from the cracked digitizer. I'm not sure if buying a new one will fix my phone. I will post some pictures later for clarity.

Any luck with a new screen?

No case for me, unfortunately as I'm using the 3100mAH battery extension.

Generally dissatisfied that the cracked part of the screen doesn't work at all! First time I've ever experienced the problem on a phone whilst having a shatter on it. :(

there is a case for the 3100mAH version. Im posting about it soon in my mi2(s) accessories thread.

there is a case for the 3100mAH version. Im posting about it soon in my mi2(s) accessories thread.

Thanks, but yes I saw that, I just wasn't fond of making my phone any thicker than the already super-thick 12.2mm it already was.

Good news is I replaced my screen easier than thought and am now going to use the original battery + case.

a video and or guide on how you did it and were you bought everything needed would be nice for an up coming support thread.

a video and or guide on how you did it and were you bought everything needed would be nice for an up coming support thread.

At the moment I lack any 3rd party recording hardware, but when I have one I'll attempt to it, except I will not be able to go through with instructing the final step of installing the screen as I already replaced it, though I'll try to make it in depth on how to, as it's quite easy really.

I posted a thread asking for tuts, and the video I posted on it shows basically everything that has to be done to disassemble the phone.

Replacing the screen must be done with caution as it is held on the plastic bracket with a sticky adhesive which is reusable with a new screen if done properly.

Ok, so today I bought a micro-usb to hdmi cable to hook up the phone to my tv. I had opened it and removed the sreen and connected the new digitizer to the phone. It works fine digitizer and everything. I just need to buy a new screen and I think it may work again. I'l try and make a video.

Reactions: ubelai
At the moment I lack any 3rd party recording hardware, but when I have one I'll attempt to it, except I will not be able to go through with instructing the final step of installing the screen as I already replaced it, though I'll try to make it in depth on how to, as it's quite easy really.

I posted a thread asking for tuts, and the video I posted on it shows basically everything that has to be done to disassemble the phone.

Replacing the screen must be done with caution as it is held on the plastic bracket with a sticky adhesive which is reusable with a new screen if done properly.

Greetings all. I have a Mi2 I'm using here in the US and I love it. However, I'm eventually going to replace my lcd as there is a small area on the screen that is purple when viewing things with dark/black backgrounds. Since the the lcd/digitizer assembly is glued together, I'm debating on ordering both parts already assembled versus just ordering the lcd and trying to pry the old ones apart. How hard was it to separate the two and can you tell you replaced the digitizer, like air bubbles or anything like that? Thank in advance for the response. Looking forward to helping where I can as I learn here!

Greetings all. I have a Mi2 I'm using here in the US and I love it. However, I'm eventually going to replace my lcd as there is a small area on the screen that is purple when viewing things with dark/black backgrounds. Since the the lcd/digitizer assembly is glued together, I'm debating on ordering both parts already assembled versus just ordering the lcd and trying to pry the old ones apart. How hard was it to separate the two and can you tell you replaced the digitizer, like air bubbles or anything like that? Thank in advance for the response. Looking forward to helping where I can as I learn here!

Hey Ragan,

I ordered both the LCD and Digitizer together which had already come assembled together.

A little force was required, but seeing as the screen was shattered I pried off the broken pieces which made it relatively easy to take it off. I may recommend using suction pads to try and separate the screen from the frame, depending on if you are buying a single piece of the two together.

Hey Ragan,

I ordered both the LCD and Digitizer together which had already come assembled together.

A little force was required, but seeing as the screen was shattered I pried off the broken pieces which made it relatively easy to take it off. I may recommend using suction pads to try and separate the screen from the frame, depending on if you are buying a single piece of the two together.

Thanks for the response. I think I'll spring the extra cost and buy the two together so it will make it easier on me to repair. And then I'll have spare parts in case anything else dramatic happens.

I changed my screen, however the touch does not work, anyone know how to make it work?
i plug, only power button work, buck screen is ok , image is normal.

Hi guys, my friend broke his MI2 (not S) screen.
its cracked in the top-left corner, affecting the touch in that region too.
According to this thread I assume that I must buy only LCD+Digitizer, correct?
Digitizer alone is impossible?
Where should I make the order from and what exactly do I need to pay attention to?
Is there any video replacement guide?

Same problem here, just dropped hard the phone, it now has a crack barely visible but the whole upper part of the digitizer doesn't work anymore, should I buy the digitizer alone or the risk of repairing it by myself isn't worth those 50$ less? And another thing, are MI2 and MI2S screens the exact same part?

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk 4 Beta