[Request] Vol+/- acting as FWD/BWD on music player while on sleep

roo

Members
Jun 8, 2011
Hi,

I'm a bit ashamed to write my first post to ask for something else as the rom is already a masterpiece..
Anyway, i have a ZTE Blade too and it has an interesting ability while on sleep and music is playing: a long press on VOL+/- allowed to go to next/previous track which is particularly useful when phone is in a pocket and i am on a bike...;)
I've looked around in settings and can't find anything related, if possible that would be a nice to add this feature and make this rom more than perfect..!

If i missed a thread related or even if it's already possible with a setting, feel free to delete this post (after informing me..!!)

EDIT: i even found someone motivated to work on it asking for infos >> http://forums.miuiandroid.com/showthread.php?6150-MOD-REQ-skip-track-via-volume-press (it's through handset but i guess the event in the code is the same..)

Thanks in advance and keep up the good work!!!

Phone: MotoDefy
Rom: MiUiFR 1.6.5

Miui is a closed source ROM developed by Chinese developers and as such no developer here can implement such a feature. In fact they might just be tired of hearing all these mind boggling feature requests since it has been stated countless times that they do not have the source code for the Miui ROM which they would need to make changes of this magnitude. You can request this feature if you'd like at www.miui.com yourself.

You should know that this is commonly requested feature by at least half of the community here (Not I; I have to real need for such a feature and would actually consider it an annoyance); but the chances of it being implemented are slim at best. The Chinese developers focus on their own user base and everyone else comes last if at all.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply and details, i didn't knew how deep in the code it was so that which team would be able to add it, if validated.
I'll have a look to miui's forums to see if there is a thread to bump and sorry but my searches didn't gave me results with similar posts...

This thread is good to be closed or deleted as there's nothing to add.

Thx

[Request Granted] Vol+/- acting as FWD/BWD on music player while on sleep

I hate to disagree with ZeroBarrier, but he's wrong when he says that no developer can implement this feature. MIUI is just a collection of files that can be Decompiled and modified just like any other Android ROM.
To prove my point I have developed this MOD. I hope I've understood the request correctly? What this mod does is uses the Volume Buttons to skip tracks forwards and Backwards but ONLY when the screen is off. If the screen is on (even if it's locked) the Volume keys will control the volume as normal.
I have a Galaxy S so that's the only device that this MOD has been tested on. If you want to try it out on your own device I would strongly recommend that you take a backup of "/system/framework/android.policy.jar" before applying this.
Please also note if you've applied the excellent 4-way reboot MOD you'll lose that feature, sorry about that...
This is based on 1.6.3. So make sure you're on that version before applying.
If you try it and it works on your device, please post to let others know.
I'll post this in the MODS section if it proves popular.

Enjoy!!!

Thanks.

VolumeControl.zip

There are some things that cannot be smali edited. Some things go even deeper than what a decompile can reveal, thus requiring source. Just saying...

That said, if you managed to get this mod done, then bravo.

To prove my point I have developed this MOD. I hope I've understood the request correctly? What this mod does is uses the Volume Buttons to skip tracks forwards and Backwards but ONLY when the screen is off. If the screen is on (even if it's locked) the Volume keys will control the volume as normal.
I have a Galaxy S so that's the only device that this MOD has been tested on. If you want to try it out on your own device I would strongly recommend that you take a backup of "/system/framework/android.policy.jar" before applying this.
Please also note if you've applied the excellent 4-way reboot MOD you'll lose that feature, sorry about that...
This is based on 1.6.3. So make sure you're on that version before applying.
If you try it and it works on your device, please post to let others know.
I'll post this in the MODS section if it proves popular.

Thanks.
:rolleyes:sweet..!!
That's exactly the behaviour i'm looking for..!
I'm on 1.6.5 FR (based on 1.6.3) so it should be compatible..i'll backup the file indicated.
THANK YOU!
I'll give a feedback after tested on my defy!

:rolleyes:sweet..!!
That's exactly the behaviour i'm looking for..!
I'm on 1.6.5 FR (based on 1.6.3) so it should be compatible..i'll backup the file indicated.
THANK YOU!
I'll give a feedback after tested on my defy!

Yeehaa!! Works perfectly and make this rom perfect, if there's a poll for it's integration in base rom, you can count on my vote!!
I'll link your post to other peoples who may be interested on french communities.
Huge thanks!

And bravo!

That's great news. Glad I could help. I'm just hoping the android.policy.jar doesn't change too much each week. I love the challenge of developing a change but don't fancy re-implementing the same change every week!!!

There are some things that cannot be smali edited. Some things go even deeper than what a decompile can reveal, thus requiring source. Just saying...

I stand corrected....

That's great news. Glad I could help. I'm just hoping the android.policy.jar doesn't change too much each week. I love the challenge of developing a change but don't fancy re-implementing the same change every week!!!
I hope too, i'll keep my backup in case of need..

I guess you will be the first..! Be cautious with the file, back it up before applying or even do a full one while on recovery.

I know I'll only get my answer by testing it myself but was this only made for build 1.6.3?

If so I'd really really love to get this feature on 1.6.10 I've been requesting this feature since miui gingerbread started.
Thnx in advance

I know I'll only get my answer by testing it myself but was this only made for build 1.6.3?

If so I'd really really love to get this feature on 1.6.10 I've been requesting this feature since miui gingerbread started.
Thnx in advance

Hi
I did create a new thread in the MODS forum with the latest version but it's been with the moderator for approval for nearly a week now...

In the meantime here's the latest version...Volume Control 1.6.10

The download can be flashed via recovery. It only includes one file (android.policy.jar) I'd recommend you back up that file before flashing, just incase..

Good luck, hope it works for you..