Reset Mi4c Without Losing Root Or Locking Bootloader

Prettygrim

Members
Jan 6, 2016
hi all. i have just changed my phone and want to reset my Mi4c, if possible, removing all of my personal data, passwords and accounts and details. it is unlocked and rooted and if it is possible would like to leave it like that but just basically start from as close to scratch as i can. is it possible to wipe the phone without losing root and locking the bootloader? if so, how do i do that? if it is not possible, what is my best option to achieve a complete wipe of my data without destroying or bricking the phone?

would appreciate any help offered

Many TIA

is that vol up + power to get into TWRP, let go power when miui logo shows? not used it for ages so cant remember. would you mind to remind me please or give me a link to the info?

ok, i managed to get into TWRP without issue, considering how long since i used it. however, once in it, i had no idea what option to chose. i am not even sure if i have the required file. sorry, but need further info and guidance please, if possible

tnx for further info and guidance, iamme729. done as instructed and have indeed set the phone back. your help has been much appreciated.

it is now running:
Android 5.1.1 LMY47V,
MIUI 8.1 by xiaomi.eu 6.10.13 beta,
Baseband version 2.6.c1.2-1008_1939_a12 e06a,
kernal version3.10.49-perf-g7e3b1d9,
Build number LMY47V

as i dont know, i am assuming these are what should be. is it ok to update via 'System update' or will it not work? as i haven't yet check to see if it still has root. i am curious as to why SuperSU is still showing when all other apps have been removed. i am going to put a root checker on the phone now to test if it has retained root

ok. so the phone is still rooted and still has TWRP on it. next question is, if i update the phone rom-wise, i guess i need to use one of the 'unofficial roms' still, from here. given the info for what is installed now, which rom would be recommended to upgrade to? i have never tried to istall anything above the version 6 roms so if version 7 is best, will again need some guidance

tnx for further info, iamme729. i will go with the version 6 you indicate above. as it will be a phone for occasional use now, i dont want to mess about with unlocking again.
i'll install the 6.12.22 5.1.1 rom and let you know how things work out
i was surprised to see my contacts still available after the reset, not that it matters. i can always remove them

i see. mind you, i thought i had disabled that but never mind. anyway, many tnx to you for all your help, iamme729. so far all seems to be working fine. if ok, i'll post back if i have any other problems. tnx again

Reactions: iamme729