[ROM] AOSP 4.4 by Ivan - Guide to install

hvung1982

Members
Jul 7, 2013
Hi all,

As we known, Ivan developed a Kitkat ROM recently, and on 14.11.2013, he updated this ROM with dualboot support and rooted.

I successful installed this ROM on my Mi2. So I decide to share some experiences of mine when I install this.

First, you could download all the necessary file in the following link: https://mega.co.nz/#F!wFdB1bwS!yHbTLjH3YaMsuI4Eh26gug

In this folder, there are 4 file:

1. Mi2-2S-recovery-2013-11-13-en.zip, is the new Ivan recovery that supported Dualboot

2. aosp-aries-20131114...zip, is the Kitkat ROM, certainly :D

3. PA_gapps-modular-mini...zip, is the small PA gapps, we need it for flash Google services (My experience is that, the Full PA Gapps not work, but the Mini PA Gapps work well, don’t know why :D)

4. UPDATE-SuperSU-V1.51.zip, is the ROOT file

Let’s begin, I assume that you already have M1cha’CWM recovery and true dual boot enabled,

Step 1: Reboot to current recovery, select install zip from SD card, browse to folder that you have download the Mi2-2S-recovery-2013-11-13-en.zip above, flash it so you will have new Ivan’s recovery (If you have true dual boot enabled as mine, the device will ask you which system you would like to install new recovery, choose system 1 – assume that in system 1 is your default MIUI ROM, and system 2 is where you want to install Kitkat ROM)

Step 2: After flashed Ivan’s recovery, reboot and enter recovery again, wipe data, cache and dalvik cache on system 2, then choose install ROM from zip file, browse to folder that you have downloaded aosp-aries-20131114…zip, flash this ROM. After completed, you can flash UPDATE-SuperSU-V1.51.zip and PA_Gapps-Modular-mini…zip. (You choose system 2 when prompted)

Step 3: Go to advanced menu of recovery, change default system to system 2. Reboot and enjoy new Kitkat ROM with Gapps and Rooted :D,

Sorry for no pictures, but it’s not too difficult, so I hope that all of you will understand,

Lastly, Thank Ivan for the ROM, M1cha for recovery and @cvncbn92 for inspired me to post the guide here,

I’m just a normal user not a Pro, so sorry if anything not clear, and sorry for my Bad English :D,

Hope everyone could enjoy the Kitkat taste on Xiaomi Mi2 (s)

P/S: some screenshot from my Mi2
qenyqapa.jpg

muneju8a.jpg

hudamy5a.jpg

Last edited:
Hi,
thanks for your clear instructions. They are very helpful for someone who wants to try the new android version safely. I have a couple of questions for you:
1. If you don’t have TDB enabled, does it matter in which System you will install the new recovery or do you have to install it in both Systems?
2. After flashing KitKat, if you want to go back to an android 4.3.1 ROM (or any other non-4.4 ROM), can you do that using Ivan’s recovery or do you have to install again M1cha’s recovery?
3. Would you recommend last Ivan’s KitKat ROM for daily use or only for testing? Is it stable, reliable concerning the basic functions (calling/messaging, Wifi/Mobile Data/Bluetooth, music/camera etc.) and with good battery life?
Thanks again!

Reactions: cvncbn92
Hi,

1. If you dont have TBD so I think you flash normally (remember to backup your current system certainly :D), but I recommend you install M1cha Recovery first and enable TBD so that, this will not affect you current system.
2. Yes, Ivan recovery can flash back to previous version of android (as he description)
3. As I see now, it can be use as normal, everthing seem tobe works, but because I love MIUI so I just install it for fun :D

Hi,

1. If you dont have TBD so I think you flash normally (remember to backup your current system certainly :D), but I recommend you install M1cha Recovery first and enable TBD so that, this will not affect you current system.
2. Yes, Ivan recovery can flash back to previous version of android (as he description)
3. As I see now, it can be use as normal, everthing seem tobe works, but because I love MIUI so I just install it for fun :D
must be install M1cha Recovery first.can not intall TBD from stock MIUI recovery

Reactions: hvung1982
Edit: I have some problems with hangouts/message. Doesn't work properly, messages are sent too slow or not sent

Inviato dal mio MI 2S usando Tapatalk 4
May be the hangouts error. Try to update to latest version of hangouts!

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk 2

I have already compile a script that do this a week ago, find it a=in GoogePlay Edition rom Therad and i'm going to incude it on my ariestoolkit

Reactions: hvung1982