Rom help!

MK2007

Members
Feb 6, 2024
So I'm trying to figure out if I can; 1) change my 12pro to an EU rom - currently it has the xiomi.eu rom, but the code has MIUIxxxCNxx in it suggesting its really just Chinese. 2) I live in Europe, my phone is used in Europe - but will I get the hyperos os1.0.2.0 ulbEUxm update or the CN one?

Honestly, I'm trying to figure out how to revert my phone back to global miui13 or change it to EU rom - would love to use my google pay and all my banking apps again </3.

3) Lastly, can I revert my phone back to miui 13 global rom (it came with this and at some point with an update it changed to xiaomi.eu)? Is there an easy way to do this?

Happy with any suggestions - am at a point that Xiaomi is no longer great to use in Europe with all the uphill battles with Google Pay/Banking apps.
8gnt7uuh7ygc1.jpeg

You forgot to tell us if you had a Chinese or Global version of the phone, it makes a lot of difference.

If your only goal is to get GPay and banking apps, you can just install the latest Xiaomi.eu HyperOS or MIUI14 ROM (ROMs have been rebuilt until the start of December) and the Xiaomi GPay Module.

1) You can do it, but don't close the bootloader if you have a China device

2) I have no idea what is the meaning of this question for you... Depending on the ROM you use, you will get the matching update.

3) (Sorry, but it did not change from a Global ROM to Xiaomi.eu by itself.) I don't think there is an easy way... Maybe install an older custom ROM and then install the MIUI 13 Global ROM ? It is at you own risk and again, don't close the bootloader if you have a China device.

Also, if you have a China device with an unlocked bootloader and a Global ROM, GPay and all the banking apps won't work by default.

You forgot to tell us if you had a Chinese or Global version of the phone, it makes a lot of difference.

If your only goal is to get GPay and banking apps, you can just install the latest Xiaomi.eu HyperOS or MIUI14 ROM (ROMs have been rebuilt until the start of December) and the Xiaomi GPay Module.

1) You can do it, but don't close the bootloader if you have a China device

2) I have no idea what is the meaning of this question for you... Depending on the ROM you use, you will get the matching update.

3) (Sorry, but it did not change from a Global ROM to Xiaomi.eu by itself.) I don't think there is an easy way... Maybe install an older custom ROM and then install the MIUI 13 Global ROM ? It is at you own risk and again, don't close the bootloader if you have a China device.

Also, if you have a China device with an unlocked bootloader and a Global ROM, GPay and all the banking apps won't work by default.
Hi! Thanks for the clarification(s). Its a global phone. Bought in the UK. I'll wait for the hyperOS to roll in for my device. Would you recommend to unlock the bootloader for now if its a global device? Cause it's currently locked.

You are nonsense.
If you have a xiaomi.eu ROM on your device, it is not possible for the bootloader to be locked. Your bootloader is 100% unlocked.
Are you sure you have a Global device? If the labels on the box are in Chinese, it is not a Global device.
Check whether there is an certification symbol on the device

Attachments

• jIZN9HV.jpg
    jIZN9HV.jpg
    233.4 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
You are nonsense.
If you have a xiaomi.eu ROM on your device, it is not possible for the bootloader to be locked. Your bootloader is 100% unlocked.
Are you sure you have a Global device? If the labels on the box are in Chinese, it is not a Global device.
Check whether there is an certification symbol on the device
Haha I'm being serious here - just as befuddled as you are. Its a global version, if you see the image in my original query, phone model has G in its name. Also included a picture of my phone here. I just looked at the box it came with - bought it more than a year ago and it says on the box it came with v13.0.12.0.SLBEUXM. Which is why I queried how did it update to xiaomi.eu rom + CN version. Also yes the bootloader is locked right, according to the screenshot below?

Attachments

• IMG-20240206-WA0006.jpg
    IMG-20240206-WA0006.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 57
  • Screenshot_2024-02-06-19-50-00-995_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-02-06-19-50-00-995_com.android.settings.jpg
    287.5 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
- Yes, your device is indeed the Global version.
- Your bootloader is definitely unlocked. It is not possible to install xiaomi.eu custom ROM if the bootloader is locked.
- someone had to unlock bootloader and install xiaomi.eu ROM. It is not possible for it to install itself!!

Reactions: MK2007
- Yes, your device is indeed the Global version.
- Your bootloader is definitely unlocked. It is not possible to install xiaomi.eu custom ROM if the bootloader is locked.
- someone had to unlock bootloader and install xiaomi.eu ROM. It is not possible for it to install itself!!
Ah okay! I wondered if you would know this - because it came with v13.0.12.0.SLBEUXM - would it be possible to directly download the EU hyperos on it, by downloading it into my phone? What should i also ensure doing?

Yes, it is possible to download Global EEA HyperOS ROM and install using Miflash tool. Then you can also lock the bootloader.

If you leave the xiaomi.eu ROM you will lose some functions like (automatic recording of calls, etc.). In Global EEA, Google apps are used instead of Xiaomi apps).

Thanks! Do you have a link to the miflash tool and how to lock the bootloader? Also a tutorial on how to safely download and install the eea hyperos, would be greatly appreciated.

You can find installation instructions in Miflash. Here is one.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

You can find installation instructions in Miflash. Here is one.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Thanks. I was wondering - would these options be any use, and how to use them, if i wanted to directly download the eea hyper os or eea miui 14? Image attached below. Also whats the difference between recovery mode and fastboot mode?
Screenshot_2024-02-06-21-22-44-808_com.android.updater.jpg

Did you look at the instructions? If you install EEA ROM using Miflash, you must reboot the phone to "fastboot mode".

And don't forget, if you ever flash any ROM that was not the original when made, DO NOT CHOOSE LOCK BOOTLOADER OR TRY TO LOCK IT. You will brick your phone.
Thankfully the Xiaomi EU ROM has a safeguard to prevent this.