Rom Installation Mi4 Lte 2go Ram

Fleausad

Members
Jul 10, 2011
Hello everybody

Sorry in advance for my bad english.
I just got my Mi4 LTE 2Go ram. I installed twrp (cancro) via fastboot. I downloaded cancro rom and tried to install it bu I got ERROR: 7 message.
Do you have any idea please?

I searched for a newer twrp for Mi4 and I tried with Official MIUI Global rom : It did not work.

Did you try a kitkat (kk) or marschmallow (mm) - based MiUI? In kk-roms, there are two system-partition. With MM-roms the two partitions have to merge before.

Reactions: neogeo
Well, it is not really OK.
I had chinese app in the phone. In fact, flash_all.bat install Chinese Miui7 (Android 6.0.1). So, by installing xiaomi.eu_multi_cancro_6.5.5_v7-6.0.zip over chinese version without wipe, it keeps chinese app but gives me french translation. And I could not connect to google account and other problems.
If I wipe all via TWRP, I can not install xiaomi.eu_multi_cancro_6.5.5_v7-6.0.zip anymore.
I thought it was a problem with /system.

So I decided to wipe all via twrp, go into fastboot to launch flash_all.bat and stop it just before the install of system.img (ctrl+c). Then I reinstall TWRP via fastboot and install xiaomi.eu_multi_cancro_6.5.5_v7-6.0.zip via TWRP.
And now, I can say it, IT WORKS!

French translation, no chinese app, google account. everything looks OK. I hope it will help you too ;-)

Last edited:
Un grand merci a toi !!
Ta méthode fonctionne a la perfection ! J'ai installer la dernière version Stable disponible a ce jour (Android 6 - MIUI 7.3) Penses tu que j'aurais besoin de re-faire toute les manipulation pour flash les prochaine mis a jour ?

Well, it is not really OK.
I had chinese app in the phone. In fact, flash_all.bat install Chinese Miui7 (Android 6.0.1). So, by installing xiaomi.eu_multi_cancro_6.5.5_v7-6.0.zip over chinese version without wipe, it keeps chinese app but gives me french translation. And I could not connect to google account and other problems.
If I wipe all via TWRP, I can not install xiaomi.eu_multi_cancro_6.5.5_v7-6.0.zip anymore.
I thought it was a problem with /system.

So I decided to wipe all via twrp, go into fastboot to launch flash_all.bat and stop it just before the install of system.img (ctrl+c). Then I reinstall TWRP via fastboot and install xiaomi.eu_multi_cancro_6.5.5_v7-6.0.zip via TWRP.
And now, I can say it, IT WORKS!

French translation, no chinese app, google account. everything looks OK. I hope it will help you too ;-)
Wouldn't it be simpler to flash global fasboot rom, twrp and xiaomi.eu?
Also did you try to wipe only cache/dalvik/data and flash xiaomi.eu? Don`t think wiping system is required, it is being replaced by the new system

Un grand merci a toi !!
Ta méthode fonctionne a la perfection ! J'ai installer la dernière version Stable disponible a ce jour (Android 6 - MIUI 7.3) Penses tu que j'aurais besoin de re-faire toute les manipulation pour flash les prochaine mis a jour ?

Ce ne sera pas nécessaire. Il est possible d'installer les prochaines mises à jour via twrp sans wipe. Au pire, pour une installation propre de la MAJ, un wipe cache et dalvik cache ;-)

Wouldn't it be simpler to flash global fasboot rom, twrp and xiaomi.eu?
Also did you try to wipe only cache/dalvik/data and flash xiaomi.eu? Don`t think wiping system is required, it is being replaced by the new system

"Wouldn't it be simpler to flash global fasboot rom"
That is what I did first and it did not work.

"Also did you try to wipe only cache/dalvik/data and flash xiaomi.eu? Don`t think wiping system is required"
Well, if I don't wipe /system, I keep chinese apps and I have other problems (no connection to google account for example).

Did you try a kitkat (kk) or marschmallow (mm) - based MiUI? In kk-roms, there are two system-partition. With MM-roms the two partitions have to merge before.
mdkeil,
I have an Mi3W with kk 4.4.4. How can i merge the two partitions and install MM roms? Do you have any tutorial for this?
thanks

1. Download xiaomi.eu 5.12.17 ROM file from https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24459283995315079
2. Connect your device to the Windows PC/laptop via a micro USB cable, and copy the ROM file downloaded in Step 1 into the folder ‘downloaded_rom’ in the internal storage of your device.
3. Launch ‘Updater' app on your device:
Click the ‘…’ icon at the top-right corner, select ‘Choose update package’, and choose the ROM file you’ve put in ‘downloaded_rom’ in Step 2.
4. After flash/install reboot you have to do step 3 again.

..after this you can flash MM roms.

--this is one method!

1. Download xiaomi.eu 5.12.17 ROM file from
2. Connect your device to the Windows PC/laptop via a micro USB cable, and copy the ROM file downloaded in Step 1 into the folder ‘downloaded_rom’ in the internal storage of your device.
Click the ‘…’ icon at the top-right corner, select ‘Choose update package’, and choose the ROM file you’ve put in ‘downloaded_rom’ in Step 2.

--this is one method!
After this i can flash the last MM rom (Miui 8) with this steps (1 to 3) ?
Thank you for your help.

Goood and simple method.
One more question: what to do if i merge partitions and install MM ROM and i don't like it? Could i simply reinstall KK or there is some new procedure (vecause of merged partitions)?!
tnx
If you use xiaomi.eu roms it`s highly unlikely you`d want to go back...
Anyway going back to KK from MM requires fastboot xiaomi rom flash and additional steps to replace some files, there are tutorials on en.miui.com how to do it exactly

After this i can flash the last MM rom (Miui 8) with this steps (1 to 3) ?
Thank you for your help.
If you are still on xiaomi KK rom(stable or dev) and Mi recovery it`s not possible to flash xiaomi.eu rom with the steps as advised, it requires custom recovery(twrp) for the flash to succeed

1. Download xiaomi.eu 5.12.17 ROM file from https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24459283995315079

--this is one method!
mdkeil
Thank you for your help.
It's working with the last Miui 7 rom.

Thank you all staff members for your good work and dedicated time!
:)