Rom Mi2s Question

Best on what? What do you need in rom to call it the best? Battery life, speed, Bluetooth support...

Xiaomi Mi2S with sMIUI

I tested various roms within the last few days - AOSP 5.1, CM 12.1, MIUI V5 4.12.5 (4.3), MIUI V6 5.3.27 (4.4), IUNI V3 (4.4), TencentOS (4.4), etc.

I came to the conclusion the bugs diminishing the essential functionality as we witness in Android L-based MIUI V6/V7 roms are possibly the intention from the developer. Slow speed when on wi-fi, unreliable GPS with a cyclic loss of signal, poor camera performance, etc.

Why? Because even the most obscure and ****** Chinese ROMs I tested offer this type of functionality that is precise and reliable despite other and more understandable bugs that are due to not enough capacity and time to correct them.

The essential factors like the ones described above are functional in all the roms but Android L-based MIUI V6/V7.

Last edited:
Reactions: cbpbxecmecmbeh
You tested a rom of this December? How did you do that?
The miui 5.12.4 is the miui of the 4 December 2015...

~ Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 Prime ~

Yeah, that should have been "4.1". I haven't been using V5 since the April, so I forgot its Android base. I've never tried WIUI, but someone recommended it to me.

To all the guys who experience GPS related issues on Android 5-based MIUI 6/7 roms, especially the cyclic loss of signal - remove the Fleksy keyboard, uninstall it and if it doesn't help, try to uninstall any additional keyboards. Even the other apps may play a role, so the elimination techique should uncover the cause.

Mine was the use of Fleksy on L-based MIUI roms.