[rom]-- Smiui Rom -- Ultimate Custom Rom --[multilang,stable/weekly]

Hey guys,

some information for you about smiui and current progress:

Its very hard to keep the project running. Xiaomi is changing more and more things every week, different for every device.
We currently have the following *major* problems I know about:
-Reboot Menu Mod is not working for Devices > Android L
-SuperSU is not working for some of the latest devices
-Root is very very different for each device
-ROMs for aqua, ido, kenzo , latte dont seem to work (Boot.img Problems) I already found the problem but I am still getting headache when trying to find solutions.
-Unicode MMS Mod is not working anymore. ( think i will completly drop it . . )
-Center Clock Mod has to be completely recreated every week due to xiaomi changing the sources again and again and again and again . . . .
-etc . . .

I am trying my best, but due to personal issues which come on top as well I could not fix all these things by now...
Maybe I will skip the latest version and try to find a fix for all these things first and implement Viper4Android as well.

Maybe its just too much for only 1 person .. all these changes, special dependencies for each device. I should hire some staff members :D

Don't hurry more than needed. You already do awesome work on smiui, highly appreciated.
It is not that important to stick on every rom. I notice however , testing also the raw xiaomi.eu that cancro 6.3.31 beats every rom, very very good. It removes the wifi connectivity issue, it could be a good candidate for you.

Agree. And the next rom could be 6.3.31.

Envoyé de mon MI 4W en utilisant Tapatalk

Hey guys,

some information for you about smiui and current progress:

Its very hard to keep the project running. Xiaomi is changing more and more things every week, different for every device.
We currently have the following *major* problems I know about:
-Reboot Menu Mod is not working for Devices > Android L
-SuperSU is not working for some of the latest devices
-Root is very very different for each device
-ROMs for aqua, ido, kenzo , latte dont seem to work (Boot.img Problems) I already found the problem but I am still getting headache when trying to find solutions.
-Unicode MMS Mod is not working anymore. ( think i will completly drop it . . )
-Center Clock Mod has to be completely recreated every week due to xiaomi changing the sources again and again and again and again . . . .
-etc . . .

I am trying my best, but due to personal issues which come on top as well I could not fix all these things by now...
Maybe I will skip the latest version and try to find a fix for all these things first and implement Viper4Android as well.

Maybe its just too much for only 1 person .. all these changes, special dependencies for each device. I should hire some staff members :D

Thanks Seb for all your work on thsi rom. I really want to help you out with all this but unfortunatly I don't have enough knowledge in rom modding :/ So I gave you a few bucks ;)

Anyway, I want to help my way and I suggest you to use this package if you want to introduce ViperAndroid on all devices. It can install all audio libs like Atmos, Beats or XLoud or just V4A (more than enough IMHO) with preinstalled drivers. And it works with Android MM builds in Enforcing SeLinux and uses a beautyfull Material design for Viper apk. A must have for all audiophiles !

Also, Xposed in now working quite well (on Mi4) so center clock mod and reboot menu mod is not required as xxxTy3uKxxx provided good working xposed module to do so, as well as Hartec from 4pda.ru with its awsome MIUI Tweaks module ! So here it is, lot of good things so like many people here, the most important is stability. Less rom but better quality would be very much appreciated !

If some of us could help you in any way, I'll be pleased to bring my contribution to powered this perfect rom ! Heil to Sebsch1991 ! ^^

...I would like to add that even less features in favour of more stability would be highly appreciated - thus, maybe, lowering your workload...

I agree to you guys, but this is kinda hard to provide for all devices. If I would only support Mi4 (which I personally own) it would be no problem at all ... But I need to find a global solution for all ROMs and for all devices. And Xiaomi has so many differences between particular devices -.- ... 6.3.31 might be great for Mi4 (but could be horrible for RedMi Note 3).. Every week I am recoding my build script to detect and handle all changes and dependencies for every single device ... and thats driving me crazy.

But enough crying .. I will think about it among the next days... Maybe I can (again) find a new way to MOD the ROMs after I changed from AROMA to the sMiUI Kitchen.

Thanks @Milous98 , temperature in germany is 20 °C .. I´ll have a drink outside ;)

Hi,
I try to install sMiUi on my Mi2s first time this morning, but i recive an error (unable to mount /system) I use TWRP 2.8.7.0 and unifed_single_xiaomi partition. I flash classic MiUi 6.3.24 and it work like a charm o_O
What could be the problem?
I from MoKee 5.1.1
I'm on sMiUi!!!! I use TWRP 3

No problem with connectivity, 3g and Wifi work well.
The only problem is the alarm clock that turn on phone but not sound o_O

How it is possible that my TWRP was updated to 3.0.0.0 on my mipad while upgrading your rom ?
I didn't install anything else and I don't even have TWRP 3.0.0 install file on my tablet.

I agree to you guys, but this is kinda hard to provide for all devices. If I would only support Mi4 (which I personally own) it would be no problem at all ... But I need to find a global solution for all ROMs and for all devices. And Xiaomi has so many differences between particular devices -.- ... 6.3.31 might be great for Mi4 (but could be horrible for RedMi Note 3).. Every week I am recoding my build script to detect and handle all changes and dependencies for every single device ... and thats driving me crazy.

But enough crying .. I will think about it among the next days... Maybe I can (again) find a new way to MOD the ROMs after I changed from AROMA to the sMiUI Kitchen.

Thanks @Milous98 , temperature in germany is 20 °C .. I´ll have a drink outside ;)

if possible, select rom+device at your convenience.
Have fun with a beer outside ;)

Ahh... that's why the kitchen stays in "Processing..." state for a long time. Good to read before I did something wrong with my new latte device. I'll stick to dev ROM until you can find a solution. Really, no MIUI based ROM better than sMIUI.

EDIT:
The ROM is finished cooking, but I'm afraid to flash it after reading your notes.

Last edited:
Hey guys,

sorry smiui.net is down due to some problems with my WebHoster . . . they made a huge mistake and now the server is offline -.-

Further I´ve came across some new ideas for the whole smiui project to provide 100 % stability and easy handling for me! sMiUI is gonna change and the website is gonna change. Maybe I will skip even the next update to finish all things first, I dont know.

Hi @sebsch1991, don't stress yourself with to many updates. I for myself have gone back to older version from last year. All I need is working. I can wait.

Gesendet von meinem 2014813 mit Tapatalk

@sebsch1991 stick to the stable roms smiui is everyones choice cause it has great performance, its as much as possible bug free and it has miui interface. Thats the whole thing that made it a success. Dont let them drive you crazy with every week updates. I mean thats silly man. Think about it.

Looking forward for your next move either way.

Let's sMIUI be Stable MIUI :p or superMIUI as you like.

6.3.24 was great and I stay on Mi2S with that rom.

Xiaomi Mi2S with sMIUI

Reactions: Matze002
Erm, sometimes the top (first half inch) of my screen is unresponsive? Yet the hardware > touch screen test shows no issue?

Installed on Redmi Note 3 Pro (kenzo), stuck at the MI logo screen on startup. Bootloader is unlocked and TWRP installed of course.

(SOLVED WITH UPDATE) Excuse me @sebsch1991 , I can't go in smiu.net because the site says this...
Screenshot_2016-04-06-21-52-21_com.android.browser.png

How can I download a smiui rom with my mi2s? I can't go in smiui.net site with chrome and standard browser.. But I can go in the site with my tab/pc.

Last edited:
Just download it to PC and then move to the phone memory... Using cable or Airdroid or ftp server on Files App.

Xiaomi Mi2S with sMIUI

Reactions: datu82