[rom]-- Smiui Rom -- Ultimate Custom Rom --[multilang,stable/weekly]

Flashed on Mi3 16Gb with sMIUI 7 build 6.5.25

Getting "error 7" on TWRP 3.0.2 using the settings below

N7ZPuQF.png

Edit: Tried cooking using this settings

kgOKgQC.png

Flash success! Thanks Sebsch1991!
How do you solve the problem?

Dirty flash on Mi2s, TWRP 3.0.1, wiped cache and dalvik cache.
Everything works fine!

Some problems with ViPER4Android, (the music stops...) and several glitch with headphones.
Anyway I really like new camera, new energy saving menu and new settings arrangement.
Pretty smooth ROM.

Good job Seb!
Thank you very very much!

Inviato dal mio MI 2S utilizzando Tapatalk

Reactions: jauling
I tried the new Smiui 8 just now for Mi4
I used Xposed so i installed the last ARM v85 by solarwarez
Did wipe cache and dalvik as always

I don't know if it's because of Xposed or not, but It happened a strange thing:

- As if the screen lights up and down constantly and bringing back to home every 3secs.
- Charger plugged, it play the charger in sounds every 3 secs.
Oppening FB Messenger for example, I Got a FC. Maybe it's not the only app...

Reverting back to smiui 7 ^^

I'll try an other future versions

Dirty flash on Mi2s, TWRP 3.0.1, wiped cache and dalvik cache.
Everything works fine!

Some problems with ViPER4Android, (the music stops...) and several glitch with headphones.
Anyway I really like new camera, new energy saving menu and new settings arrangement.
Pretty smooth ROM.

Good job Seb!
Thank you very very much!

Whats about gps?Work corectly or lost signal every 5-7min?

Odoslané z MI 2S pomocou Tapatalku

I still have not tried the GPS . Maybe tonight... Sorry.

News:
I noticed an abnormal overheating of the CPU.
Sometimes approximately 45/55°C for a few minutes simply using tapatalk, the browser or miui music player.
Someone please confirm.

Last edited:
I tried the new Smiui 8 just now for Mi4
I used Xposed so i installed the last ARM v85 by solarwarez
Did wipe cache and dalvik as always

I don't know if it's because of Xposed or not, but It happened a strange thing:

- As if the screen lights up and down constantly and bringing back to home every 3secs.
- Charger plugged, it play the charger in sounds every 3 secs.
Oppening FB Messenger for example, I Got a FC. Maybe it's not the only app...

Reverting back to smiui 7 ^^

I'll try an other future versions

Nervmind, I wipe all cach and dalvik,
reinstall MIUI 7
wipe cache and dalvik
install miui 8
wipe again
boot miui 8
configured all
install Xposed
wipe again

And this time all good

I love the new smiui 8.

But the browser seems not to work properly.

With original keyboard, the first character in the search bar is not taken.

My favorite keyboard, touchpal, is writing a character with first touch on the keys. But instead of writing the second character, the first one was deleted.

Write - delete - write - delete and so on.

Weird

Dirty flashed smiui 6.6.23 by MI3

Greetings from Germany!

Reactions: rendolf
How do you solve the problem?

I tried to download the ROM again by choosing different features (check boxes) . Look for 2nd screenshot.

For some reason, the ROM I'm getting using the first customization is always corrupt (first screenshot) . Enabling Xiaomi sync and clear dalvik/art somehow gave me a good rom to flash. I'm not sure if its the problem with the website or probably with the way the website enables/disables features before you download it.

Last edited:
Reactions: XiaomiNexus
**IMPORTANT ADVISE: Sometimes TWRP have issues installing .zip and get Error 7. If this happend, please reinstall ROM twice. In the second try, TWRP will can install without problems.
Just try install again in case of error 7,not cook the rom again.**

Last edited:
Reactions: rendolf
I love the new smiui 8.

But the browser seems not to work properly.

With original keyboard, the first character in the search bar is not taken.

My favorite keyboard, touchpal, is writing a character with first touch on the keys. But instead of writing the second character, the first one was deleted.

Write - delete - write - delete and so on.

Weird

Dirty flashed smiui 6.6.23 by MI3

Greetings from Germany!
same keyboard behavior in browser
both miui and smiui both latest
clean install both
using Swype keyboard
in Firefox keyboard functions good

Sent from my MI 2SC using Tapatalk

Reactions: BoJack

GPS doesn't seem to be working correctly on my Mi2s, too. I tried with Waze and Google Maps and it takes a bit to found the right spot and then it works fine, but then it's kinda like going on standby every once and a while and I noticed it just works again if I unlock the phone.

I still have not tried the GPS . Maybe tonight... Sorry.

News:
I noticed an abnormal overheating of the CPU.
Sometimes approximately 45/55°C for a few minutes simply using tapatalk, the browser or miui music player.
Someone please confirm.

I haven't noticed any overheating even with GPS and Spotify and tons of backuground apps working, I can easily say it got better about overheating with Smiui8

The problem I have is related to audio recording. I'm used to record rehearsals with my band with no issues until the end of April's updates (ie Smiui 6.4.7 version is working great, May updates aren't), since then something changed in audio recording and files can't be listened anymore because of weird noises. It's a microphone/audio recording problem, it's about volumes peaking or maybe noise reduction not working stuff like that, but I can't record anymore.
Does anybody have a clue about this or can help me fixing it? I'd appreciate that, it just pisses me off not being able to do that since recordings are actually amazing for a mobile phone.

GPS doesn't seem to be working correctly on my Mi2s, too. I tried with Waze and Google Maps and it takes a bit to found the right spot and then it works fine, but then it's kinda like going on standby every once and a while and I noticed it just works again if I unlock the phone.

I haven't noticed any overheating even with GPS and Spotify and tons of backuground apps working, I can easily say it got better about overheating with Smiui8
Anybody know how to solve problém with gps on mi2s?

gps is also about 150 meters off from the actual place here.

I.m using this, fasterGPS, found it on F-droid, it fine-tunes the gps.conf to your region. but it doesn't help

af71fed110755a30f6b29505071f7884.jpg

no heating probs here on my mi2sc, such a cool phone

Sent from my MI 2SC using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Force close on messages on redmi note 2 :(
Using hangout as workaround

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk

**IMPORTANT ADVISE: Sometimes TWRP have issues installing .zip and get Error 7. If this happend, please reinstall ROM twice. In the second try, TWRP will can install without problems.
Just try install again in case of error 7,not cook the rom again.**

Well in may case it didn't work. I tried to flash it 4 times. That's when I decided to re-cook the ROM.

Hey @sebsch,

is it possible, to program more available characters in owner Info?

Greetz

In previous versions of MIUI this had to do with permissions. Without proper permissions to run in the background, GPS would get killed in apps like Endomondo, Runkeeper etc. Settings -> Extra Settings -> Battery & (something) -> Manage Battery use for Apps -> Choose Apps There you can define apps that should have unlimited access to everything in the background.

It took me 6 months of furious anger and frustration to find this solution. I hope this will solve your problems too.

Reactions: aittamattia
In previous versions of MIUI this had to do with permissions. Without proper permissions to run in the background, GPS would get killed in apps like Endomondo, Runkeeper etc. Settings -> Extra Settings -> Battery & (something) -> Manage Battery use for Apps -> Choose Apps There you can define apps that should have unlimited access to everything in the background.

It took me 6 months of furious anger and frustration to find this solution. I hope this will solve your problems too.

Yeah, that can do it! I'm gonna see how will be GPS as soon as I will leave work today, thank you very much, I think this is gonna be helpful for a lot of people around here! :D

I have done this setings before and it is the same. Every 6 min lost gps. But it depend on aplication too. Sygic losting signal and I think that endomondo is much better

Mi4c with 6.6.23 is getting very hot

GPS is ok, battery drain, no more stable?

Last edited:
Mi 2S user here, still on Smiui 5.10.8 (miui7).
Tried to flash Smiui 6.6.30_QM5VX1 with TWRP 3.0.2 and getting the "System 7" error.
Wiped cache/dalvik and/or flashed the ROM again and still getting the error.

Any ideas?
Should I do something before/after the procedure?