[rom]-- Smiui Rom -- Ultimate Custom Rom --[multilang,stable/weekly]

i tried to upgrade to 5.11.14 but when I go to "About the phone" it says that the MIUI version is 4.10.31... While it did successfully the upgrade from CWM ?! Any idea ?

Thank you
(Sorry for my english)

i tried to upgrade to 5.11.14 but when I go to "About the phone" it says that the MIUI version is 4.10.31... While it did successfully the upgrade from CWM ?! Any idea ?

Thank you
(Sorry for my english)

I think you're talking about 4.11.5 ...
Well thats corret, I currently didnt edit the build.prop to show sMIUI Version, it always shows the version its build on and that is 4.10.31 as you can see in changelog.

I will change that in next release.

Reactions: tmz83
I think you're talking about 4.11.5 ...
Well thats corret, I currently didnt edit the build.prop to show sMIUI Version, it always shows the version its build on and that is 4.10.31 as you can see in changelog.

I will change that in next release.

Yup i talked about it.. No problem I just thought that something go wrong... :)

Thanks for the great job.really.I'm using wiui yet because I find it better but it's normal after years of developing.

Grazie

I upgrade system to 4.11.5 . Much better than 4.10.31.
Very great improvement in the fluidity , UI no have lags.
4.11.5 is very fast, and smooth ! Battery life ? - hmmmm, too soon, would write something.
I'm waiting for the next update !

Sorry for my bad English :-|

I experience trouble with recieving SMS's!
I cannot recieve any messages, and when I try to, the "Messaging app has crashed".
I can recieve calls and all, just not messages.

I did completely fresh install; wiped data, caches, dalvik, system and flashed it.
I have repeated fresh installation to see if that would fix the problem, but apparently not!

What goes? Anyone got some advice here, or are you possibly experiencing the same problems?

EDIT: I can recieve SMS's from Danish phone numbers but I cannot recieve SMS's from Google (THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT FOR ME SINCE I USE TWO-FACTOR LOGIN) - and now I'm basically ****ed and unable to login to my Google account :O!

Last edited:
Hi, can you add CRT screen off effect?

And little bug. After remove xiaomi services, phone still want add xiaomi account.

EDIT: I can recieve SMS's from Danish phone numbers but I cannot recieve SMS's from Google (THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT FOR ME SINCE I USE TWO-FACTOR LOGIN) - and now I'm basically ****ed and unable to login to my Google account :O!

Sounds weird, maybe you try areound in mms settings for blocked numbers or so ..

Hi, can you add CRT screen off effect?

CRT-OFF Animation should be no big deal, but I gotta fix my apktool problems first so I can decompile System APKs...
I got a step further to fix it but its still not running as I want it...

And little bug. After remove xiaomi services, phone still want add xiaomi account.

Thats the Updater.apk, it just tells you that you should login to get latest OTA-Updates. Xiaomi Services are actually removed!
When installing sMIUI you dont need OTA Updates from Xiaomi.

Sounds weird, maybe you try areound in mms settings for blocked numbers or so ..
I tried, man, but that's defo not it, I even completely disabled the spam blocking tool.

Anyhow, I managed to login to Google and turn off the two-factor autentification until this has been fixed (I'm not saying it's due to your build, it could just as well be Xiaomi who's done something to their ROM lately).

Luckily, I had taken a picture of the alternative log-in codes to use just in case, that was really a life saver here :D!

Had trouble me too with message app on previous smiui

I tried, man, but that's defo not it, I even completely disabled the spam blocking tool.

Anyhow, I managed to login to Google and turn off the two-factor autentification until this has been fixed (I'm not saying it's due to your build, it could just as well be Xiaomi who's done something to their ROM lately).

Luckily, I had taken a picture of the alternative log-in codes to use just in case, that was really a life saver here :D!
Go in messaging setting and turno of group carrier message option. It should solve.

Reactions: Gobbenobber
Thats the Updater.apk, it just tells you that you should login to get latest OTA-Updates. Xiaomi Services are actually removed!
When installing sMIUI you dont need OTA Updates from Xiaomi.

Problem resolved. If i use Updater.apk from WIUI, phone does not require login.

First thoughts after update: runs silky smooth! Thanks again for yet another great release :)

Problem resolved. If i use Updater.apk from WIUI, phone does not require login.
I simply disabled the notification

Anyone here using titatium backup? It hangs when restoring apps...

Update : I tried to do the update.zip for the recovery, and now I have no apps and the memory completely full ... In both systems.

Last edited:
Update : I tried to do the update.zip for the recovery, and now I have no apps and the memory completely full ... In both systems.

What exactly do you mean ?

Somebody tried the CPU script ? Im thinking about adding AROMA support ... Isnt that complicated but loads of work to script :/

What exactly do you mean ?
With titanium you can create a flashable zip with all the backups, so you can restore everything by flashing this zip in the recovery.
I tried to do this because the normal restore hanged during restoring...
I flashed the zip, but When I reboot, I can't see the apps, they are not available , even titanium continues to see all the apps uninstalled, but the internal memory now is full.
And is full also for system1!!! (I have flashed smiui on sys2 )
My backup are from sys1

--
Xiaomi mi2s

Go in messaging setting and turno of group carrier message option. It should solve.
Yo thanks a lot buddy :D!
Edit: Unfortunately did not resolve my issue, thanks anyway, I mean it might easily have worked :p

Last edited:
About battery life, its not bad, but neither amazing. Same as WIUI, 24hs with 1.5hs of screen time on Mi2s 2000mAh, on first run

About battery life, its not bad, but neither amazing. Same as WIUI, 24hs with 1.5hs of screen time on Mi2s 2000mAh, on first run
Is it your impression that this is the case with all MIUI based builds? :)
I'm looking for another OS to run on my sys1 that has maximum battery life ;)!

Still love the new sMIUI enough to use it as my daily OS though :D.

Maybe a problem of free space? If the two systems share the same data partition, than is impossible to have the same apps if memory for apps is occupied by more than 50%... Isn't it?

--
Xiaomi mi2s

I cannot recieve any messages, and when I try to, the "Messaging app has crashed".
I can recieve calls and all, just not messages.

I did completely fresh install; wiped data, caches, dalvik, system and flashed it.
I have repeated fresh installation to see if that would fix the problem, but apparently not!

What goes? Anyone got some advice here, or are you possibly experiencing the same problems?

I can confirm that, cuz I can't recieve any SMS from PayPal for now. When there should be a SMS from PayPal, the SMS app FCs!

Today it madre me Same SMS error.
Code:
 java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: URI: content://com.android.contacts/phone_lookup/, calling user: com.android.mms, calling package:com.android.mms
	at android.database.DatabaseUtils.readExceptionFromParcel(DatabaseUtils.java:167)
	at android.database.DatabaseUtils.readExceptionFromParcel(DatabaseUtils.java:137)
	at android.content.ContentProviderProxy.query(ContentProviderNative.java:420)
	at android.content.ContentResolver.query(ContentResolver.java:461)
	at android.content.ContentResolver.query(ContentResolver.java:404)
	at miui.provider.ExtraTelephony.isContact(ExtraTelephony.java:783)
	at miui.provider.ExtraTelephony.getSmsBlockType(ExtraTelephony.java:1619)
	at com.android.mms.transaction.SmsReceiverService.storeMessage(SmsReceiverService.java:858)
	at com.android.mms.transaction.SmsReceiverService.insertMessage(SmsReceiverService.java:705)
	at com.android.mms.transaction.SmsReceiverService.handleSmsReceived(SmsReceiverService.java:619)
	at com.android.mms.transaction.SmsReceiverService.access$100(SmsReceiverService.java:74)
	at com.android.mms.transaction.SmsReceiverService$ServiceHandler.handleMessage(SmsReceiverService.java:227)
	at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:102)
	at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:136)
	at android.os.HandlerThread.run(HandlerThread.java:61)

Edit: Using miuiandroid rom only with boot.IMG modified, it give the Same error

Last edited: