[rom]-- Smiui Rom -- Ultimate Custom Rom --[multilang,stable/weekly]

Just updated to 4.11.14
Maybe it's because I'm not used to tdb but updating through the miui updater by choosing a zip file updated System 1 instead of system 2 where I had smiui. No big deal though.
Home button seems to be unresponsive which is kind of a pain.
Notifications do not show up in notification drop down. At least the first one I got for email's and sms. I think I will revert to the precedent version

But I have to say that this is an excellent piece of work. Keep it up!

Denis

Yes, you can.
Please report back if you get any bugs/errors.
Well, actually I did run into trouble. Sorry about that.

I installed SMIUI over default MIUI (v5)... it fails to connect WIFI. (Keeps saying its trying)
So I wiped cache(and dalvik). (No factory reset though.) Did not work.

I tried reverting to MIUI (v5) (from yesterday) But now it stays in the bootscreen. Stuck.
Tried installing multiple times but no.

So I installed SMIUI again, because a rom with failing WIFI is still more than no rom at all.
I really didn't expect that reinstalling MIUIv5 would fail. I assumed it was a good option if SMIUI would have issues (which is not a big deal btw).

Sys1 with WIUI is still up and running except the miaccount/sync/fc gapps issue.

Maybe I can help? I had the WIFI issue one time before, and that was when I was trying to run WIUI and MIUI without! TDB.... After enabling TBD this issue was solved. Not sure if this info helps... but there is no such thing as too much knowledge.

Last edited:
Well, actually I did run into trouble. Sorry about that.

I installed SMIUI over default MIUI (v5)... it fails to connect WIFI. (Keeps saying its trying)
So I wiped cache(and dalvik). (No factory reset though.) Did not work.

I tried reverting to MIUI (v5) (from yesterday) But now it stays in the bootscreen. Stuck.
Tried installing multiple times but no.

So I installed SMIUI again, because a rom with failing WIFI is still more than no rom at all.
I really didn't expect that reinstalling MIUIv5 would fail. I assumed it was a good option if SMIUI would have issues (which is not a big deal btw).

Sys1 with WIUI is still up and running except the miaccount/sync/fc gapps issue.

Maybe I can help? I had the WIFI issue one time before, and that was when I was trying to run WIUI and MIUI without! TDB.... After enabling TBD this issue was solved. Not sure if this info helps... but there is no such thing as too much knowledge.

When upgrading v5 to v6 wiping /data (factory reset) is a MUST !
The same for downgrading v5 to v6 !

If you want to up- or downgrade you should do a logical backup via Settings Local MIUI Backup -> Wipe data factory reset -> Install new ROM.

Please follow instructions in Post #1 for a fresh install.
Just updated to 4.11.14
Maybe it's because I'm not used to tdb but updating through the miui updater by choosing a zip file updated System 1 instead of system 2 where I had smiui. No big deal though.
Home button seems to be unresponsive which is kind of a pain.
Notifications do not show up in notification drop down. At least the first one I got for email's and sms. I think I will revert to the precedent version

But I have to say that this is an excellent piece of work. Keep it up!

Denis

Please install sMIUI via CWM as stated in Post #1 .
When installing ROMs with MIUI Updater it will allways install to the other system.
Means running Updater in System1 will automatically install to system 2 and vice versa.

When you come from other ROMs than sMIUI please do a fresh install with wipe /data.

In the bugs of 4.11.14 I also have no lockscreen anymore. I wiped cache and dalvik after update. I'm reverting to the previous version.

In the bugs of 4.11.14 I also have no lockscreen anymore. I wiped cache and dalvik after update. I'm reverting to the previous version.
Well I've updated to 4.11.14 and I have no such issues.

@sebsch1991:
But in changelog it said that updater will be removed. When I was browsing through apps in link2sd to freeze them I came across updater.apk. I don't have any issues with it, but when I looked at about page I saw that it says 4.11.14|Developer but updater apk is present. I just want to be sure that I've flashed correct ROM.

BTW I found dualboot.apk. Thank you for pointing it out.

Last edited:
I too flashed over 4.11.07 and now using it to reply this post. You just have yo flash zip file in recovery. I didn't have any such issues...

I guess the problem is the recovry 6.0.5.1.

Now I do a clear flash under 6.0.5.0, everything is fine.

I guess the problem is the recovry 6.0.5.1.

Now I do a clear flash under 6.0.5.0, everything is fine.
Happy to know that everything is fine. I too am interested in android L, but xposed hasn't yet supported it. thsus I'll be waiting till it supports it to activate required modules

Thanks working well except the audio quality. My piston 2 sounded like just an ordinary earphone now. A bug from V6 maybe? Audio was awesome in V5 (Wajk rom).

I cant tell about Miui v5 or v6 sound quality but sMIUI and WiUI use exactly the same sound mod.
I dont listen much music with my phone, sorry.

sebsch1991
When I'm installing some other rom which has implemented recovery I received question about replacing actual recovery after rom update.
Can you add info/question like this?

You can download PTR seperately.
Link is in Post #1.

Just flash PTR Zip File after you flashed sMIUI weekly release.

If I try to download it:
OnLcGJ6.jpg

On the files of M1cha there isn't PTR
D:

Rom installed and it seems really good :)

Just one general question: my proximity sensor seems broken, when I make a call the screen turns immediately off and there's no way to turn it on, even power and volume buttons don't work.
They work only when the other person ends the call.
This happens with all the roms I tried, so I guess it's a hardware issue.
Is it possibile to disable proximity sensor? I can't find the option in menu settings...