[rom]-- Smiui Rom -- Ultimate Custom Rom --[multilang,stable/weekly]

ah okay, thanks for confirming. Guess I was lazy after all not recovering my 4.1 backup and comparing with the 4.4 :)

ah okay, thanks for confirming. Guess I was lazy after all not recovering my 4.1 backup and comparing with the 4.4 :)
Did you try? Does it work?
It asks me to replace the original app (makes sense) but I'd rather not.

Or I just try it on the other partition...

ehmm, well, no, didn't work for me.

tried to change permissions for the v5 camera app rw-r--r-- with total commander app, but didn't work, I messed up with original camera app too, so tried to restore system in cwm from backup, but unfortunately the 2 smiui backups gave error whilst recovering, several times, so make fresh installation and now I'm installing all apps again -still have to find an easy way :)

anybody else with problem restoring cwm smiui backup?

And eager to learn about permissions -not lazy, ehh well, shameless yes, actually

ehmm, well, no, didn't work for me.

tried to change permissions for the v5 camera app rw-r--r-- with total commander app, but didn't work, I messed up with original camera app too, so tried to restore system in cwm from backup, but unfortunately the 2 smiui backups gave error whilst recovering, several times, so make fresh installation and now I'm installing all apps again -still have to find an easy way :)

anybody else with problem restoring cwm smiui backup?

And eager to learn about permissions -not lazy, ehh well, shameless yes, actually

What errors do you get when restoring ?

wonderful rom, have been using smiui as daily driver since a few weeks ! stable & no fcs (playstore) at my mi2sc, tdb.

I prefer camera from wiui5. is it possible to port?

Im currently working very hard on my MIUI v6 decompiling issues but I cant completely solve them..
Once I've got that working I can do further modding and improvements in sMIUI.

Reactions: rendolf
the first 2 responses in recovery after md5 checksum go well and then it just says error recovering /system and(in advanced recovery) error in /data. Have tried 2 separate backups from smiui several times, same same.

md5 is okay, boot is okay and the one after boot is okay, sorry not sure the name. Then it give error.

did not cross check with other system backup, so could be cwm? although before I have other roms restored well, like lungo, pac, cm, wiui. Sorry I can't provide logcat, don't know how and wish I had the tyme cwm version 6.0.5.0

camera is not that bad, just thought v5 camera is better. Lol use of backups is to save time. Now I have made a backup from installed apps in smiui, that seems to work.

the first 2 responses in recovery after md5 checksum go well and then it just says error recovering /system and(in advanced recovery) error in /data. Have tried 2 separate backups from smiui several times, same same.

md5 is okay, boot is okay and the one after boot is okay, sorry not sure the name. Then it give error.

did not cross check with other system backup, so could be cwm? although before I have other roms restored well, like lungo, pac, cm, wiui. Sorry I can't provide logcat, don't know how and wish I had the tyme cwm version 6.0.5.0

camera is not that bad, just thought v5 camera is better. Lol use of backups is to save time. Now I have made a backup from installed apps in smiui, that seems to work.

Sounds weird, Please try again after flashing next release 4.11.21 ...
It will reflash recovery.

Please reply back if the error still comes up when restoring a backup.

hello,can you integrate google play market to your zip file?
Google Apps are preinstalled in sMIUI by default

4.11.21 will be online around 12.00 AM (GMT +1) tomorrow

Is wipe cache and dalvik enough before installing the rom or is wipe data necessary?

Cache and dalvik cache will be automatically wiped when installing sMIUI.
When you come from sMIUI you dont have to wipe anything, just flash over previous version..
When you dont come from sMIUI please do completely fresh install with wipe /data factory reset.

any success install wsm tools or xposed framework ?
wsm tools is deprecated and most things doesnt work with MIUI v6.

Reactions: ale_gallagher
Hi Sebsch1991, grat job man!
Just one question: is it possible to enable ART from build.prop in this WONDERFUL rom?

sebsch1991 is it possible to update your remove xiaomi framework with the updater.apk linked by xbenny? For those wishing to remove Xiaomi Toolwork that it doesn't keep nagging for the account?

Just a suggestive question of course; love your work! :)

Reactions: stillka
sMIUI 4.11.21 is ONLINE and availble in Post #1 !!!
Thanks to donators for your appreciation!

Have a nice weekend and happy flashing guys ;P
Oh man, been updating this post every 15 mins since 12:00 AM because I was so eager, this update is highly appreciated man!

It's great that you'll spend time on improving our beloved MIUI ROM <3

Thank you :D !

ETA: I already flashed it and tested the new MIUI 6 Feature to edit music tags <3 I love it!

Why haven't the releases 4.11.14 and 4.11.21 got the name "CWM" but have the name "aries"? Haven't they got the CWM recovery?

Why haven't the releases 4.11.14 and 4.11.21 got the name "CWM" but have the name "aries"? Haven't they got the CWM recovery?
I'm guessing because @sebsch1991 is making sMIUI for multiple devices, and since there's now only one version per device (with CWM - not PTR), he chose to name his ROMS after devices and not after the recoveries installed :)

Last edited:
Reactions: sebsch1991
I'm guessing because @sebsch1991 is making sMIUI fore multiple devices, and since there's now only one version per device (with CWM - not PTR), he chose to name his ROMS after devices and not after the recoveries installed :)

Thats the point ;)

I´ve started building sMIUI for MI4 and Mi3 since I couldnt find any ROM out there with features like init.d etc...
But it seems custom ROMs for Mi4 and Mi3 are by far not as much requested as for Mi2/s :-/

But you´re right new ZIP-Files contain device name instead of "CWM" .