[rom]-- Smiui Rom -- Ultimate Custom Rom --[multilang,stable/weekly]

Anybody having a problem with "viper" with this latest update? Not sure if the fault is from the Rom or from the viper app.
It would download the drivers successfully which will prompt to reboot but after the reboot & open the viper it would ask again to download the drivers. Tried so many times with the same result.

Last edited:
Anybody having a problem with "viper" with this latest update? Not sure if the fault is from the Rom or from the viper app.
It would download the drivers successfully which will prompt to reboot but after the reboot & open the viper it would ask again to download the drivers. Tried so many times with the same result.
No problem here with viper4android
Drivers installed successfully after reboot. Maybe you have to give root access to the app

Drivers installed successfully after reboot. Maybe you have to give root access to the app
The drivers are successfully installed as well as asking for it to reboot. I'd been using viper for months now but only this time I have trouble updating the drivers after I updated the rom.

The drivers are successfully installed as well as asking for it to reboot. I'd been using viper for months now but only this time I have trouble updating the drivers after I updated the rom.
Did you try fixing permissions in CWM?

I remember this worked for me once when Viper was seriously strange for me, like it would work sometimes but I'd have to play a song, then enter Viper, then exit both, stop the song, re-enable Viper, wait 5-20 seconds and then play a song again...

Yeah... X)

Did you try fixing permissions in CWM?

I remember this worked for me once when Viper was seriously strange for me, like it would work sometimes but I'd have to play a song, then enter Viper, then exit both, stop the song, re-enable Viper, wait 5-20 seconds and then play a song again...

Yeah... X)
Got it.Had to wipe all & reinstall the rom.

When will there be German language included? In the Testversion (I believe it was 5.11.29) german was already in there.

Despite of that, your ROM is pretty awesome.

Because Sebsch made an experimental version of sMIUI based on the original MIUI release (contrary to the one published on here (multilanguage version)), and he named these experimental versions 5.x.x instead of 4.x.x EX (don't ask me why though, I honestly can't remember).

Some people seem to be confused about this but it's basically just experimental versions based on the original (Chinese) version of MIUI straight outta MIUI.com without the added features found on the xiaomi.eu (miuiandroid.com) releases.

Your "We aren't in 2015" quote is an example of the confusion :)!

I do believe, however, that Sebsch discontinued the work on the fore-mentioned experimental versions of sMIUI ("5.x.x") because Xiaomi will soon be releasing official multilanguage versions, which he plans on building sMIUI ROMs from in the future.

Last edited:
Reactions: SkiFire13
I think it's better to call it experimental then? It had me also a bit confused.
I would advise against using more numbers to distinguish versions.
Just my two cents.

Reactions: SkiFire13
with wiui v5 browser it was not a problem, but since smiui the internetbrowser cannot handle redirect-links ; whenever there's a link f.e. in tapatalk and I press it, the browser comes with "can't load this page".

then I copy the page url and paste it in opera browser, which handles it well.

does anyone recognize this browser-behavior and have a solution?

here's an example of a redirect-link:

http://redirect.viglink.com/?key=af...outube.com/watch?v=5qSY_0MuwNk&subId=tapatalk

Reactions: dabox
Screenshot_2014-12-09-22-59-11.png Screenshot_2014-12-09-22-58-32.png
with wiui v5 browser it was not a problem, but since smiui the internetbrowser cannot handle redirect-links ; whenever there's a link f.e. in tapatalk and I press it, the browser comes with "can't load this page".

then I copy the page url and paste it in opera browser, which handles it well.

does anyone recognize this browser-behavior and have a solution?

here's an example of a redirect-link:

http://redirect.viglink.com/?key=af42453c9de5ccbf9d1df47b302ef433&out=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qSY_0MuwNk&subId=tapatalk
Yup I have this issue too.
I can confirm.
Screencap to follow.

ETA: Screenshots

Last edited: