[rom]-- Smiui Rom -- Ultimate Custom Rom --[multilang,stable/weekly]

4.12.19 is ready to download for you in Post #1.

experimental version is also available in Post #1.

Pleas Note - This weeks experimental Version does not contain google Apps !! Please flash gapps seperately after sMIUI installation. You can find them here !

Happy flashing and have a nice weekend ;)

Hi sebsch1991, Im already update and flashing last night, everything is much better (battery, sound, data access and many), except date and time for timezone not fix like i was reporting before.. always back to GMT+1 after reboot or shutdown the device.

Reactions: kamakasnh
Also, I cannot watch a movie in mx player. As soon as I start playing it says com.android.systemui is not responding and none of the buttons work except power menu
I think MX Player not compatible with the version of this ROM, please using stock video App, its better than MX Player

Hi sebsch1991, Im already update and flashing last night, everything is much better (battery, sound, data access and many), except date and time for timezone not fix like i was reporting before.. always back to GMT+1 after reboot or shutdown the device.
That TimeZone problem has been reported several times, but I cannot reproduce it.
When I change my timezone to +7 and set Time to "automatic" I can reboot the device and the timezone is still set to +7 and the time is correct.
Further there is no sMIUI mod that should affect the timezone behaviour.

I think MX Player not compatible with the version of this ROM, please using stock video App, its better than MX Player
Stock player doesnt have background play setting stock player doesnt have back to menu function after finishing a movie. Plrase dont comment if you havent used its all functions. Mx player is not only issue. Poweramp also has the same.issues. And com.android.systemui is not responding error is not coming after the movie (mx player) or a music(poweramp) is finished.
Dear @sebsch1991:
If I only format:system and clear caches can I revert to previous rom (4.12.12) witbout doing a full data format? I dont want to lose settings apps contacts and messages.

Well there is not much you can do, the easiest way would be to edit the ZIP File before flashing and put your APK into /system/priv-app/

You would not have to set permissions then as its getting set by the sMIUI installation
Good suggestion, thanks!

That TimeZone problem has been reported several times, but I cannot reproduce it.
When I change my timezone to +7 and set Time to "automatic" I can reboot the device and the timezone is still set to +7 and the time is correct.
Further there is no sMIUI mod that should affect the timezone behaviour.
Let me test also, I'm in the Netherlands so not sure if I can test it. Brb...

Result:
If I disable automatic timezones, change it, then reboot, the manual set TZ sticks.
That's how it should work.
The automatic timezone, I can't test it.

Last edited:
Thanks for your help. Thats exactly the same as for me.

For all those having TimeZone issues, please try to keep "Time" set on automatic and set your "TimeZone" to your specific timezone manually!

Changed to my current time zone +2. Set airplane mode. Reboot. After reboot, it changed again to +1 time zone...it is really awful... I cannot wake up right at the time i want.

PS automatic time zone is unchecked.

Changed to my current time zone +2. Set airplane mode. Reboot. After reboot, it changed again to +1 time zone...it is really awful... I cannot wake up right at the time i want.

PS automatic time zone is unchecked.
And you can confirm that you dont have this behaviour on xioami.eu 4.12.19 or miui.com 4.12.19 ?

That's weird I never had this problem even with last releases... I'm Italy don't guess it's +2 right?

And you can confirm that you dont have this behaviour on xioami.eu 4.12.19 or miui.com 4.12.19 ?
The two latest trials, it works. I'll check if it's reboot behavior.

Once again, and it's back to GMT +1 after reboot.

Last edited:
I feel sorry for the ones with TZ issues, I can relate it feels annoying, but I trust Sebsch also. It's annoying when you, as an developer, can't reproduce the bugs someone claims.

And he has been working really hard on the roms. Maybe the poster above me, has helpful hints.

(not an helpful post, sorry, about that.)

Stock player doesnt have background play setting stock player doesnt have back to menu function after finishing a movie. Plrase dont comment if you havent used its all functions. Mx player is not only issue. Poweramp also has the same.issues. And com.android.systemui is not responding error is not coming after the movie (mx player) or a music(poweramp) is finished.
Dear @sebsch1991:
If I only format:system and clear caches can I revert to previous rom (4.12.12) witbout doing a full data format? I dont want to lose settings apps contacts and messages.

I had similar issues with Pocket Casts app. com.android.systemui not responding. I even had to pull my battery to make the issue disappear.
To fix, I reverted back to sMIUI 4.12.12 by switching to the none active system in my recovery (System 2 was active so I switched to System 1). Did not lose any data, just had to wait a while for it to boot up.

Sent from my Xiaomi MI 2

Also, I cannot watch a movie in mx player. As soon as I start playing it says com.android.systemui is not responding and none of the buttons work except power menu
Same here. And with Rocket player too
I had similar issues with Pocket Casts app. com.android.systemui not responding. I even had to pull my battery to make the issue disappear.
To fix, I reverted back to sMIUI 4.12.12 by switching to the none active system in my recovery (System 2 was active so I switched to System 1). Did not lose any data, just had to wait a while for it to boot up.

Sent from my Xiaomi MI 2
Same here. Mx player & Rocket player as well.

previously i had timezone issue every reboot when i use "normal" smiui which is based on xiaomi.eu..however after i try smiui experimental version which is based on original miui, i have no problem with timezone issue (mine is gmt +7 btw)
however i need to report again after some manual reboots.

Last edited:
I would like to report a bug ( also present in older releases) The rear microphone does not work. It is an indication of different users Italians.

hello I wanted to know if you have solved the problem of the rear microphone, i'am italian and i have this problem with al rom's miui based on V6.