[rom]-- Smiui Rom -- Ultimate Custom Rom --[multilang,stable/weekly]

ART stands for Android runtime which is a new runtime like Dalvik which is introduced experimentally in the 4.4 release. This is a preview of work in progress in KitKat that can be turned on in Settings > developer option.n 4.4 both runtimes are now available, Dalvik runtime (libdvm.so) and the ART (libart.so).The user can choose it from developer options.

http://en.miui.com/thread-21129-1-1.html

But I don't have any mms.apk. I also use link2sd and I viewed all installed apps, not only system apps. Are you sure it is called mms.apk?

Edit: Oh, sorry. It is messaging app. I couldn't find it while searching for mms.apk ;) I'll try and report the result
The Messaging Bug is in the official 5.1.9 Mms.apk! Please wait for xiaomi to fix this in next release or flash Mms.apk of sMIUI 5.1.3 !

Someone trying to switch to art?
Just flag this and wait booting. Working for me.
Yes you can enable ART, but every reboot will take about 10 minutes then ;)

sMIUI is great: performance is excellent, battery drain is 0, very stable. THanks !
One question: how can you select a notification sound for messaging? The only option seems to be going online and select a sound from that list, I cannot search locally for a sound which is default for JellyBean,KitKat,Lollipop.
Is this option missing in the ROM currently , or is there a workaround ?

Screenshot_2015-01-12-14-50-17.png

Sound>Default Notification Sound>Local>Browse

If you have Es File Explorer you can use it for search the sound

Actually, I already used ES File Explorer as a workaround to set the other sounds. So no problem there.
The problem is "Message Received", which cannot be set through ES File Explorer.
And also for the other sounds , there is no option to browse locally, I can only browse online sounds.
Sound>Default Notification Sound>Local>Browse does not exist in my ROM,
anyone has screenshots, may be I'm overlooking a feature/option

Does anyone have problems with proximity sensors? Prevent pocket dials is enabled in settings. My phone randomly gets unlocked in pocket and opens apps and writes whatsapp mesagges...

Actually, I already used ES File Explorer as a workaround to set the other sounds. So no problem there.
The problem is "Message Received", which cannot be set through ES File Explorer.
And also for the other sounds , there is no option to browse locally, I can only browse online sounds.
Sound>Default Notification Sound>Local>Browse does not exist in my ROM,
anyone has screenshots, may be I'm overlooking a feature/option

cde1fd9d7e0cfeeb905dc9be86470a3d.jpg

../system/media/audio/ui
there are the system sounds, just change what you like

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1421095282244.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1421095282244.png
    216.7 KB · Views: 292
Last edited:
I'm facing a problem with the repartition of internal memory on my Mi2S.. Could anyone help me? It says something like I've not enough internal memory to install new apps.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-01-14-18-12-47.png
    Screenshot_2015-01-14-18-12-47.png
    117.1 KB · Views: 269
Would you please make MIUI Calendar instalation optional in AROMA? I don't need it and it's interfering with my other calendar app. Also MIUI Browser is kind of useless for me. Thank you :)

I agree with Maknof. I uninstall/freeze more than 15-20 apps after each ROM update using link2sd app ;)

Thank you guys! Didn't realize i can uninstall these with external app. Thought since sMIUI "aims to be as customizable as possible" it would be no problem to make instalation of all MIUI apps optional. I'm sure you would prefer not to install something rather then uninstall it after flash :)

Can someone upload the working mms.apk? Thanks.
Im sure its fixed in 5.1.16 which is released tomorrow!

Thank you guys! Didn't realize i can uninstall these with external app. Thought since sMIUI "aims to be as customizable as possible" it would be no problem to make instalation of all MIUI apps optional. I'm sure you would prefer not to install something rather then uninstall it after flash :)
You´re right . But I think having an AROMA menu with 50 options the wrong way! That wouldnt be smart/easy/user-friendly anymore...

A ROM can never fit the needs of all its users and I am putting the most used functions to AROMA so users can choose. But I cannot make the whole thing optional.
Next version will contain option to remove the Stock Browser. When there are enough users asking for another option I will think about adding it.

Reactions: Elbay Malik
if you want to delete a system app you can use a root browser for delete the file .apk of the app you want delete on /system/apps