[rom]-- Smiui Rom -- Ultimate Custom Rom --[multilang,stable/weekly]

I have fc on mail app
Screenshot_2015-02-15-14-37-41.png

The messaging app (mms.apk) has 2 bugs: the font is too big and there's no emoticons.
So I installed the mms.apk from smiui exp version and it has no bugs but it's only in English...
How can I translate it in Italian?

Why no have power save mode ?
Procesor dual core at 900 MHz ?
power saving mode is completely integrated in ROM ..but xiaomi removed it from the selection menu in settings. Means you cannot activate it.

If somebody can find a way to change build prop settings with a widget it would be no problem to have a power save mode. I cant do that since I am no java coder :/

The messaging app (mms.apk) has 2 bugs: the font is too big and there's no emoticons.
So I installed the mms.apk from smiui exp version and it has no bugs but it's only in English...
How can I translate it in Italian?
Sure? I use Textra for sms because the sms app's font is too big. I must try it

Sure? I use Textra for sms because the sms app's font is too big. I must try it
Textra is very beautiful but if you have a contact widget and you touch the messaging icon, textra doesn't work :-(
If you want to try: with mixplorer remove the MMS.apk in the folder root/system/priv-app, then you copy the new MMS.apk in the same folder and reboot the phone.
I can't attach the MMS.apk from exp version... Sorry

Textra is very beautiful but if you have a contact widget and you touch the messaging icon, textra doesn't work :-(
If you want to try: with mixplorer remove the MMS.apk in the folder root/system/priv-app, then you copy the new MMS.apk in the same folder and reboot the phone.
I can't attach the MMS.apk from exp version... Sorry
Ok, it work :3

Do you know if the mms.apk of wiui work?

Hi , I'm a new happy user of sMIUI , and i would like to tell you it is a great work , really i like very much it , THANKS !
If possible I would like to put some informations of bugs or something elses to help you :)

I have a little question , about the temperature managment of this phone , with smiui 5.2.7 i had like 75-80°C (158-176°F) when i was playing HD games (like GTA , NOVA ,...) , I took the temp with "CPU temp" app , and on desktop i had like 25°C (77°F) , but with smiui 5.2.13 i have 35°C (95°F) , theses high temperatures are normal ? Dangerous ?
An other question :D
when i'm choosing the cpu limitation in AROMA installer (like 1134mHz , it will be full power in perf mode ? (1.7Ghz)
Sorry for my really bad english , and really thanks for your work !

MI2S , aries

Last edited:
Hi , I'm a new happy user of sMIUI , and i would like to tell you it is a great work , really i like very much it , THANKS !
If possible I would like to put some informations of bugs or something elses to help you :)

I have a little question , about the temperature managment of this phone , with smiui 5.2.7 i had like 75-80°C (158-176°F) when i was playing HD games (like GTA , NOVA ,...) , I took the temp with "CPU temp" app , and on desktop i had like 25°C (77°F) , but with smiui 5.2.13 i have 35°C (95°F) , theses high temperatures are normal ? Dangerous ?
An other question :D
when i'm choosing the cpu limitation in AROMA installer (like 1134mHz , it will be full power in perf mode ? (1.7Ghz)
Sorry for my really bad english , and really thanks for your work !

MI2S , aries
Thanks for your kind words and requests.

I didnt change anything about temperature management from 5.2.7 to 5.2.13 .. Maybe Xiaomi did but I think its more reasonable that you had another backgroundprocess or anything else happened. You should check it over a bigger amount of time and compare values. But sure 35 °C is no problem at all..

When you choose a CPU limit while installation or in the init.d-File you will have that freq-limit for all cores of your CPU in the "Balanced"-Power mode. The frequency can be lower BUT NOT HIGHER! Further "MPdecision" is enabled and will shut down cores when your phone doesnt need them ( this will further reduce power consumption).

In "Performance"-Mode all your Cores will go up to Full Power (1,7 ghz for mi2s) and stay there! All cores will allways be online !

Thanks you for your answer :D nice management , it's usefull for our battery !
And what about 75°C in hd game ? I have to be carefull ?

Last edited:
v6 is a special version MIUI on mi2. And that means, the ROM is castrated. Will not be better in terms of the camera.

Mi2s powered by sMIUI

I knew about the Camera thing, but this is also because the Processor of the Mi2S Camera isn't fast enough for slowmo...

What are other restrictions in the MIUI V6 Version for Mi2S?

Could someone explain to me the difference between "qualcomm optimized z3 libs" and "standard qualcomm libs"? what is the difference in terms of performance and consumption of our Xiaomi Mi2S?

Could someone explain to me the difference between "qualcomm optimized z3 libs" and "standard qualcomm libs"? what is the difference in terms of performance and consumption of our Xiaomi Mi2S?
They are, just as you were saying, optimized in terms of performance and power consumption. I dont know about any objective reviews, but you can try it by yourself.

Reactions: datu82
There was V5, if you don't trust me, install V5 and check it for yourself. Or Google it.

And camera sensor has no processing CPU, all processing is done by ISP, which is part of SoC. BTW IMX214(13Mpx version) is 1080p@60fps capable.

I would like to thank all Donators for their great support !!

I really enjoy creating sMiUI with all its features and it is a pleasure to see that others like and appreciate my work.

Thank You!

----

I actually planned to buy a Mi4 around christmas 2014, but I was waiting for a better price and now the 64 GB Version is not availble for weeks now ...
I will not be buying a Mi-Note or Mi-NotePro as I think it is kinda weird and uncomfortable to have such "big" devices. Phone up to 5 inch or Tablet with about 10 inch, I dont like that "phablet" idea...
Will I build sMiUI for Mi-Note ? Well if there is enough requests I will think about it.

I am hoping for a great Mi5 in Summer 2015 and will be preordering the device immediately as soon as its published

I'm a little confused: My Rom keeps updating automatically (at least I receive a notification that my rom was updated). But the rom that is being installed does not seem to be this one (maybe "normal" aries?). what is happening?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-02-17-10-08-30.png
    Screenshot_2015-02-17-10-08-30.png
    203.8 KB · Views: 271
I'm a little confused: My Rom keeps updating automatically (at least I receive a notification that my rom was updated). But the rom that is being installed does not seem to be this one (maybe "normal" aries?). what is happening?
You MIUI Updater App upgraded your phony automatically.
As stated in previous posts, this will cause some problems.

I will completely disable Updater App in upcoming builds ! Such problems should never happen again in the future.

You will now have to reinstall CWM recovery and install latest sMiUI as described in Post#1

Reactions: jauling and reijin

I will completely disable Updater App in upcoming builds ! Such problems should never happen again in the future.

You will now have to reinstall CWM recovery and install latest sMiUI as described in Post#1
I will reinstall now. One question though: The second post says 5.2.20 is released, but I can't find the link in the first post am I missing sth.?

PS.: Grüße ;)

I will reinstall now. One question though: The second post says 5.2.20 is released, but I can't find the link in the first post am I missing sth.?

PS.: Grüße ;)
Second post is only changelog. Im keeping you up to date about ongoing development almost every day. 5.2.20 is the changelog for the upcoming release.

Schön noch ein paar Landsmänner hier zu sehen. Bei miui-germany und decuro scheint smiui ja nicht so verbreitet zu sein.

Can you use a personal Updater App that search sMIUI updates and upgrade with recovery and AROMA?

Ps. Thanks for your fantastic work :3

Last edited: