[rom]-- Smiui Rom -- Ultimate Custom Rom --[multilang,stable/weekly]

For early question. MIUI 5.0 beta is very flawed.
With the rest, the MIUI 5.0 - everything is the same. Art is the default. There is nothing special in MIUI 5.0

Mi2s powered by sMIUI

I'm getting a bit disappointed by Xiaomi. I was hoping for official Miui 6 Lollipop, but it seems to be another flop on Mi2s, pursuant to the words of kulig007 and others beta-testers.

I would prefer to Xiaomi focused on improving v6 4.4 for mi2. What already is probably not realistic :-/
5.0 '' daily use'' - a long way.

Mi2s powered by sMIUI

Reactions: Zinko and JohnLocke
I would prefer to Xiaomi focused on improving v6 4.4 for mi2. What already is probably not realistic :-/
5.0 '' daily use'' - a long way.

Mi2s powered by sMIUI
Miui doesn't care about your or my comment. Every week is the same thing at official forum: a bunch of users just kissing ass**, others complaining about Miui cosmetic updates, and not fixing battery drain, camera, Dolby and other fundamental/basic stuff. The hardware is as good as the software that allows it to work.
As it is, at the present, Miui is really made by independent developers that go the extra mile like Wajk, M1cha, hani, sebsch1991, Khaon, Ivan and all the others. They try to fix , listen and reply to users. A thing that customer support must do, and Miui´s doesn't.
And worst, there is no acknowledge by Miui that the software is WIP, at best, for a eternity, in tech time-measurement. They just whistle along as the weeks goes by.

Last edited:
It seems to me, that the improved battery drain when using wifi. But while the 2G / 3G - battery quickly disappears. But it is not worse, than the version 5.2.27

Mi2s powered by sMIUI

Reactions: jauling
-Flash v6 ROM with fastboot. (its not as hard as it looks like)
-enable true dual boot
-install latest sMiUI to /system2
-restore your MiUI Backup

ok, I will try it and then I try things I mentioned and I will report result. Thanks again

Hello - I am back with my report... I am almost 2 weeks on 5.2.13 after your recomendation procedure. I am very, very happy with this rom. Here is my report, just in case you are interested in one :D

- phonecall issues - I am using now 3G, because I am afraid of call issue on 2G, but I haven't had a single problem till now
- GPS - After first long fix - it is okay now. My problem disappeard
- Camera - sucks when focus, but we know that...
- flashlight on lockscreen doesn't work well. Shortcut in notification bar works well, but home button on lockscreen doesn't let flash on more time than just a few seconds...
- battery drain - when the phone is idle, it consumes too much energy (like over night for example). (I have synchronization off) I have now Total awake time more than 4 hour and Screen-on time just 1 hour. It could be: sns_async_ev_wakelock or suspend_backoff. I had better battery in previous versions...
Except of this sometimes happends, that some app, even when I kill it, keeps CPU on front until restart phone. It is usually some app with GPS

In /system/etc/init.d/01smiui_optimization if i increase gpuclock i overclock the gpu. Does it work? Can I have problems (i won't set it to a big frequencity, i'll see about Adreno 320)?

Last edited:
In /system/etc/init.d/01smiui_optimization if i increase gpuclock i overclock the gpu. Does it work? Can I have problems (i won't set it to a big frequencity, i'll see about Adreno 320)?
You can only set it to one of the following values:
400000000 320000000 200000000 128000000

Other values will be ignored and gpu will run on 400000000.
Overclocking requires a special kernel.

You can only set it to one of the following values:
400000000 320000000 200000000 128000000

Other values will be ignored and gpu will run on 400000000.
Overclocking requires a special kernel.
I saw the file 01sMiui_optimizations, the gpuclock is setted as 400000000, but in the app Cpu-z the gpu frequence results as 320 MHz and not 400

i have some problems when I swype to the right to open "calls"

it stays on lockscreen some seconds, after that period it goes in standby

EDIT: there are some problems with pin and swype sequence set

also I have a miband

Sent from Xiaomi Mi-6w ( the "w" is for winter not for wonder)...with tapatalk 26°

Last edited:
Reactions: cartone