[rom]-- Smiui Rom -- Ultimate Custom Rom --[multilang,stable/weekly]

Options > Qualità Video > FULL HD

Inviato dal mio Mi2s (sMiui)

Not video, i mean photo

resolution photo is 1080x1920 (about 400-900 kbs) with lollipop version, while 1840x3264 (about 1.5-2 MB) with kitkat version

Last edited:
Thanks for the ROM, Sebsch :)

Some first feedback:
- Titanium Backup is working (but I had to log in again to every app -unless I do something wrong).
- The Unicoded 160 char Stripper isn't working.

Is full wipe needed? I didn't understand D:

I have smiui 5.3.13 and CWM 6.0.5.0

Personally I have done no wipe.
I switched from 5.3.27 to 5.4.10 without problem. (CWM 6.0.5.0)
Make a backup via recovery and then try it.
I really love this ROM.

Inviato dal mio Mi2s (sMiui)

Since 5.4.10 google play/server doesnt work.
Does anyone have a solution?!

So i'll try a full wipe and a clean install. I'll give you a response in a few minutes.
/e
full wipe doesnt work over cwm/philz... so i ill go back to 5.4.3.

Last edited:
What are the differences between the sMiui-5-4-10-aroma and between xiaomi.eu_multi_aries_5.4.10_v6-5.0 ?

In 5.4.3 and 5.4.10 dont work russian language, when select him for system language, any keyboard been closed with errors

Good news:android 5.02
bad news:app setting sms ... all need to be set again due to directory structure change.Missing google play.

Radio app doesn't work well in sMIUI last two version - app start, but there isn't any sound. Version xiaomi.eu_multi_aries_5.4.10_v6-5.0 has the same problem.

Hi, just installed your wonderful Rom and am satisfied so far. Runs very smooth, so thanks for your impressive work.
The only problem I've encountered is that I also have the Mic bug: I hear nothing from the other side and the other side also doesn't hear me. Any suggestion/solution for this? I did a clean install with Full wipe in CWM 6.0.5.0 and TDB off.

i try install but i get a ERROR:
"Install update.zip failed!
update.zip is corrupted"

Last edited:
Thanks for this ROM. As an unfortunate Mi2S owner, I found myself discriminated by Xiaomi and switched to WIUI after development of it ended, so I had to stick with that joke of the official Special Edition of MIUI 6. Last week my phone didn't boot after a regular weekly update so I searched around once again for an alternative and luckily found your sMIUI. I'll give you my feedback.

Old bugs fixed:
  • I tried 5.4.3 as first version, and default Messaging app crashed every time I opened any conversation. This isn't happening anymore with 5.4.10.
Bugs still present:
  • My university gives free WiFi for students, encrypted with WPA2-Enterprise: I am given a .p12 certificate I have to import to get CA and such. Importing via Certificate Installer (done tapping on the .p12 file from file explorer) never worked, giving the error message "Couldn't install because the certificate file couldn't be read". However, MIUI used another tool, whose name I never checked, by going from System Settings → Privacy → Credential Storage → Install from Storage (I could tell it was different because it lead me to navigate through a rough-themed explorer with a left panel to choose the memory I should navigate into). In sMIUI, however, no such tool exists: going from the Privacy Settings I'm redirected to MIUI's file explorer too, which leads to the"Couldn't install because the certificate file couldn't be read" error. So, unlike MIUI 6 Special Edition, in sMIUI I can't import p12 certificates to connect to my university's WPA2-Enterprise free WiFi
Minor things I'd want:
  • I really like the possibility to choose Lollipop's gray-out transition for screen lock and those animations for closing/lowering apps, but I don't like the fact that it's possible to change this only via the AROMA installer, so if I find that animations are slowing my phone down I have to reflash the ROM. I know there's a reason for this, but I'll anyway ask if is it possible to make the animations toggle a normal option in system settings? Also, can you port v5's CRT electron beam animation for screen lock, also present in WIUI?
  • When Messaging crashed, I was forced to resort to third-party apps. I discovered Textra and loved it, so I'd want to use it in place of Messaging even now that the default app works. But if, from Contacts, I click on the baloon icon, Messaging is opened, and not Textra, even if I appointed that as default messaging app, both from inside Textra (confirming my choice in the warnings MIUI gives me) and from Apps → Default Apps settings. Can I select a third-party messaging app so that it is opened from the Contacts app, when I click on the baloon icon besides a telephone number?
Things I particulalry appreciate:
  • In MIUI, whenever I wanted to give some app Root Access, I had to go through five warning messages, each one having a five seconds cooldown on the confirmation choice. You reduced this to one message only. I hated and kinda feel kidded by having to annoyingly wait twenty-five seconds each time I wanted to give root access to an app needing it, when MIUI advertises it is aimd towards freedom of choice and use to the user, and I get really treated as a child and choices that matter are obstacled. Thanks for removing that stupid and controversial thing actually giving the user simbolic freedom of choice back.
Overall, I think in sMIUI I finally found what I'm looking for. Thanks for it and keep on the amazing work! When other things like the ones I posted come to my mind (and when I'll run into them), I'll add them.