[rom]-- Smiui Rom -- Ultimate Custom Rom --[multilang,stable/weekly]

i try install but i get a ERROR:
"Install update.zip failed!
update.zip is corrupted"
Don't install it via default MiRecdovery, that recovery is a joke and won't let you do a goddamn thing. Flash CWM recovery as explained here, downloading the image from here.

To quickly get adb and fastboot in a windows system, just install the exe you find at this link answering yes to all the questions, then enabling USB debugging in the Developer Options of your phone and installing on your PC the peripheral detected when you plug it in via USB using these drivers. If you have troubles in any passage, ask me.

Reactions: Chemicalbuz
so many steps?
there is an easier way ? I have the version 5.4.10 xiaomi.eu version, but wanted to try the sMiui .
I've tried installing via updater app and via Recovery and gives error on both

so many steps?
there is an easier way ? I have the version 5.4.10 xiaomi.eu version, but wanted to try the sMiui .
I've tried installing via updater app and via Recovery and gives error on both
This is a different ROM afaik, it is not considerable as an update of the MIUI you have installed. That is the reason why it gives you those errors. Believe me, it is easier done than said anyway, and you do not do that just to install sMIUI, having a recovery worthy of being called so is something you must do. From experience I tell you that when my system broke, with MiRecovery I could do nothing to actually recover it. Every time I had to flash CWM and with that get my phone working again.

Display drain too much battery, omg!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-04-12-04-47-40.png
    Screenshot_2015-04-12-04-47-40.png
    51 KB · Views: 281
So in short for me:
0 make titanium app backups
1 make nandroid of sys 2 by using recovery
2 disable TDB
3 restore my nandroid backup back to the now single boot/system 1, to make sure all works.
Then actual new update:
4 flash new LL ROM
4b if faulty then first wipe, then reflash

Did I miss anything?

Display drain too much battery, omg!!

You need to adjust the brightness, compared to KK seems doubled.
Also the LED notification blinds me...

KK > Automatic Brightness > 55%
LP > Automatic Brightness > 30 - 35%

Inviato dal mio Mi2s (sMiui)

Last edited:
/data folder is empty, but there are all the applications. Where are?

Edit: I use ES file Explorer. I think is a problem of the restored backup, so i unistalled it and tried to download the latest version from play store (already flash gapps) but I recive an error

55d90436d7518ed7016b241012d28603.jpg

/data folder is empty, but there are all the applications. Where are?

Edit: I use ES file Explorer. I think is a problem of the restored backup, so i unistalled it and tried to download the latest version from play store (already flash gapps) but I recive an error

55d90436d7518ed7016b241012d28603.jpg

You have to delete your google account from the settings and then do the login again

This release is a milestone! It's incredibly smooth in balance mode @1200mhz! I would have never expected such a great improvement! Thanks! Tried to install xposed for lp but I doesn't work, did someone manage too make it run?

I tried to install TWRP 2.8.1 because CWM has problems with wipes, I thinks that is the cause of many bugs... But with TWRP when I boot the first time I can't do the setup because I have FC of Settings.

My installation:
Flash smiui
Wipe data
Flash gapps minimal 5.0.x
Wipe Cache and Dalwik Cache

Do I have to wipe data before?
You have to delete your google account from the settings and then do the login again
Thanks, I don't use it on Lollipop release, but I had the same problem after reinstall kitkat :)

Still BT issues with phone calls, audio/metadata transmission. 1200MHz dual core is the sweet spot for Balanced operation mode.
In Ivan´s AOSP 5.1´s BT works flawlessly. I just wish it could be possible to do a "copy-paste" of that particular module to sMiui.

Is the updater app removed intentionally from Smiui?
Yes it is. There is no need for it when using sMiUI and disabling it prevents people from flashing ROMs via updater.apk which can lead to further problems.

Still BT issues with phone calls, audio/metadata transmission. 1200MHz dual core is the sweet spot for Balanced operation mode.
In Ivan´s AOSP 5.1´s BT works flawlessly. I just wish it could be possible to do a "copy-paste" of that particular module to sMiui.
Calls are working fine for me, but I think a2dp is still faulty.

I'm torn .. I have to think about what I do.

In case you decide to try sMIUI, this is the basic procedure to flash any ROM, not just this:

1. Download the essential adb and fastboot tools from here. Open the installer and answer yes to the first and third questions (software and drivers). Decide for the second, if you want to install it for your user only or for your whole system.
  2. Go in Settings → Additional Settings → Developer Options and activate Developer Options (needed to activate any other thing in there) and USB Debugging
  3. Download official Xiaomi USB Drivers from here. Plug in your phone with your USB cable and use those drivers to install any unknown peripheral that pops up.
  4. Download ClockWorkMod Recovery for your device (from this link if you have Xiaomi Mi2 and Mi2S)
  5. Extract the .img file from the .zip archive you just downloaded in C:\adb and rename it recovery.img
  6. Open a command prompt (cmd.exe) and address
    Code:
    cd C:\adb
  7. Turn your phone off and enter fastboot mode (hold power and volume down button). You should see MiBunny operating an Android bot
  8. Address the command
    Code:
    fastboot device
    in your command prompt. You should see an alphanumeric code and 'device'
  9. Address the command
    Code:
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
You now have CWM as your recovery and you can do anything you want: format specific partitions and caches and install any ROM you want, both if you have copied the .zip previously on your phone or if you haven't, using sideload and pull/push.

I installed google calendar and the normal calendar will show sync too.
MIUI calendar and Business Calendar didn't sync. After instalation of Google Calendar everything synced and seemed fine...
BUT! After uninstaling GoogleCal i tested the syncing and it didn't work. So I reinstalled GoogleCal and tested again. Right now it seems to sync only when GoogleCal is present on device :-/

Updated from 5.4.3 to 5.4.10 and the Google play store does not work. Tried to go back to 5.4.3 but problem remains. Luckily I had nandbackup to go back to.

Lollipop m2s

Updated from 5.4.3 to 5.4.10 and the Google play store does not work. Tried to go back to 5.4.3 but problem remains. Luckily I had nandbackup to go back to.

Lollipop m2s

Does anyone know if I have to wipe data before of after flashing the ROM (5.4.10)?

If you come from sMiui 5.4.3 it's not necessary to wipe data before flashing. And in any case wiping data after flashing a rom is not useful I think :)

For those who have problems with calendar or other gapps I suggest to flash pico gapps that can be found in xda forum with the latest update in april 10th.

The only problem I've encountered is that I also have the Mic bug: I hear nothing from the other side and the other side also doesn't hear me. Any suggestion/solution for this? I did a clean install with Full wipe in CWM 6.0.5.0 and TDB off.
Just wanted to report that the problem is solved. I flashed an old radio from here and calls are working properly again with sound on both sides. I'm relieved that I don't have to go back to KK. Now this Rom is ready for daily use for me. :)

Bluetooth working fine in L Version for mi2s ? Got a headset that I use daily

I have some BT problem.
I don't have a headset, but I use it with a portable speaker.
The devices connect each other every time, but sometimes it happens that you don't hear the sound. :/
When this happens i restart the phone and everything works fine.

No issue with KK...

Inviato dal mio Mi2s (sMiui)

Last edited:
Reactions: ygyrt24
In case you decide to try sMIUI, this is the basic procedure to flash any ROM, not just this:

1. Download the essential adb and fastboot tools from here. Open the installer and answer yes to the first and third questions (software and drivers). Decide for the second, if you want to install it for your user only or for your whole system.
  2. Go in Settings → Additional Settings → Developer Options and activate Developer Options (needed to activate any other thing in there) and USB Debugging
  3. Download official Xiaomi USB Drivers from here. Plug in your phone with your USB cable and use those drivers to install any unknown peripheral that pops up.
  4. Download ClockWorkMod Recovery for your device (from this link if you have Xiaomi Mi2 and Mi2S)
  5. Extract the .img file from the .zip archive you just downloaded in C:\adb and rename it recovery.img
  6. Open a command prompt (cmd.exe) and address
    Code:
    cd C:\adb
  7. Turn your phone off and enter fastboot mode (hold power and volume down button). You should see MiBunny operating an Android bot
  8. Address the command
    Code:
    fastboot device
    in your command prompt. You should see an alphanumeric code and 'device'
  9. Address the command
    Code:
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
You now have CWM as your recovery and you can do anything you want: format specific partitions and caches and install any ROM you want, both if you have copied the .zip previously on your phone or if you haven't, using sideload and pull/push.
I guess windows/linux users are used to taking the hard road. :)

Reactions: ilkertr
If you come from sMiui 5.4.3 it's not necessary to wipe data before flashing. And in any case wiping data after flashing a rom is not useful I think :)

For those who have problems with calendar or other gapps I suggest to flash pico gapps that can be found in xda forum with the latest update in april 10th.

No, I come from smiui 5.3.13

But I resolve all my problems. No wipe data :)

How can i install ClockWorkMod Recovery on miui rom?

Yes, but it has a bug that doesn't do any wipe with lollipop

Wrongly recognized contacts in phone logs still persists randomly.
Together with defective BT usage, this is a no-can-do for me. It can´t be my daily driver. I suppose it´s a MIUI base bug.
Gotta switch to AOSP 5.1 or 4.4, but I hope MIUI base improves for the developers be able to do their enhancements.