[rom]-- Smiui Rom -- Ultimate Custom Rom --[multilang,stable/weekly]

is 5.4.17 TDB friendly?
I'm whit sMiui 5.3.27 in sys1 and v5 4.5.12 in sys 2, TDB enabled
may I flash it on sys 1 over sMiui kk after wipe data/factory reset?

is 5.4.17 TDB friendly?
I'm whit sMiui 5.3.27 in sys1 and v5 4.5.12 in sys 2, TDB enabled
may I flash it on sys 1 over sMiui kk after wipe data/factory reset?
Please always post which device you are using. I think youre having a Mi2.
I personally didnt try it yet, but there is some users saying that TDB still works with the Android L Version.

Do a Nandroid backup and try. In worst case you have to restore your backup ;)

sebsch1991 i love u!
please please pleaasee return CRT-OFF Animation and Disable BEEP when adjusting Volume to mi2s
or just tell me how to do it, (if it possible for regular user)
thanks!

sebsch1991 i love u!
please please pleaasee return CRT-OFF Animation and Disable BEEP when adjusting Volume to mi2s
or just tell me how to do it, (if it possible for regular user)
thanks!
I'm on wiui v5 and I don't know if Lollipop has got the same structure, but you can try this:

with a root-explorer surf to the media-folder, and then the ui-folder, find the beep-sound and rename or delete it, that should disable it.

uploadfromtaptalk1429685058990.png

I don't know what Transfer should do, because it always crashed on me immediately as I opened it. Since this last update (5.4.17), also DualBootSwitch does.

I don't know what Transfer should do, because it always crashed on me immediately as I opened it. Since this last update (5.4.17), also DualBootSwitch does.
You should do a full wipe on next install..

Unfortunately there was some problems when switching from KK to Android L.
Now all Bugs are fixed and a clean install should fix all your problems.

Please always post which device you are using. I think youre having a Mi2.
I personally didnt try it yet, but there is some users saying that TDB still works with the Android L Version.

Do a Nandroid backup and try. In worst case you have to restore your backup ;)[/quote
mi2s here thanks Seb

I have found that problems with wifi are resolved only if you turn off the Bluetooth
Had the same problem and that really worked!
ROM: 5.3.20
Will tell you if the current release has the same issue.

//edit: seems to work all right with a full wiped 5.4.17 ROM

Last edited:
Can you help me ?
I can't find any devices bluetooth
Same here, can't pair with my watch :( (it does not appear anywhere, as well as my MiBand)
Bluetooth unlock with Mi Band works though...

Initiating a connection from the watch fails as well: No descovery of my phone eventhough it is enabled
//edit:
Also, MiFit Force closes all the time, it is unusable for me...

Last edited:
Hello
I have updated to the 5.4.17 which is Android 5 and i have noticed that the notification LED is brighter than normal, the Vibration is stronger and the audio volume is louder as the original miui audio settings in 4.4 . Are the 3 things a Problem and can destroy the phone?

Sry for Bad English
No, they will just drain the battery faster. Also I don't know how to reduce those settings. I recognized it as well

Someone has an idea?

Guys... Does anyone know if module "immersed status bar for miui 6" works?

Sent from Xiaomi Mi-6w ( the "w" is for winter not for wonder)...with tapatalk 26°

Bad news for all ARIES ( Mi2/s ) Users ...

Xiaomi did some major changes again. People who flashed xiaomi.eu build might have noticed it already...
These changes will cause the phone not to boot while having a custom recovery like CWM installed.

In previous Android L Versins we could fix that with a pretty easy workaround, so you didnt notice anything .. That "workaround" doesnt work anymore for the upcoming Version 5.4.24.

Means that you will be able to install 5.4.24 with AROMA, but after that you will have Stock Mi-Recovery and all other future version have to be flashed with "Normal"-Version ... no more AROMA ..thanks xiaomi..

As for know I dont know if its a bug or if they did it on purpose.

Xiaomi did some major changes again. People who flashed xiaomi.eu build might have noticed it already...
These changes will cause the phone not to boot while having a custom recovery like CWM installed.

In previous Android L Versins we could fix that with a pretty easy workaround, so you didnt notice anything .. That "workaround" doesnt work anymore for the upcoming Version 5.4.24.

Means that you will be able to install 5.4.24 with AROMA, but after that you will have Stock Mi-Recovery and all other future version have to be flashed with "Normal"-Version ... no more AROMA ..thanks xiaomi..

that's sad :(
I've always found aroma really useful for its features and to leave the device free of some apps I don't use (browser, mail)

One could just flash TWR/CWR recovery over again, then flash custom rom as usual?
It would be just a additional step, wouldn't it?

One could just flash TWR/CWR recovery over again, then flash custom rom as usual?
It would be just a additional step, wouldn't it?
You would have to boot to fastboot mode.. flash aboot (eemc_appsboot.mbn) from 5.4.17 and cwm recovery ..
then boot to cwm and flash sMiUI AROMA ..ye that would work but thats a mess ...

You would have to boot to fastboot mode.. flash aboot (eemc_appsboot.mbn) from 5.4.17 and cwm recovery ..
then boot to cwm and flash sMiUI AROMA ..ye that would work but thats a mess ...
Still, not perfect, but a small price to pay for customization.
I would just like to ask you to describe the installation process change in the OT, although not required for THIS particular update. Like you said, in the following ones, starting 5.5.1.
Whenever you can, no rush.