[rom]-- Smiui Rom -- Ultimate Custom Rom --[multilang,stable/weekly]

I tried to update my mi2s using the Updater app, but that didnt work, so I used the normal MiRecovery method. Not sure what the deal is, but now its stuck at the boot screenat the mi logo. I tried booting into System 1 and System 2, same behavior. I'll try to update it again. Not sure what else I can try?
Whats your ROM ID ? When did you download the ROM ?

I tried to update my mi2s using the Updater app, but that didnt work, so I used the normal MiRecovery method. Not sure what the deal is, but now its stuck at the boot screenat the mi logo. I tried booting into System 1 and System 2, same behavior. I'll try to update it again. Not sure what else I can try?
This is a bug in ROM for mi2s...the solution is to update via custom recovery, follow this guide http://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/...nstall-a-custom-recovery-on-miui-v6-v7.28465/ and install ROM via twrp, I had the same problem..

This is a bug in ROM for mi2s...the solution is to update via custom recovery, follow this guide http://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/...nstall-a-custom-recovery-on-miui-v6-v7.28465/ and install ROM via twrp, I had the same problem..

Is TWRP stable enough on mi2s now? So I've tried to install the update.zip a few times, tried rebooting to both System 1 and System 2, same frozen mi logo. Is TWRP the only solution to this? If so, I'll have to try to fix this when I'm back at home tonight (my work PC is a Mac, I'm too chicken to try this via Virtualbox lol).

Is TWRP stable enough on mi2s now? So I've tried to install the update.zip a few times, tried rebooting to both System 1 and System 2, same frozen mi logo. Is TWRP the only solution to this? If so, I'll have to try to fix this when I'm back at home tonight (my work PC is a Mac, I'm too chicken to try this via Virtualbox lol).
for me it was the only solution to solve the problem, TWRP is ok.

I have this fc in 15.9.24and9.17 . found it on mi2s.

Attachments

• Screenshot_com.miui.home_2015-09-28-21-48-07.png
    Screenshot_com.miui.home_2015-09-28-21-48-07.png
    281.8 KB · Views: 275
for me it was the only solution to solve the problem, TWRP is ok.

This is the first time I'm using TWRP... excuse me for asking stupid questions! I tried using CWM, and it couldn't mount the sdcard, so that's why I went TWRP.

When I try to install the update.zip again using TWRP, it says:

mount: failed to mount /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/userdata at /data: Device or resource busy

I'm assuming I need to do something before?
Looks like I'm just impatient, I thought the process had failed due to this message. The boot process continued and I rebooted, and sMiUI is installed properly. This was a bit of a hairy experience lol. Thanks @desper !

FWIW, adb/fastboot via Mac works fine too :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Addamas
i think GPS country improvement is not working as it shuld, since its been a nightmare with last releases. how can i check if this is the problem? thanks

This is the first time I'm using TWRP... excuse me for asking stupid questions!

mount: failed to mount /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/userdata at /data: Device or resource busy

I'm not an expert, but when I got the same error message I just waited some minute and it completed the installation succesfully

Finally I had time to update to last version, well... it seems to be more stable for me, apps less time relaunch when set in background, interface works a bit better :p

However I had to manually delete Xiaomi Account, Framework because even when I removed it in cook it was in rom after an update. H183MV

Everything is ok, I hope battery will be as good as in 5.9.17, because with my tweaks with Kernel Adiutor (4x 1.2 GHz CPU ondemand, hotplug off, scaling off + 200 Mhz GPU + entropy 256/256) I had aprox 7,5 h SoT with 2g data all the time, and GPS (geocaching FTW! ) for 4h. Which is excellent for me :)

Mi2s with 3000mAh battery onboard

Hey guys

could some with an Andriod 5.0 device ( aries , leo , hermes ,ferrari ) please upload his sMiUI Boot Log here ?

You can find it at /sdcard/MIUI/sMiUI_boot.log

thx for your help
mine is empty mi2s

Attachments

• sMiUI_boot.txt
    0 bytes · Views: 280
This is the first time I'm using TWRP... excuse me for asking stupid questions! I tried using CWM, and it couldn't mount the sdcard, so that's why I went TWRP.

Looks like I'm just impatient, I thought the process had failed due to this message. The boot process continued and I rebooted, and sMiUI is installed properly. This was a bit of a hairy experience lol. Thanks @desper !

FWIW, adb/fastboot via Mac works fine too :)

Had the same issue, too. Sometimes just waiting solves a problem...:)

at the beginning tried to update to 5.9.24 from mirecovery... stucks on milogo... then installed twrp... it worked

I tried to update my mi2s using MiRecovery . Now at the boot i have the mi logo, so I have boot into System 2 with miui 5.9.24 and work fine.
I have try to install sMiUI_v7_aries_5.9.24_P1FJZF.zip
Sorry for my bad English!

Inviato dal mio MI 2S utilizzando Tapatalk

Can you please reboot your device and then look at your empty sMiUI boot log and tell me the timestamp ? What time that empty file has been created..
Just in the moment you booted the device or is it older ?
is older then reboot device time. I thing time is the first boot after flashing the rom.