[rom]-- Smiui Rom -- Ultimate Custom Rom --[multilang,stable/weekly]

ok .. so your device is a Mi2 ?
do you have a custom recovery (cwm, twrp) or stock mi-recovery ?
do you have smiui installed on system1 and system2 ?
how did you install smiui ?
device mi2s, now with twrp, before was mirecovery. after flashing update 5.9.24 it stucks on milogo. after that installed twrp and another clean install with all wipes.
now i dont know in what system am i, couse in twrp dont see when i press reboot in what system can i reboot. most likely i in system 1.

In order to fix some of the latest problems with bootloops and empty sMiUI-logfiles I need help of some users again.
I need users with Leo , Hermes , Ferrari or Aries (MiNote Pro, RedmiNote2 , Mi4i or Mi2s) devices:
-You are on latest sMiUI 5.9.24
-You know something about SSH Connections.
-You are able to install and run a SSH server on your phone
-You are able to forward that SSH Port in your router

I will connect to your phone and check some things to make sure sMiUI is designed well for your devicetype.

Please send me PM if you fit the profile and agree to help.

Thanks guys.

ALTERNATIVE: Someone from germany can lend me one of the devices stated above for a couple of hours. I´m living around Mainz.

In order to fix some of the latest problems with bootloops and empty sMiUI-logfiles I need help of some users again.
I need users with Leo , Hermes , Ferrari or Aries (MiNote Pro, RedmiNote2 , Mi4i or Mi2s) devices:

I will connect to your phone and check some things to make sure sMiUI is designed well for your devicetype.

Thanks guys.

ALTERNATIVE: Someone from germany can lend me one of the devices stated above for a couple of hours. I´m living around Mainz.
I'll study a little bit about SSH this evening, I'll inform you when I'm ready.
BTW thanks a lot for the support

Inviato dal mio MI 2S utilizzando Tapatalk

Hi,

I have a problem with the site "http://www.smiui.net/" :

Connection failed: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)

EDIT : it's ok THX ! :)

Last edited:
Can anyone help me to flash TWRP Recovery on MI2? I cant get it working with fastboot :/ Anyone have a guide for it? :)

edit: found a guide, thanks to you :D

Last edited:

Thanks guys.

Mi2s user here. I'll send you a PM.

I've already configured and tested the SSH, it's working from outside.

Reactions: sebsch1991
Anybody with Mi2s who experienced random shutdowns (with any version of sMIUI). I got this phenomenon approx. once every 2 days...

Hi,

thanks for your job, I have a Redmi Note 2; please can you add on in your ROM gesture fuctions, double tap for wake up and watch viewer on home screen when close flip cover? Thanks

Best Regards

Anybody with Mi2s who experienced random shutdowns (with any version of sMIUI). I got this phenomenon approx. once every 2 days...

I got random restart with sMIUI 5.9.27 too.
I finally fixed it with following steps.
1. Make a sMIUI 5.9.27 ROM (uncheck all MODs.)
2. Install TWRP
3. Wipe cache and install new ROM via TWRP

Thanks to everybody answering my "shutdown" question! If clearing the cache while updating via MI recovery is strongly recommended, maybe sebsch could add this remark in the kitchen how to...

Last edited:
I have a problem with tom tom mobile with miui 7, can anyone help?

the application is closed abnormally

I think most of the Problems on Mi2 are related to messed up custom recoveries, different system1 and system2 configurations, different bootimages on boot1 and boot2.

I recommend the following for Mi2 Users:
-Download and install sMiUI via default mi-recovery on System1 , reboot to recovery again and install the same sMiUI on System2 , now reboot - should work!
-Alternative: Use TWRP to install latest sMiUI. @nightmike had no problems with that method.

--> wiping cache before flashing is always a good idea.

Due to chinese holidays we will get no update this week. I made some changes to the 5.9.24 of last week and uploaded it to the kitchen. This weeks Version is called 5.9.30 , you can find the changelog in Post#2 .

Have fun and please report any problems with aries installation.

(builds are currently uploading, if you dont see 5.9.30 for your device - please wait 10 minutes and check again)

Just to understand and verify:

When I install a new ROM with MI recovery the existing ROM is automatically pushed to either System1 or System2 dpending on the last flash, correct? If so, installing a new ROM onto both systems means there is no chance to go back. Correct as well?

Just to understand and verify:

When I install a new ROM with MI recovery the existing ROM is automatically pushed to either System1 or System2 dpending on the last flash, correct? If so, installing a new ROM onto both systems means there is no chance to go back. Correct as well?
Correct , if you want to be sure, try the TWRP method first.