[rom]-- Smiui Rom -- Ultimate Custom Rom --[multilang,stable/weekly]

I don't use SMS app and it's disabled but when I tried to open it just to check something, opening any conversation causes FC of this app.
Maybe it's related to Unicode mod

Xiaomi Mi2S with sMIUI

I think you're right, because I've not Unicode mod and SMS it works fine.

OT:
Please, anyone can help me with ROOT problem on MiPad 2?
Post #5684

Inviato dal mio Mi2s utilizzando Tapatalk

When I tried to create a kenzo ROM (Redmi Note 3 Pro) I got an error when flashing (tried 2 different combinations of customisations). Specifically the error was :

failed getprop(/data/kitchen/mods.prop) not found

Anyone else have problems with the Kenzo variant of this custom ROM?

Thanks

Yes. I have the same problem!

Reactions: sebsch1991
Can anyone help ?!

I need a sMIUI 5.11.5 WITHOUT Xylon Effect.
Who share link?!

Mi4 + sMIUI 5.11.5 + Tapatalk

"Maybe it's related to Unicode mod"

I agree with this assumption.
Otherwise there would be more people reporting problems. Although the mms.apk is the same as in xiaomi.eu-Roms, nobody is reporting this problem there. Also no bug-reports on en.miui.com

:) very nice to see people trying to cook rom every 30 seconds...the same rom :)
it doesn't work? we need to wait!!

yes indeed, everybody is downloading, because of Sebsch' urgent security warning.

Still I'm curious: what security issues did you fix Sebsch?

Sent from my MI 2SC using Tapatalk

Which mms.apk should be working?
I had checked the Unicode mod, not sure if it is the culprit, but can't cook another rom right now...
Or is there no fix at this moment?

Sorry guys, kitchen had some problems. I fixed it!

Sorry for the downtime :/
Sorry but I get this message on your website:
Forbidden

You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Thanks for your work!

Gesendet von meinem MI 4W mit Tapatalk

With the performance fixes in 6.3.24, do we still need to apply custom thermal engine config / governor tweaks?
When using your own thermal / governor / whatever - config you will overwrite smiui tweaks. If you feel that it improves your device, you should do it.

Please share your config to other users, when enough can confirm your improvements I will add it for this device.

Reactions: BoJack
So I noticed since a few versions back (6.3.3 I think?) that ads aren't being blocked anymore. I looked at my /etc folder and found that there's no hosts file, but there's a "ghosts" file with contents that look like a hosts file. I then pasted another hosts file in the folder, rebooted, and checked again to see ads still aren't being blocked. I found that in the /etc folder, my new hosts file has been renamed into the ghosts file!

Only then did I check the ROM and found the hosts file there is actually the original (25 bytes size). So it seems how ads are blocked in SMIUI isn't the same as it used to be? It would be helpful if somebody can explain... or any suggestions on how to block ads in 6.3.24 cancro. Thank you.

Do somebody have problems installing V4A (Viper4Android) on Mi4 since MIUI v7 under Android M?

I finally made my way to enable Viper4Android on Mi4 in 6.0.1. It's all related to SELinux behavior. Changing it from Enforcing to Permissive resolve the problem! I use this app to change SELinux http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2524485

Hope it'll help some people here

Envoyé de mon MI 4LTE en utilisant Tapatalk

So I noticed since a few versions back (6.3.3 I think?) that ads aren't being blocked anymore. I looked at my /etc folder and found that there's no hosts file, but there's a "ghosts" file with contents that look like a hosts file. I then pasted another hosts file in the folder, rebooted, and checked again to see ads still aren't being blocked. I found that in the /etc folder, my new hosts file has been renamed into the ghosts file!

Only then did I check the ROM and found the hosts file there is actually the original (25 bytes size). So it seems how ads are blocked in SMIUI isn't the same as it used to be? It would be helpful if somebody can explain... or any suggestions on how to block ads in 6.3.24 cancro. Thank you.
If you know how Xposed works you can install it and use MinMinGuard, which is a very powerful adblocker. It can even block ads on applications and fill the gaps so you don't have a black box instead.

Edit : you can find more here http://en.miui.com/thread-78894-1-1.html

If you are on Cancro MIUI v7 6.0.1 then install the correct version of Xposed, should be xposed-v78-sdk23-arm-MIUI

Envoyé de mon MI 4LTE en utilisant Tapatalk

Last edited:
Sorry to bother. I can't download. It says:
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access blablabla on this server.

Any suggestion?

Play store stopped working when trying to tap on "Description" or "What's New" but apps are installing. Using 6.3.24 on Redmi Notre 2.

Hey guys,

I have found and fixed some problems about performance and security !!
Flashing to latest stable versions or 5.3.24 is highly recommended !!

I have removed all previous versions from the kitchen. Current builds are being created and should finish soon!

Have a nice weekend :)

@sebsch1991 , you have missed my questions:

can you explain about the security issues that you have fixed ?

What exactly is the security risk with using previous versions ¿?

Sent from my MI 2SC using Tapatalk