Root Breaks Official Rom

buttonjammer

Members
Feb 6, 2017
I've installed the official xiaomi.eu rom (version 7.1.20, also tried 7.1.5) and no matter how I install SuperSU 2.76 (flash with system, after rebooting system, redownloaded system rom and supersu zip multiple times) the rom breaks whenever I do it.

I'm using TWRP 3.0.2-3 and stock kernel if this has any significance. Bootloader is unlocked.

How does it break?
The sim card becomes undetected for a while, with slot 2 having no imei but slot 1 keeping the correct one. After a while the phone supposedly gets signal however data connection still refuses to work.

Auto brightness ramps up to full brightness no matter what.

The whole system becomes extremely laggy and miui complains about not being able to verify the device with imei, mac address, etc. Using the 7.1.5 rom I couldn't even connect to WiFi.

Please help me. I've tried all sorts of methods including using QPST to flash the correct imei file but none of it works. Is 2.76 the wrong version of SuperSU? Can I not flash it using TWRP? Do I need a different kernel?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and I'd be really, really, amazingly grateful because I'm desperate to use this rom with root! Thank you.

This has been commented a number of times on these forums and elsewhere; to be able to use root with Nougat MIUI, you must use SuperSU 2.79.

This has been commented a number of times on these forums and elsewhere; to be able to use root with Nougat MIUI, you must use SuperSU 2.79.

Oh okay, I have tried quite a lot of searching but I never found anything saying that :(

Thank you.