Rooted but can't write to /system

Nilz

Members
Jul 1, 2014
I've got my Mi3 today and I am setting it up. However, I am having trouble getting access to the /system folder. The app Gsam battery monitor needs to have its root companion app installed in /system/priv-apps/ When I try to move it via the app itself it fails, when I try to move it myself, it fails as well and even when trying to convert it to a system app via Titanium Backup it says there's not enough room on the system partition. I am on the latest multilang. How can I get write access to /system? I can grant root rights just fine, as Titanium Backup works great otherwise.

You must mount /system partition in rw mode. Put "su" and than "mount -o remount,rw /system" into Terminal Emulator.
Or, you can use some file manager which can write to /system partition. I recommend X-Plore File Manager.

Easiest way is download app call "RW Mount System" from Play store and mount system as RW before you edit or move something into system.

Doing it via terminal is nicer ;-) But the truth is, that I didn't know about this app.

Thanks both of you. Sorry for the late reply, but I've never encountered this again after updating it to last weeks weekly.