RuStore support

drizt72

Members
Aug 10, 2023
Hello. There is RuStore official Russian application store. Problem it that it not integrated with xiomi.eu rom and need to approve each actions to install or update application in system apk installer. So It's possible to add RuStore to some white list to avoid this problem? I use Xiaomi MIX4 with 14.0.6.0 xiaomi.eu. Today I decompile
miui-services.jar and find in com/android/server/pm/MiuiDefaultPermissionGrantPolicy.class such lines

Java:
public static final String[] MIUI_SYSTEM_APPS = {"com.android.bips", "com.android.fileexplorer", "com.android.calendar", "com.android.browser", "com.android.camera", "com.android.mms", "com.xiaomi.xmsf", "com.android.quicksearchbox", "com.miui.home", "com.miui.securityadd", "com.miui.guardprovider", "com.android.providers.downloads", "com.android.providers.downloads.ui", "com.miui.cloudservice", INCALL_UI, "com.xiaomi.account", "com.android.contacts", "com.miui.cloudbackup", "com.xiaomi.payment", "com.miui.gallery", "com.miui.analytics", "com.miui.systemAdSolution", "com.xiaomi.metoknlp", "com.android.htmlviewer", "com.xiaomi.simactivate.service", "com.miui.extraphoto", "com.miui.packageinstaller", "com.miui.hybrid", "com.miui.voiceassist", "com.miui.mishare.connectivity", "com.miui.dmregservice", "com.miui.video", "com.miui.player", "com.xiaomi.market", "com.xiaomi.gamecenter.sdk.service", "com.mipay.wallet", "com.miui.tsmclient", "com.miui.yellowpage", "com.xiaomi.mircs", "com.milink.service", "com.miui.smsextra", "com.miui.contentextension", "com.miui.personalassistant", "com.miui.greenguard", "com.mobiletools.systemhelper", "com.miui.fm", "com.xiaomi.miplay_client", "com.miui.accessibility"};

I think need to add to this array ru.vk.store and recompile it back. But now I don't know how to do this. It requires some more work to check it. Also I tried to replcase some existing app name with ru.vk.store but no suitable string with the same string length. So I can't just replace symbols in hex editor. Maybe it's possible to cut some longer string but again. I don't know how to do this. I want to do this only for test purposes to check my idea and then make a patch and ask here to apply to rom. So I need a help with integrating ru.vk.store with xiaomi.eu ROM.

• Angry
Reactions: Bec de Xorbin
Do not attack other countries..
I completely understand that, as developers, you may not want to engage in this due to the uncertainty around the app's security. But this argument is simply nonsense. Why would an app be insecure just because the country where this app is developed is at war? If the war would stop, would the app suddenly became secure ? Sorry, but that's a complete invalid argument.

Your argument sounds as if all Russians are responsible for the war and supportive of it, which is definitely not the case. It's not my intend to pointless argue around, your ROM is great and I'm very thankful for it, and you definitely deserve respect.

A part of the war is fought online by hackers. Even without taking sides, it is still a good reason to not trust blindly an application on the behalf of all Xiaomi.eu users.
Of course, I'm not asserting that this app is secure. I completely understand the intention to avoid that. However, I find the argument "do not attack other countries" somewhat perplexing. It sounds as if all Russians are endorsing the war, which, as I mentioned, is not the case. Seems like lumping everyone together and portraying all Russians as baddies, which is not very polite toward @drizt72

I sure developpers must write code and make soft. This place not about poltitic. I sure here people should solve technical not politic questions and that's all.

A part of the war is fought online by hackers. Even without taking sides, it is still a good reason to not trust blindly an application on the behalf of all Xiaomi.eu users.
The same may be applied to any other similar application. Google Play for example.

Last edited:
Reactions: ƬΉΣ ƧYƧƬΣM
The developers of xiaomi.eu can decide what will be added and what won't. Even if it was a trusted app they don't have to add it. In the end, it's theirs custom ROM.

Reactions: ingbrzy
But it is an app made by Xiaomi, the goal of xiaomi.eu is to not have any bloatware and only implement features that would benefit every user, not just some regions. You could always root the phone and write a simple magisk module that allows this.

Just for fun. I ask of ChatGPT about MIUI_SYSTEM_APPS. He drop these value from array.

From this list choose values which are not suitable for MIUI_SYSTEM_APPS

• "com.android.bips"
  • "com.android.fileexplorer"
  • "com.android.calendar"
  • "com.android.browser"
  • "com.android.camera"
  • "com.android.mms"
  • "com.android.quicksearchbox"
  • "com.android.providers.downloads"
  • "com.android.providers.downloads.ui"
  • "com.miui.cloudservice"
  • "com.xiaomi.account"
  • "com.android.contacts"
  • "com.xiaomi.payment"
  • "com.miui.analytics"
  • "com.miui.systemAdSolution"
  • "com.xiaomi.metoknlp"
  • "com.android.htmlviewer"
  • "com.xiaomi.simactivate.service"
  • "com.miui.extraphoto"
  • "com.miui.packageinstaller"
  • "com.miui.hybrid"
  • "com.miui.voiceassist"
  • "com.miui.mishare.connectivity"
  • "com.miui.dmregservice"
  • "com.miui.video"
  • "com.xiaomi.market"
  • "com.xiaomi.gamecenter.sdk.service"
  • "com.mipay.wallet"
  • "com.miui.tsmclient"
  • "com.miui.yellowpage"
  • "com.xiaomi.mircs"
  • "com.milink.service"
  • "com.miui.smsextra"
  • "com.miui.contentextension"
  • "com.miui.personalassistant"
  • "com.miui.greenguard"
  • "com.mobiletools.systemhelper"
  • "com.miui.fm"
  • "com.xiaomi.miplay_client"
  • "com.miui.accessibility"

But it is an app made by Xiaomi, the goal of xiaomi.eu is to not have any bloatware and only implement features that would benefit every user, not just some regions. You could always root the phone and write a simple magisk module that allows this.
I use magisk to simplify updating process. I disabled MiuPackageInstaller.apk and now use GooglePackageInstaller. Now I do only one tap instead of two when updating app. But I want only tap single button Update all without any extra question. I don't know how simple magisk module allow me to resolve this issue. Yes I know that I can put RuStore.apk to /system/product/priv-app. But it's not enough. I suggest need to modify MIUI_SYSTEM_APPS and own value to this array. I tried just change real string in .class file but no string the same length as ru.vk.store and I can only break .class file. I can decompile this file with jadx but then I need to recompile it in .class file againt. Here I stuck.

Just for fun. I ask of ChatGPT about MIUI_SYSTEM_APPS. He drop these value from array.

From this list choose values which are not suitable for MIUI_SYSTEM_APPS

• "com.android.bips"
  • "com.android.fileexplorer"
  • "com.android.calendar"
  • "com.android.browser"
  • "com.android.camera"
  • "com.android.mms"
  • "com.android.quicksearchbox"
  • "com.android.providers.downloads"
  • "com.android.providers.downloads.ui"
  • "com.miui.cloudservice"
  • "com.xiaomi.account"
  • "com.android.contacts"
  • "com.xiaomi.payment"
  • "com.miui.analytics"
  • "com.miui.systemAdSolution"
  • "com.xiaomi.metoknlp"
  • "com.android.htmlviewer"
  • "com.xiaomi.simactivate.service"
  • "com.miui.extraphoto"
  • "com.miui.packageinstaller"
  • "com.miui.hybrid"
  • "com.miui.voiceassist"
  • "com.miui.mishare.connectivity"
  • "com.miui.dmregservice"
  • "com.miui.video"
  • "com.xiaomi.market"
  • "com.xiaomi.gamecenter.sdk.service"
  • "com.mipay.wallet"
  • "com.miui.tsmclient"
  • "com.miui.yellowpage"
  • "com.xiaomi.mircs"
  • "com.milink.service"
  • "com.miui.smsextra"
  • "com.miui.contentextension"
  • "com.miui.personalassistant"
  • "com.miui.greenguard"
  • "com.mobiletools.systemhelper"
  • "com.miui.fm"
  • "com.xiaomi.miplay_client"
  • "com.miui.accessibility"
So you are telling us that stuff like Xiaomi Account, Xiaomi Cloud, Package installer etc. shouldn't be MIUI system apps. Also AI like ChatGPT gets coding wrong almost every time so I wouldn't be counting on him.

Not to mention that the array you're showing us is literally called "MIUI_SYSTEM_APPS", and your app is neither an MIUI app, nor a system app.
I'm writing this just to clarify (since you quoted me in your post), I agree exactly with @Schwarzzu and you guys that the ROM should remain clean, and not everyone should be asking whether certain apps can be implemented. Where would that lead us? The only thing that bothered me was the way @ingbrzy expressed it, which I don't find appropriate, but that's getting into politics again, so it doesn't really matter. Wishing everyone a pleasant evening! And thank you very much for the ROM!

Reactions: MeiGuddet
I'm writing this just to clarify (since you quoted me in your post), I agree exactly with @Schwarzzu and you guys that the ROM should remain clean, and not everyone should be asking whether certain apps can be implemented. Where would that lead us? The only thing that bothered me was the way @ingbrzy expressed it, which I don't find appropriate, but that's getting into politics again, so it doesn't really matter. Wishing everyone a pleasant evening! And thank you very much for the ROM!
Yeah he shouldn't have expressed it that way but I get him. Being in Slovakia (I am also there) and having a neighboring country attacked, Russia saying that every ex-Soviet country belongs to them and we should be reunified. Saying that Slovakia will be next. I get the hate but yeah he shouldn't have done it. Not all Russians are bad Russians.

Reactions: ƬΉΣ ƧYƧƬΣM
Yeah he shouldn't have expressed it that way but I get him. Being in Slovakia (I am also there) and having a neighboring country attacked, Russia saying that every ex-Soviet country belongs to them and we should be reunified. Saying that Slovakia will be next. I get the hate but yeah he shouldn't have done it. Not all Russians are bad Russians.
Yeah, I understand your perspective and agree in some points with you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Spookie