SafetyNet Failed - Mi10 Ultra 20.9.24

patryn

Members
Aug 24, 2016
Hi. I recently received the mi 10 ultra, and I followed the steps in the tutorial, installing the fastboot 20.9.3 rom, and then updating by TWRP to 20.9.24. At this point the installation went into a loop (not the fastboot loop), but rebooting the phone seemed to have finished fine.
The point is, Google Pay was working fine at this point, but I was having trouble syncing GMail and calendar accounts. So I tried to reinstall 9.20.24 and from here I fixed the GMail problems but Google Pay has not worked again. I have tried deleting the data / data / ... gms folders and all the steps I could find by searching but I can't get Google Pay working again.
I also tried to start from scratch from 20.9.3, but it has not worked either

Any help is welcome. Thank you.

Attachments

• 1602078466124.png
    1602078466124.png
    312 bytes · Views: 362
I installed eu12 stable ROM. Failed safetynet and I did the following to rectify googlepay:
1: root, Twrp, magisk
2: download module 'magiskhide prop config' to install certified fingerprint and force basic integrity test, this will pass CTS profile and safetynet
3: install another magisk module Gpay SQLite fix
Done.

Reactions: Poney70
I installed eu12 stable ROM. Failed safetynet and I did the following to rectify googlepay:
2: download module 'magiskhide prop config' to install certified fingerprint and force basic integrity test, this will pass CTS profile and safetynet
Done.
Thank you but I would prefer not to root my phone if it is possible. One of the eu rom features is precisely that it passes the safetynet test.

It would be better If I can solve it by touching/deleting a file on the phone or waiting for a rom that corrects the bug.

Thank you but I would prefer not to root my phone if it is possible. One of the eu rom features is precisely that it passes the safetynet test.

It would be better If I can solve it by touching/deleting a file on the phone or waiting for a rom that corrects the bug.
Correct me if I’m wrong. You must have already ‘rooted’ your phone to have root access in order to install custom rom. Installing extra softwares ain’t gonna change that.

Correct me if I’m wrong. You must have already ‘rooted’ your phone to have root access in order to install custom rom. Installing extra softwares ain’t gonna change that.
Maybe I'm wrong, and the eu rom is already 'rooted', but the only thing I have done is unlock the phone in order to install that rom. I though they were different things.

Maybe I'm wrong, and the eu rom is already 'rooted', but the only thing I have done is unlock the phone in order to install that rom. I though they were different things.
Rooted meaning you have root access so you can do more than allowed by manufacture or google. If you want google pay to work, a couple more softwares will solve the problem

Done.

I've not purchased the Mi 10 Ultra yet based on wanting/needing Gpay to work. Do these instructions work 100% on the eu rom to get Gpay working?

When I finally get mine which version of the eu rom do you recommend I instal for stability, nightlies or weeklies?
I’ve opted for the stable version assuming it has the least amount of bugs, so far it’s been pretty solid. Haven’t tried the others myself. Once you have twrp I believe it’s quite easy to flash newer versions.

Reactions: andru8
I’ve opted for the stable version assuming it has the least amount of bugs, so far it’s been pretty solid. Haven’t tried the others myself. Once you have twrp I believe it’s quite easy to flash newer versions.

Thanks for that, is twrp officially available for the phone? I've used it over the last few years and the simplicity in swapping from one rom to another is a breeze.

Thanks, just about to order one from TradingShenzhen, best price I can see is £709 inc postage and no import duty to the UK that's for the 8gb/256 version.

Reactions: Xbrumster
Thanks, just about to order one from ***************, best price I can see is £709 inc postage and no import duty to the UK that's for the 8gb/256 version.
You gonna love it. Top notch screen & charging is lightening fast.