Samsung GS3 weather widget

1982Strand

Members
Apr 2, 2011
Is it possible to get the original samsung weather widget on miui? And how? I tried simply copying the AccuweatherWidget.apk and AccuweatherDaemon.apk to system/app, but that doesnt't work, the widget doesn't show up in the launchcer widgets...

It won't work because it needs twframework to work and tw launcher.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

And what if I got a GS3? I already have the framework..

@ my commodore 64
I don't think u have the framework because miui is based off cyanogen which is aosp not touchwiz. I'm not 100% sure but try installing the tw launcher see if that helps.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

It will work fine because MIUI is based on touchwiz. But it will only work with touchwiz launcher, and depending what uid is needed, you may need to grab the patchrom keys from github and resign the relevant apks.

Edit: also hey Dan, good to see ya again :).

Ok, i tried messing about with it for some time now..
I found that (on the GS3) you can actually copy the relevant apks and the widget will show up in the launcher menu. When you put the widget on the home screen, no weather shows up and in it's settings, you get options to search for your city or find it by gps - although nothing works, it can't find ANY cities either way :(

If i copy the Touchwiz launcher into system/app, it works (when using the right libs too i found out), when you use the touchwiz launcher as homescreen..

So the widget link to the touchwiz launcher is the key here, as the point is i'm not wanting to use the touchwiz launcher on miui :)
But i guess this is also where my attempt to get it to work ends, as i don't know what to do from here.. And i suppose to actually make this work, it needs to be ported, or reverse engineered in a way i'm not capable of :)

But what's needed to port/modify it to make it work??

Too bad though, I think it's the nicest looking/feeling weather+clock widget out there ;)

@Lenny: Yeh, sticking around, can't quite let go of MIUI hehe :) Good to see you too and nice work you're doing on your aussie site!

Try fancy widgets instead. It also has a miui inspired skin, lots of settings and gps and network location ;)

Verstuurd van mijn GT-I9100 met Tapatalk

Unfortunately its the same as the widgets for sense, xperia etc. I've never seen any of them ported to work on all launchers, so its a fair mission. And cheers :)