Screen Locking Randomly After Ncamiek Update

andyteleco

Members
Apr 15, 2014
My phone just updated itself to version 9.2.2.0 (NCAMIEK) and since then it keeps randomly locking the screen while being used. It takes a few seconds until I can unlock it again, it's really annoying.

Anyone else has this issue?

Enviado desde mi MI 6 mediante Tapatalk

Now this is happening every 2 minutes or so. The phone has become completely unusable as I can't even disable the lock screen.

Absolutely no support from Xiaomi, I'm about to dump the phone and the company for good.

Enviado desde mi MI 6 mediante Tapatalk

Xiaomi.eu isn't an official site.
Never had that issue since V8.2.25.0. Right now i'm on xiaomi.eu stable V9.2.4.0.
In case of issues after flashing a new rom - have you done a factory reset?
Maybe worth a try: disable smart cover in settings. Just to be sure it isn't a problem with a flipcover used or magnetized ring on finger ....

Reactions: andyteleco
Xiaomi.eu isn't an official site.
Never had that issue since V8.2.25.0. Right now i'm on xiaomi.eu stable V9.2.4.0.
In case of issues after flashing a new rom - have you done a factory reset?
Maybe worth a try: disable smart cover in settings. Just to be sure it isn't a problem with a flipcover used or magnetized ring on finger ....

Hi, thanks for the reply

I have also contacted the official support and after several tries and hours waiting in a queue all they said is that I should downgrade the ROM. But of course the updater doesn't allow me to do this (older versions are not allowed). This is why I say I'm very disappointed with the support.

I don't want to do a factory reset as I think that's a very poor solution; it will take me an awful lot of time to back everything up and restore it again and I think I shouldn't be doing this it it isn't my fault that the phone isn't behaving as it should.

I don't have a flipcover nor do I wear any rings (and I can't find any smart cover option). I also have to say the last days it seems to be happening less, but it still goes back to the lock screen a couple of times a day.