Resolved Screen Unresponsive and Turns Off Automatically [Mi 9T 21.3.24]

gerryrigs

Members
Mar 5, 2021
So I have this problem where the screen suddenly freezes and I can't do anything about it but to force the phone to restart by holding the power button for 8 seconds, and then also the phone itself goes to blank screen like its turned off everything is not functioning, alarms don't even work like everything is frozen underneath the blank black screen when it is kept in idle mode for a long period of time like when you're sleeping at night, and when I wake up, I can't do anything about it but to force restart the phone to power it on again so that I can use it. I also experience battery draining (red colored part of the graph) on my battery graph because of this happening. Please fix this because I find it so bothersome! Thank you.

And the Widevine L3 problem? Is L1 gone forever ?
I'm still on L1..

Sent from my Mi 9T using Tapatalk

Ha desaparecido la navegación por gestos usando Nova Launcher. ¿será reparado en próximas actualizaciones? Era una utilidad muy interesante y práctica. Respecto a la pantalla congelada o apagado del smartphone, continúa ocurriendo en torno a 3 ó 4 veces al día. He decidido cambiar la tarjeta SIM a otro Smartphone y esperar a que se solucione el error en la ROM del Mi9T. No me puedo permitir el lujo de estar sin línea (se apaga y no me doy cuenta y me deja incomunicado).

Ha desaparecido la navegación por gestos usando Nova Launcher. ¿será reparado en próximas actualizaciones? Era una utilidad muy interesante y práctica. Respecto a la pantalla congelada o apagado del smartphone, continúa ocurriendo en torno a 3 ó 4 veces al día. He decidido cambiar la tarjeta SIM a otro Smartphone y esperar a que se solucione el error en la ROM del Mi9T. No me puedo permitir el lujo de estar sin línea (se apaga y no me doy cuenta y me deja incomunicado).
as far as i know you can still have a gesture navigation on your phone using a third party launcher but the thing is, the full screen indicator (the pill bar on the bottom of the screen) is only available when you're using the default one. but if you're not talking about that and you're saying that the system gesture navigation don't reallly work if you're using a third party launcher, well.. i'm not really sure about that because i just use the default one here on my phone. let's just all wait for the update this week and let's just hope that all of our problems we're facing right now will be fix with that update.

Sent from my Mi 9T using Tapatalk

"persist" partition of your device was flashed/tampered = Widevine L1 certification is lost and no way to get it back...
I had just update from weekly to weekly and noticed the lost of L1 on 21.3.17/18. Going back to eu stable or eea changes nothing. Twrp made an persist backup but this backup could maybe tamperd. After flashing the backup, nothing changed. It's still L3.
I don't get it. Why destroys the 21.3.17/18 update the persist partition?

Is it possible to use a persist backup from another K20 or similar Xiaomi phone?

I noticed that Xiaomi has backups of some partitions and also of the persist partition called persistbak. Is it possible to restore the persistbak to the persist partition?

There is also an persist.img in the official rom like eea tar file. Is this usable to restore L1?

Is started up from scratch and installed first eea ROM and use full wipe and relock. After that is started the phone and boot it up and pass the first installation Wizard.

After everything is done I downloaded the DRM app and it still shows L3.

Then boot to Fastboot and unlocked with mi unlock tool.

Then boot to Fastboot and flashed the latest twrp.
At last I installed the Xiaomi EU ROM but the it's still on L3.

Last edited:
I had just update from weekly to weekly and noticed the lost of L1 on 21.3.17/18. Going back to eu stable or eea changes nothing. Twrp made an persist backup but this backup could maybe tamperd. After flashing the backup, nothing changed. It's still L3.
I don't get it. Why destroys the 21.3.17/18 update the persist partition?

Is it possible to use a persist backup from another K20 or similar Xiaomi phone?
Even if you flash a "good" backup of your persist partition, it will not get Widevine L1 back...
You can do NOTHING... :(

Can you explain what the problem is? For what is the backup or the persistbak good for when it's not possible to restore L1?

Can you explain what the problem is? For what is the backup or the persistbak good for when it's not possible to restore L1?
The persist manage a lot more than L1.
My guess would be that the DRMs detect the fact that the partition have bien modified.

Reactions: Poney70
Okay. I know that this partition is also for sensors or provider signal. But everything is working. I don't know what happened to the persist partition during that update. My device isn't rooted. It's just unlocked for using Xiaomi.eu.