SE with 9.3.28, update?

Gralfitox

Members
Apr 8, 2019
Hi lot of tume off the forum for several reasons. My 8SE is working fine with 9.3.28, but I have just realised the there're a lot of updates, maybe upgrades, do you recommend updating?
If yes, what version do you recommend?

Last time I had to update TWRP, if I have to update ROM, do I have to change TWRP version or 3.2.3-1227 for mi8Sae will do the job?

Thanks in advance and keep the good work.

Personally, I think you should update to the latest version, first version of miui 11. For me at least fixes a lot of problemes I had with miui 10, the latest versions.
If you want to install newer versions of ROM you will need to have at least twrp 3.3.0, I posted the latest twrp version in this thread, you can install it if you want to update: https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/twrp-3-3-1-1001for-mi8se.52494/
Since you did not updated your ROM for so long, you may want to do a factory reset with twrp (wipe/factory reset), otherwise you might get stuck in an infinite loading screen. If you do this you will need to reinstall all your apps and personalize your phone again.

Reactions: Gralfitox
Personally, I think you should update to the latest version, first version of miui 11. For me at least fixes a lot of problemes I had with miui 10, the latest versions.
If you want to install newer versions of ROM you will need to have at least twrp 3.3.0, I posted the latest twrp version in this thread, you can install it if you want to update: https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/twrp-3-3-1-1001for-mi8se.52494/
Since you did not updated your ROM for so long, you may want to do a factory reset with twrp (wipe/factory reset), otherwise you might get stuck in an infinite loading screen. If you do this you will need to reinstall all your apps and personalize your phone again.
Ok so first 11 MIUI vers will go with current TWRP vers?

What makes me think, is to reinstall and reconfigure entire device. I have to thinknit twice, at least

Ok so first 11 MIUI vers will go with current TWRP vers?

What makes me think, is to reinstall and reconfigure entire device. I have to thinknit twice, at least
Yes, miui 11 works with twrp 3.3.0 or above. I will recomand a backup before updating, this way you will recover your apps faster.

Reactions: Gralfitox
Yes, miui 11 works with twrp 3.3.0 or above. I will recomand a backup before updating, this way you will recover your apps faster.
The day someone createsbthe perfect backup so dont have to tweak anything will br a great day. Everyone who uses own device for work purposes knows what I mean.

Anyways, I am still thinking about it.