Setup Wifi Dns

Gr33n C0d3r

Members
Sep 4, 2016
Hello to all MIUIers

My son owns a Redmi 4X (Santoni) and i found that he is visiting XXX sites.
I would like to use a service like OpenDNS to block those sites.
How can i set/change de WiFi DNS of his phone?

Thank you all

Select the network in wlan settings, under IP setting select Static, then change the DNS. This however only changes the selected network (he can use a public to show the XXX).
Personally I would use Adguard dns since it also blocks e.g trackers & ads.

Select the network in wlan settings, under IP setting select Static, then change the DNS. This however only changes the selected network (he can use a public to show the XXX).
Personally I would use Adguard dns since it also blocks e.g trackers & ads.
Tried to do that, but when i long press on active wifi conection the only option that shows up is a QR code for wifi password sharing...

You press the little right-arrow on the network. This will lead you to the network settings.

However, to change DNS, you need to use a static network on the device, which if you don't know much about networks, I wouldn't recommend.

Changing DNS is really something you do on your router to make it network-wide, which OpenDNS has many guides for different models.

As far as kids are concerned, if he is rather into tech, he will work out how to circumvent it. DNS poisoning is not an effective solution of blocking sites, and is amazingly easy to get around with just a simple search on the Internet.

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

You have to press the arrow to get to it
You press the little right-arrow on the network. This will lead you to the network settings.

However, to change DNS, you need to use a static network on the device, which if you don't know much about networks, I wouldn't recommend.

Changing DNS is really something you do on your router to make it network-wide, which OpenDNS has many guides for different models.

As far as kids are concerned, if he is rather into tech, he will work out how to circumvent it. DNS poisoning is not an effective solution of blocking sites, and is amazingly easy to get around with just a simple search on the Internet.

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

Done that, but still not working, when i select 'more options' takes me to settings...
:(