Resolved SGS2 2.4.27 Battery Drain

woodman

Members
Dec 2, 2011
Hi all just a quick query, Since the install of 2.4.27 the battery life for me has deteriorated significantly. When viewed in settings the Android system is the major contributor to battery use where as previously it had been the screen. I'm getting about 6 hours with very moderate use, about 50% of what i got prior to install of last weeks rom. Should i do a full wipe and reinstall the update as i did not do this. Any assistance would be appreciated

Battery on 2.4.27 is horrible.....I've since un-installed as it has essentially made my phone unusable. I love the ROM, but will have to wait for a more optimized version. (Sensation XE)

You might try and download System Tuner Pro (or similar app) and check whether the second core is forced always on (i assume the SGS2 has at least two cores, Iv not actually checked). Ive been ok on this particular rom with my Sensation, but on previous Miui roms have found it stuck always on, which completely kills your battery in no time at all.

Thank for the input, but I have System Tuner Pro and have tried with both settings, in addition to several other settings....because like I said, I like the ROM....but

.....currently I have Insert Coin 5.4.0 w/ Bricked Kernel v1.1 3D/2D O/C and CPU O/C to 1.836 both forced online - badass gov - cfq sched and get easily twice the battery with heavy use compared to MIUI not O/C'd at all, ondemand w/ powersave bias @ 45% and up threshold at 10, no graphics O/C and extremely light use.

There is no comparison...

Cheers

Yes Xiaomi are still hard at work optimising the CORE of V4. So expect lots of updates on this over the coming weeks.

Well im not spreading a certain kernel but i use siyah kernel (extweaks and nstool)
there are lots of kernel (see xda) pick the one you need...
I do some research so i use custom kernel parameter values.. it gives me this :D

PS: manageable kernel that what you need...

vA9yo.png

Fon-Fon, tolong setelan dari ExTweaks dan NSTool bisa di posting disini, aku juga pengen coba saran dari kamu. :cool:

CPU Load_H0 80%, Load_L1 40%, Rate 200 Jiffies, Freq_min 800000khz, Steps 18 (All Available)
GPU 133, 200, 267 with 900 950 1000

Reactions: suhail