[Sily questiion]China-purchased K40S cannot use Andriod Auto because Error 22 shows no pre-installed this app

ZackMi

Members
Dec 28, 2022
Hi Everyone

I am new here, and I purchased K40S in China recently and bring it into overseas use(out of China).

During the setting up, I found it has Basic Google service if you turn on the button, which is impressive. My previous one was Xiao Mi 8, which has no such fuctions

However, I cannot use Andirod Auto as Error 22 that it shows nil pre-installed Auto Andriod as the attachment. Then I found the possible reason that Original ROM was China-based one. Hence, I should change into Global or Eurpean vision ROM. But I just found the ROM in this forum was China-based, https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/miui-13-stable-release.64441/ and nil either Global or Eurpean based ROM

I am quite new here and also my knowledge is enough somehow. Please point out if any wrong about my idea

Many Thanks for viewing and replying this post

Cheers
ZackMI

They are just based off of china rom but it has google services integrated to the rom. AFAIK android Auto should work with it.

Reactions: ZackMi

ZackMi

Xiaomi.eu is not an official ROM from Xiaomi.
Xiaomi.eu ROM is a custom ROM modified by enthusiasts for European users.
It is primarily built on a Chinese base, if there is no Chinese ROM for a given device, a Global ROM is used as the base.
For the end user, it is immaterial on what basis the ROM is built.
Xiaomi.eu ROM has fully functional Google services..

They are just based off of china rom but it has google services integrated to the rom. AFAIK android Auto should work with it.
sorry, i searched google but still wondering what is AFAIK Android Auto? Is it an APP? I cannot find it in the google play store. Many thanks

ZackMi

Xiaomi.eu is not an official ROM from Xiaomi.
Xiaomi.eu ROM is a custom ROM modified by enthusiasts for European users.
It is primarily built on a Chinese base, if there is no Chinese ROM for a given device, a Global ROM is used as the base.
For the end user, it is immaterial on what basis the ROM is built.
Xiaomi.eu ROM has fully functional Google services..
Thanks for your sharing knowledge. But there is a no Global ROM for K40S so far. Therefore, I should wait for it and the Chinese ROM did not pre-install Andriod Auto. Maybe I can try Eu ROM made by Enthusiasts

sorry, i searched google but still wondering what is AFAIK Android Auto? Is it an APP? I cannot find it in the google play store. Many thanks
oh sorry. AFAIK means as far as I know. But as @gogocar62 says. It should work since google services is integrated with the eu rom.

Thanks for your sharing knowledge. But there is a no Global ROM for K40S so far. Therefore, I should wait for it and the Chinese ROM did not pre-install Andriod Auto. Maybe I can try Eu ROM made by Enthusiasts
Do you not understand what I wrote?
There will never be a Global ROM for your model.
Install the xiaomi.eu ROM and you will get working Google services (AndroidAuto, GPay, Netflix, etc.).

Last edited:
oh sorry. AFAIK means as far as I know. But as @gogocar62 says. It should work since google services is integrated with the eu rom.
thank you for your clarification and teaching. but really, it does not work because it is not pre-installed. But still thank you for your help

Do you not understand what I wrote?
There will never be a Global ROM for your model.
Install the xiaomi.eu ROM and you will get working Google services (AndroidAuto, GPay, Netflix, etc.).
Hi Gogocar 62. Thank you for your reply. I start to understand you now. Many thanks for your patience again
Because there is no offical gobal ROM for my K40S. So I should consider to use Xiaomi.eu ROM to replace it. Right?

So I opened the link that you provided me, I understand the difference between fastboot and recovery ROM somehow. I should find the suitable ROM and I preferred stable ROM, and then I continue to click the stable link. At last, I found below maybe suitable for me
xiaomi.eu_multi_MUNCH_V13.2.8.0.TLMCNXM_v13-13-fastboot.zip
because MUNCH is K40S model name. So I should downlowad this. Am I right?

Many thanks again

Yes, it is a ROM for Redmi K40S. It is installed using the fastboot method.

The first thing you need to do is unlock the bootloader and install the necessary drivers on your PC.

Last edited: