Simple, Safe But Effective Rooting App For Redmi Note 2 Prime?

henriq neves

Members
Jan 3, 2016
Greetings,
After a brief overview perusal of thishere Site i stand impressed with the average deep knowledge displayed by Members, even when coping with complex issues (as they are for me, an aged newbe, collecting pertinent informations, surfing here and there, in the sea of confusions one has to tackle before filtering really useful informations...).
As a 3rd age mania i've engaged to understand Android cellphones, hard and softwares, and had several frustrating essays.
Came to conclude that Android version 5.0 was a calamity event: i'm sick and tired of its ignominious 'finickynesses' and
erratic performances. I wound up to love-hate my Xtmas present: a Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 prime (whatever the last term may mean!...). I further realized that in order to overcome my disgust i had to undertake one of only 2 possible therapies: either rooting and re-arrange its functions or, better yet: flashing another Rom (Cianogenmod???; Customed??) -- the 2nd op frightened-frozen me, so i have only the first option. Looked for a reliable app and experienced several i gathered: baidu, Universal Root; Framaroot; Towellroot; iRoot, KingoRoot,KingRoot, One click Root and others i do not care to remember -- they all claim their effectiveness, full of laced jives and hypes, whistles and bells (more or less) but they all shared a common result in the rooting job: THEY ALL FAILED SHAMEFULY.
Even the so-called Rootmi.zip -- to be used with the UPDATER was simply refused and dismissed by my device.
I've used too much space, and too much of some kind soul reading patience, and so i end this post with my tittle query.
Kind regards,
HN

I have had a similar problem.Twrp installs but wont run. Updater 2.01. always starts.

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk

Thank you kindlyfor your feedback qbert -- that same op also looked straithforwarded to me and perfectly feasable to my newbe's tech capacity. BUT -- to make use of a perverse Android 5.x wording: "Unfortunately" Twerp 2.87.zip installs, but when solicited to use it, hopping to input Super su, Recovery 2.0.1 takes over and offers me the sole way out: 'Reboot into system' (!) -- i gather: very much in the line of what stevenchan67, above reports. And my quest remains...
By the way: which (there are several different ones, i think) Super su version do you advise me?
Anyway, thanks for your sent guidelines.
HN

Thank you kindlyfor your feedback qbert -- that same op also looked straithforwarded to me and perfectly feasable to my newbe's tech capacity. BUT -- to make use of a perverse Android 5.x wording: "Unfortunately" Twerp 2.87.zip installs, but when solicited to use it, hopping to input Super su, Recovery 2.0.1 takes over and offers me the sole way out: 'Reboot into system' (!) -- i gather: very much in the line of what stevenchan67, above reports. And my quest remains...
By the way: which (there are several different ones, i think) Super su version do you advise me?
Anyway, thanks for your sent guidelines.
HN
Hi dude... I ask you >WHY install a twrp ? WHY do install SUPER SU ?
MIRECOVERY work perfectly to Update and ROOT permssions you can grant from SECURITY APP.

Use super su installed via twrp recovery

Dear qbert is it better install a TWRP recovery ? I think no... you must install SUPER SU and you can grant root access some crackers and malicious APPs

As far as I know miui developer Roms have root binaries. You can access it from security app> permission>root access. If not, then you can try the PC application named "iroot". If this fails as well then booting into a custom recovery(such as twrp) and flashing the supersu zip is the only way.
You can try the guide mentioned here- http://en.miui.com/forum.php?mod=vi...&filter=typeid&typeid=638&typeid=638&mobile=2
Also may I know what troubles are you facing with the phone?

Sent from my MI 4W using Tapatalk

I have been unable to gain root access using the suggested methods. My phones insists on rebooting into MI Recovery even though it states that the twrp installation was successful in fastboot mode. Does anyone why it insists on loading MI recovery?

Titanium wouldn't work using security app I had to use super su

Thanks bugmenot1.
And yes, you may know about some of the troubles i'm experiencing: selecting and locking the choice of customized ringtones of my own -- it seems to accept but then returns to default (which i dislike); jumps away and dismisses my cmd to run some apps (eg: DSP audio config); disregarding and changing the audio volumes i've previously adjusted; dodging to install some apps like BoostersPlus; refusing to run some apps as Swapps, for instance; uninstalling, on its own, and erasing some apps like 'battery repair.apk', connecting on its own internet connections to mi.com and other targets, of course; and more, more...
but i guess those respond to your kind query, donnt you agree?
Furthermore, MatrixLinux (i'm working now with Black Label, 4.2), i could verify you've flashed Cianogenmod 12.1, i tried
to do the same, but the UPDATER jumped away from the my clicked .zip file (duly placed, accordingly the good rules) and at first skiped to accept until my 3rd attempt or so, then it swallowed the nightly rom and vomited a banner claiming "the file was
"corrupted"! and that was all -- a devious, smart-aleck, android 5.0 gimmick. If only i could downgrade to 4.0.x!... ...
So, hèlas, my query goes on and on...
Thanks for your patience,
H

Titanium wouldn't work using security app I had to use super su

How do you install super su ?
using the updater app gets invalid signature zip message quoted in a few other posts. My phone is running MIU 7 510.16

Thanks bugmenot1.
And yes, you may know about some of the troubles i'm experiencing: selecting and locking the choice of customized ringtones of my own -- it seems to accept but then returns to default (which i dislike); jumps away and dismisses my cmd to run some apps (eg: DSP audio config); disregarding and changing the audio volumes i've previously adjusted; dodging to install some apps like BoostersPlus; refusing to run some apps as Swapps, for instance; uninstalling, on its own, and erasing some apps like 'battery repair.apk', connecting on its own internet connections to mi.com and other targets, of course; and more, more...
Furthermore, MatrixLinux (i'm working now with Black Label, 4.2), i could verify you've flashed Cianogenmod 12.1, i tried
to do the same, but the UPDATER jumped away from the my clicked .zip file (duly placed, accordingly the good rules) and at first skiped to accept until my 3rd attempt or so, then it swallowed the nightly rom and vomited a banner claiming "the file was
"corrupted"! and that was all -- a devious, smart-aleck, android 5.0 gimmick. If only i could downgrade to 4.0.x!... ...
H
On Oneplus One I have Cyanogen 12.1. My REDMI NOTE 2 have recovery MI and ROM XIAOMI:EU

Reactions: Stefano131270
I have been unable to gain root access using the suggested methods. My phones insists on rebooting into MI Recovery even though it states that the twrp installation was successful in fastboot mode. Does anyone why it insists on loading MI recovery?

In recovery mode do you have two systems like system 1 and system 2? If yes, first boot into system 1 and try to flash the twrp recovery.

Thanks bugmenot1.
H
> What versIon of miui are you currently running. I'd advise you to flash the latest global stable Rom and see if your problems are solved.
> Some apps may behave incorrectly due to the permission settings. Try to disable permission manager from the security app and then see if the problems persist with the apps.
>Did you try to flash CM 12.1 through the updater app? Because that well not work as you will need a custom recovery such as twrp or cwm.
> And did the PC application "iroot" work for you?

greetings bugmenot1!
For whatever it may be of good use here goes the information you referred above as a needed clarifying issue:
xiaomi.eu 5.9.24 Beta,
According to an hint i collected from Android Central Fora i ended up to disable (freeze!) 'permissions manager' and this did not change the erratic behaviours of my Redmi Note 2 prime (Why "Prime"? Good grief!) i complained about.
You're probably correct assuming Updater only per se will not flash CM Rom. But my point was, as you can check, that the said custom Recovery mode either is NOT accepted on account of "lack of recognizable file signature" OR: claims of ".zip file corrupted" and stops there.
It seems this is a permanent pitfall scene, (very well prepared by our friends of MiaUI who must be LOL about these reports). since -- as i also posted before -- the attempts to boot into twerp (after one apparently successful twerp2.8.7 flash) leads only to Recovery 2.0.1 and hence to: "Reboot into System".
Finaly i must declare that iRoot, after wheeling and wheeling around for a large ammount of time, declared: «Root succeeded!» BUT when i checked with 'Root check app' the result was "Root is not completely installed". On the opposite way, KingRoot latest version: the recent, much praised, v.4.62, wheels round and round forever -- does not even recognize the device its running on [be informed that past version 4.5 achieved to detect an announce 'Redmi note2]; which is not the case of this last «festival» version 4.62 -- once it does not even detect which is the device in question and, as i was reporting, circles around until it gives up and off, without any kind of explanations.
So bugmenot1, It looks i am in a cul-de-sac (meaning a no-way-out road...): we're surfing in a sea of confusions, wishfull thinking and empty hollow hives and jives, filled with many whistles and bells, and leading to little results, if any at all...
My sincere thanks for your attention anyway,
H

> Try to update to the latest dev Rom.
> That means you can boot into TWRP? If so then why not flash the superSU zip to have root?
>Try a different Rom based on CM 12.1 and flash it with TWRP and see if the problem persists.

The latest dev Rom? More than 900 MB?!... It is a huge time spending effort that most probabvly will end up bringing more personal
frustration! You see, bugmenot1, i only stated that once my dev seemed to accept it BUT when i tried to power in + volume pressed
it went directly to Recovery 2.0.1 and nothing more was allowed but Reboot into System and back to jail again...
I've read hereby some hint guidance referring System1 and System2 -- and the issue was to select Select #2.
I hopefuly essayed this road, nevertheless i could not reach any "System#" tag, much less 1 or 2 choices!
From XDA-Developpers advise i downloaded hours ago a 680 MB Cianogenmod 12.1.zip (they claim prepared to redmi note2
prime (premium hateful for me...) -- and they call it: explosiveandfast20 (!!!??? -- how conceited can they get.) -- and this is going to
be my last Rom flashing attempt -- i'm sick and tired already --probably reaching the status mi Team worked for. If that fails, as i already believe, and brace myself to face it, i'll dedicate sometime more supersu essays (which supersu version? How? Through Updater or trying out a pseudo-flashing manoeuver?).
And if that also fails i'll stop, i'll enter a mourning period, try to erase xiaomi redmi note 2 Prime squeezing its remains out of my memory and see how soon will be able to spend the cost of a 'One Plus 2', a Nexus 6, or something akin...
Meanwhile: kind regards bugmenot1; and my Greetings around to those Members who tried to help in my quest.
H

Just a final statement (1)and a last info solicitation(2):
1. My repeated attempts to flash ended all in one of two scenes: I: /a so-called Main Menu where i have 3 options to choose: 2 oriental alphabeted (or symbolic, should i say?) undecriptable words for me and English: My choice is obvious and this leads me to another box that invites to Reboot into System --> and back to jail i go; II:/ if i press vol up + power i gain access to a mickey-mouse sort of sketch of an animal criature using a soviet fur hat which does not covers its elongated ears and bears a subttitle: «FASTBOOT» -- but whatever i do: press or click, remains there stuck and shows NO action or follow up options except after long minutes of delay, then background scenary changes to the harsh Main Menu i referred above.
I'm disgusted enough: i give up!
LET ME PRESENT MY CONGRATULATIONS TO MIAUIU TEAM THEY DESERVE GOOGLE GUYS' CONGRATS ALSO:
THIS «PrImE» IS RESILIENT TO NEWBEES EFFORTS TO GAIN FREEDOM: REDMI NOTE 2 OBLIGES LESS KNOWLEDGERS, UNCAUTIOUS BUYERS-USERS TO ABIDE TO ITS FINICKY ERRATIC WAYS & ACTIONS!

2. My last info request: PLEASE advise WHICH (as far as i know there are several variants available) SuperSU apk should i try to implemment to enable a normalized OWNER use of Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 'pRiMe'.
I would be sincerely grateful.
Regards,
H
Footnote -- This thread should be copied and paste PUBLICwise in a Facebook special page entittled: The premium pRiMe QuEsT. -=> An enlightening leak, right? Who agrees?

Just a final statement (1)and a last info solicitation(2):
1. My repeated attempts to flash ended all in one of two scenes: I: /a so-called Main Menu where i have 3 options to choose: 2 oriental alphabeted (or symbolic, should i say?) undecriptable words for me and English: My choice is obvious and this leads me to another box that invites to Reboot into System --> and back to jail i go; II:/ if i press vol up + power i gain access to a mickey-mouse sort of sketch of an animal criature using a soviet fur hat which does not covers its elongated ears and bears a subttitle: «FASTBOOT» -- but whatever i do: press or click, remains there stuck and shows NO action or follow up options except after long minutes of delay, then background scenary changes to the harsh Main Menu i referred above.
I'm disgusted enough: i give up!
LET ME PRESENT MY CONGRATULATIONS TO MIAUIU TEAM THEY DESERVE GOOGLE GUYS' CONGRATS ALSO:
THIS «PrImE» IS RESILIENT TO NEWBEES EFFORTS TO GAIN FREEDOM: REDMI NOTE 2 OBLIGES LESS KNOWLEDGERS, UNCAUTIOUS BUYERS-USERS TO ABIDE TO ITS FINICKY ERRATIC WAYS & ACTIONS!

2. My last info request: PLEASE advise WHICH (as far as i know there are several variants available) SuperSU apk should i try to implemment to enable a normalized OWNER use of Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 'pRiMe'.
I would be sincerely grateful.
Regards,
H
Footnote -- This thread should be copied and paste PUBLICwise in a Facebook special page entittled: The premium pRiMe QuEsT. -=> An enlightening leak, right? Who agrees?
> The fast boot is designed like that and it does not have any options in the phone. You need to be in fast boot mode and connect it to your computer with fast boot and adb drivers installed to flash a custom recovery image. Can you tell me the procedure you followed to flash TWRP?
> Use the latest version. You can find it in the play store. Though it won't work if you don't have TWRP or CWM installed.
> Try this link- http://forum.xda-developers.com/red...covery-twrp-2-8-7-materialized-theme-t3286075

Thanks bugmenot1: i'll try it and report back to your eyes only.
I'm now convinced that something is utterly wrong with my device or else...no i'll make a period here.
But i'll just leave you one curious info more: i downloaded an update to MIAUIU from here:https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=...1413b322509791d4d95f15ae9acb44407235700fce7d2 -- an actualization upgrading to 7.x.xxx from the New York server first and
the from the european (Germany) -- applied with the Updater utility and the result to BOTH updating.zips was exactly the same:
UPDATE FAILED -- UPDATE.ZIP ERROR -- just like that! How about this?!! Incredible? Unbelievable? MAY BE but it was as I AM REPORTING HERE.
Taking into account all the experiences i exposed here already and adding these 2 more, i conclude that either my device "Prime" is just
a piece of sh"@%t or some MI people are doing a very disgusting job...
But as i stated i'll get back. Thankz.
H

Hi bugmenot1,
Continuing: I've tried to "flash" through the UPDATER utility, as i wrote before, and results were once again unconclusive because
while CWM.zip generated a Failure banner; TWRP.zip, after some seconds of black out, did not announce any refusing claim and the device rebooted back on its own (and i thought to myself. «Well, thats it! I did it!!!).
Some essays later on i realized that NOTHING had change in fact...Good grief. But the discrepancy of reactions to those attempts: CWM/TWRP should mean something OR is just another example of the inconsistence and erratic mannerisms of 'pRiMe' device?
I'll try the Windows fastboot mode one last time.
However, as reported in another back post, i've long essayed to do and i only reached the end of a road with no way in or out even...
I'll be back.
H

I'm Back again. Ridiculous scene, is n't it?
NO bugmenot1 -- No deal again.
Followed instructions therewith in your advised above link contents. RESULTS:
Seemingly the dev accepted the TWRP update BUT thenafter: Rebooting, power pressed + Volume Up = Main Menu with 2 Chinese
options and 1 : English. Selecting English ==> Reboot OR Wipe OR Power OFF if Reboot = into System OR put update.zip, IF choosing this last: Failure notice! IF not: Power Off. 2nd alternative: Rebooting Power pressed + Volume Down = allways the irritating idiot comic image of the FASTBOOT persuasion -- and that's all: that's a repeating wrap!
This is a lost cause, bugmenot1.

The MIAUIU Team guys are having a ball LOLoud, almost to dead, with my essays like a rat in a trap. PrIMe is a perfect con-
-artists perverse byproduct, i grant them this definition
-- and that is my conclusion, i'm sorry to declare:
BEWARE YOU UNCAUTIOUS BUYERS: YOU'RE ENTERING A HIGH SECURITY JAIL.
I Salute your patience bugmenot1 but enough is enough. To continue would not be "patience", it would be just a disease, i.e.: morbid masochism.
There many other really user-friendly top devices to enjoy.
Accept my best regards and i bid you fairtheewell.
HN (hsneves@outlook.com)
___________________________________________________________________/EOF/______________

Dear Members,
Let me hereby declare: i finally understood! I understood the business-core soul of Xiaomi enterprise; i understood why the lack of effective feedbacks i had to achieve my objective for my device. It is a basic but simple proposal: get them intoxicate themselves with the product we sell and then when their number grows enough to build the second phase of the business -- e.g.. when a lot of them are seeking for remedy, once our product was generated resilient and strong enough to resist the weak and feeble armour they can obtain around...Then... We enter and SELL THEM THE CURE. Is this a fantasy of mine? An unbelievable story? OK, here you have it -- visit them and conclude for yourselves. -- LIVE and Learn!
How greedy they can reveal themselves, after all, these business-oriented high-priests (is n't it Clayton@???!) of the smartphones world. -- How amazing, how admirable -- how sad! --- But don't accept my word for it -- go and see: http://www.dateyou.me/博客/wonderful-...om-add-google-service-twrp-recovery-2_tw.html
Beautiful, is n't it?
Salut,
H