Slow charge with Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra

szero7

Members
Nov 3, 2020
HI, I recently bought A Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra, the retailer installed the Miui EU 12.0.13 stable firmware for me. Everything is working fine but the charge is slow with the 120W Charger, it takes a little more than 1 hour to charge full (I use a EU adaptor) . I've also tried with the Xiaomi 55W wireless charger, with chargers from other brands, other cables, powerbanks (45W PD), all of them are charging at the same speed. Has anyone experienced the same issue? Is there any feature to enable on the device? Thanks

Have you actually unplugged the cable from the charger and unplugged the charger from the wall, maybe blew into them to get rid of any dust, then plugged it all back in?

yes. I've tried this. The cable, charger and adaptor are new. When I put the mobile phone on the 55W wireless dock connected with this 120W charger, I have "Turbo Charge" on screen. When I connect it on USB, it shows "fast charge" not "120W charge" as it was supposed to be, and still slow (at least 1 hour).
I tried a Charge test App, on Oneplus 6 (30W), it has an average score of 3200mA while an average of 1300mA on this one

Are you using Xiaomi.eu custom rom?
As this forum only provides support for issues related to xioami.eu custom roms

Have you actually unplugged the cable from the charger and unplugged the charger from the wall, maybe blew into them to get rid of any dust, then plugged it all back in?

yes. I've tried this. The cable, charger and adaptor are new. When I put the mobile phone on the 55W wireless dock connected with this 120W charger, I have "Turbo Charge" on screen. When I connect it on USB, it shows "fast charge" not "120W charge" as it was supposed to be, and still slow (at least 1 hour).
I tried a Charge test App, on Oneplus 6 (30W), it has an average score of 3200mA while an average of 1300mA on this
Are you using Xiaomi.eu custom rom?

I'm not sure about what a custom version or not. it's the 12.0.13 EU stable. I've received and installed the update just after first start.

I tried a Charge test App, on Oneplus 6 (30W), it has an average score of 3200mA while an average of 1300mA on this

I'm not sure about what a custom version or not. it's the 12.0.13 EU stable. I've received and installed the update just after first start.
Then you are most likely using an official Xiaomi rom.
In that case, try the official Xiaomi forum.
As this forum is for Xiaomi.eu custom rom support

Could you tell me what are the differences of custom rom and a stable one?

No, some "international" sellers put xiaomi.eu ROM on Xiaomi devices aimed for China market only (like the Mi 10 Ultra). ;)

Reactions: ToneLa
HI, I recently bought A Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra, the retailer installed the Miui EU 12.0.13 stable firmware for me. Everything is working fine but the charge is slow with the 120W Charger, it takes a little more than 1 hour to charge full (I use a EU adaptor) . I've also tried with the Xiaomi 55W wireless charger, with chargers from other brands, other cables, powerbanks (45W PD), all of them are charging at the same speed. Has anyone experienced the same issue? Is there any feature to enable on the device? Thanks
Got this on another forum but maybe it's relevant to your case. Are you on a 110-120v country?

120v outlets with this charger can only provide 96w and won't even get that high actually. They use 96va but the actual power being used is only ~55w if you use a kill-a-watt. Your phone never charged at 120w unfortunately. If it said it was, the software was lying.

Sent from my MI PAD 4 using Tapatalk

Got this on another forum but maybe it's relevant to your case. Are you on a 110-120v country?

120v outlets with this charger can only provide 96w and won't even get that high actually. They use 96va but the actual power being used is only ~55w if you use a kill-a-watt. Your phone never charged at 120w unfortunately. If it said it was, the software was lying.

Sent from my MI PAD 4 using Tapatalk

I live in France, we use 220V. It's strange that my Oneplus 6 with his 30W charges faster than the Xiaomi. Now I don't know if this issue is linked to the update as I don't see any topic about it

I don't know if it helps at all but my charger is still working fine on 120v, and I got a 240v transformer today and it charges at the appropriate 120w on that too. I don't know if it makes any difference but I tend not do anywhere near a full charge, especially when I'm doing high speed charging. WIth a quick charge 3.0 brick I stick to like 85% max most of the time, and usually when I use the 120w charger I'm going from like 35 percent up to maybe 75 or 80. Mostly to avoid heat and also to avoid putting the lithium cells at their full voltage which is most likely bad for them. Can't say for sure since these are graphene electrode batteries and may be way better about that, but I'm keeping it safe because I want to keep this phone for years.

I've just received my mobile phone, and tried it. It never reached full power charge. I'm waiting for seller to send me a new charger, it might fix the issue, or I will ask him to replace a new one

How do you know it's not reaching full power? If you're measuring it with a socket device like a kill-a-watt it will never show you 120W and you're just going to be wasting time by trying to RMA. It'll only show something like 60-100w, but it will charge at the full advertised speed nonetheless.
mi 10 ultra is supposed to charge in 20/30mn, mine is charging in 1h15. Is it full power charge?