New [solved] Mi5s Not Charging On Fast Charger But Does On Normal Charger

TempleKa

Members
May 5, 2017
I installed MIUI 9 v7.11.2 Beta on my MI5S and everything was fine for a couple of days. Today whenever I try charging my phone with a fast charging capable charger (I have 2 around so the original charger is not faulty) the charging led turns on for a second and turns off. Ampere reports that the charger just disconnects and the phone is not charging at all. If I use another charger that is not fast charge capable or connect it to the PC the phone charges normally but slower of course.

Anyone has any clue why this is happening all of a sudden? I saw alot of issues on MIUI 9 from people that don't get fast charging and I thought my issue might be related but more extreme.

I managed too solve this weird issue. Funny thing is it wasn't MIUI fault or a software issue like I assumed.

Both my fast chargers don't come with a Schuko plug and they both came with an adapter. Well one of the connectors inside the adapter came lose and it wasn't making contact anymore. After opening the adapter up I managed to fix it and the phone is charging now like it should.

This can be closed of course and sorry for my confusion.