SOLVED* Remove/Uninstall Traffic Reminder

ElSnakeLoco

Members
Aug 19, 2012
SOLUTION:
Try going to the Downloads app and then hit menu, settings, and turn off data prompts. I still don't know how to remove the "you should use Wifi to download this app" prompt in Google Play though.

I want to Remove the traffic Reminder which prompts me every time i want to download "big" File over 4g. I have the Unlimited data plan from Verizon and I have no need for this. It stops me from streaming music seamlessly from miui music app. or In the play store when im out and about

Tired:
*Raised my data Allowance
*Root Uninstalled Monitor app thinking that would do it.

anyone know a fix for this. searching has lead me nowhere.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-08-18-16-09-20.png
    Screenshot_2012-08-18-16-09-20.png
    205.9 KB · Views: 584
Reactions: jorsealways
We Chinese users are bothering "5.11MB would cost a lot,probably the price of lunch"

yes you ppl are LOL, but i love miui ever since my incredible, but
5.11MB would cost a lot,probably the price of lunch
damn that sucks bro. im lucky im still in the unlimited plan.. :)

any ideas people?

Try going to the Downloads app and then hit menu, settings, and turn off data prompts. I still don't know how to remove the "you should use Wifi to download this app" prompt in Google Play though.

ahhh.. that works thanks alot

We Chinese users are bothering "5.11MB would cost a lot,probably the price of lunch"
Bad luck :/
I can't imagine someone forced me to switch from unlimited free data to something like that, I'd probably throw my android device away.

I was refering to your statement of "I still don't know how to remove the "you should use Wifi to download this app" prompt in Google Play though."
it has1.Notifications 2. auto-update apps 3. update over wifi only and 4. Auto-add shortcuts turn off update over wifi switch than when you get the prompt again before selecting ok uncheck the update over wifi box and hit ok.

I've tried toggling the wifi option and it has no effect. I still get the pop up every time. Drives me nuts.

when you first download a huge app it will say this(the screenshot with the check) than you tap the check mark and you will see the next screenshot.hope this helps.
Screenshot_2012-12-04-18-08-33.png
Screenshot_2012-12-04-18-08-45.png

Reactions: Vertana
I'll be sure to keep an out, but so far that dialog seems to pop up every time I download a large application (even updates to large apps). Thanks for the help and screenies!

Reactions: czarsuperstar
A little late maby... but i type anyway.
I did like thos, go to Apps, find Google Play Store and clear its data and cache. Start again and it should work now.