[Solved] TWRP Bootloop after flash

Nontenda

Members
Mar 12, 2019
Hello,

I just unlocked the bootloader of my Mi 9T Pro, flashed TWRP last version from their website.

I can boot to TWRP, but when I flash the last weekly version (20.1.21 v3) all I got is a bootloop on TWRP and the internal storage shows only weird folder names (like 05pFf0A[...]).

Do you know why is this happening ?

Thank's in advance, best regards :)

EDIT :
Solved by formatting "Data" in TWRP before flashing the rom.
When you format Data you'll lose the xiaomi.eu zip file, you can upload it again with ADB push ;)

Last edited:
Im trying to flash rom version 20.2.27 but it bootloops to twrp i have unlocked bootloader and root and come from global eeu 11.0.3 what to do?

Thank you! I had exactly the same problem with my Mi 9T while trying to install a Miui 12 xiaomi.eu ROM. Formatting data solved the TWRP bootloop. And I also had to use adb push to copy the xiaomi.eu ROM from my PC to the phone.

If you format Data partition, does it mean phone will revert back to factory defaults?! Then, what's the purpose of weekly updates if I can't keep all my data and settings on the phone?
Are there any other solutions?

If you format Data partition, does it mean phone will revert back to factory defaults?! Then, what's the purpose of weekly updates if I can't keep all my data and settings on the phone?
Are there any other solutions?
You can install Weekly updates without issue if you use a correct TWRP and if you don't install useless tools like "DFE/Remove_ForcedEncryption/etc." (that makes your device unsecure!). ;)

You can install Weekly updates without issue if you use a correct TWRP and if you don't install useless tools like "DFE/Remove_ForcedEncryption/etc." (that makes your device unsecure!). ;)
Thx Poney70, for quick reply.
RM_ForceEncryption was only done on Mi9 Pro to have TWRP backup working. On K20 I don't even have magisk - all is stock from Xiaomi.Eu. Thanks for a great ROM.
Both phones are on weekly updates and strangely, couple months ago after another update both of them went in bootloop after update.
Last successfull update was till 12.3. All done in dirty flash mode with wiping Dalvik and Cache.
My guess there are some major changes from 12.3 to 12.5 and thefore the issue.

can I flash from OTG after formatting data? Cause i tried updating to 12.6 then bootloop to twrp happened

EDIT: Do I wipe cache then reboot?
cause i tried to just proceed to reboot, it's stuck at the miui logo is my phone not usable anymore? :(

Last edited: