Resolved Some apps crashing on opening files (stable)

ViktorShahter

Members
Sep 15, 2021
When you opening files through some apps app is crashing. I found this issue in Tachiyomi and when tried to upload logs on GitHub I found same issue for Chrome. So then I tried upload files on DropMeFiles for test, Chrome asked about permissions and when I granted it show up window to choose source as should. And this fixed issue for Chrome but Tachiyomi for what I granted everything still crashing.
Screenshot_2022-05-31-15-37-06-053_android.jpg
Screenshot_2022-05-31-15-32-15-388_android.jpg
I reported to devs and they're said that something broken in MIUI. Here is the issue: https://github.com/tachiyomiorg/tachiyomi/issues/7234
Logcat taken with MatLog on warn level can be found there, it's too long to post it here because something wrong with SELinux (pook on this too please).

Device: POCO M3
ROM: xiaomi.eu 12.5.8.0
Magisk: 23.4 with Zygisk and DenyList
Magisk Modules: Systemless hosts

Reactions: ViktorShahter
Nothing to do with SELinux. You clearly see a mention of "com.mi.android.globalFileexplorer", that's because Xiaomi pushed some nonsense code to POCO M3 (citrus) and Redmi 9T (lime) MIUI 12.5 ROMs. I couldn't find it anywhere else, but patched it out for POCO M3 for now.
Redownload the ROM, let me know if it's alright now.
Thanks for involving. Do I need to make clear install or I can dirty flash it over current version?

Nothing to do with SELinux. You clearly see a mention of "com.mi.android.globalFileexplorer", that's because Xiaomi pushed some nonsense code to POCO M3 (citrus) and Redmi 9T (lime) MIUI 12.5 ROMs. I couldn't find it anywhere else, but patched it out for POCO M3 for now.
Redownload the ROM, let me know if it's alright now.
Installed over previous version and issue gone. Thanks for fixing problem!