New Some bugs I've found on Mi 9 - V20.04.30

BoubouGaming

Members
Jul 29, 2019
Thank you so much for this rom. I want to share some bugs I've found on Mi 9 using V20.04.30, after testing it for several hours:

- the AOD is always shown with the "display items for 10 seconds after tapping option" enabled (Also here in the china rom V20.04.30 but not in the 20.04.27)

- sometimes the status bar is bugged (the time is not shown on any screen, not only on the home screen), but it's ok after rebooting the phone

- sometimes the superwallpaper is stucked on the planete and not in space on the lockscreen when I use the dt2w function and if the aod is disabled (also in the china rom V20.04.30)

- the Google discover on the left of the launcher is laggy (also in the previous builds under Miui 11)

- some permissions are missing for the apps, like the "get device info" permission

- the new gestures like the swipe for switching apps, and the floating windows don't work with a custom launcher (anyway I don't think that is a bug)

- the phone is laggy until I unlocked it, if my phone is locked and the dark mode has swithed on automatically (maybe if it switchs off too, I haven't tested it)

- some apps are not showing very well in dark mode (anyway it can be fixed easily by disabling it for individual apps)

- the volume bar is increasing/decreasing only one by one step using the touchscreen, but not using the physical keys, same for the brightness and night mode brightness levels in the settings

- I can't allow the accessibility for downloaded services, it says "If an app is blocking a permissions dialog, drag the overlapping item away or close the app", but I have nothing opens, and the reading mode, dark mode are disabled

- If i disable the "adjust notch shape" feature, it's automatically reenabled

Anyway this is the first beta, and it's fairly stable. Thaank you so much Xiaomi and Xiaomi.eu :)

Do you have these bugs too?

Last edited:
Reactions: limb0ist
I have some of the same problems as you, although I haven't noticed any bugs in the status bar.
I also use another launcher, Apex.
The bugs/flaws I've found so far are:
1. Can't locate Superwallpaper anywhere... I have no idea have to enable it. Or if it can be enabled using another launcher.
2. My gesture controls are the same as they were in MIUI 11... I think they work great, so not a problem for me.
3. Some minor problems with dark mode where some details doesn't look nice.
4. Floating windows are not available in the app overview/switch app view. But the Calculator app can be switched to windowed mode, and that works just fine.
5. No boot animation anymore? Just a static logo.

I have some of the same problems as you, although I haven't noticed any bugs in the status bar.
I also use another launcher, Apex.
The bugs/flaws I've found so far are:
1. Can't locate Superwallpaper anywhere... I have no idea have to enable it. Or if it can be enabled using another launcher.
2. My gesture controls are the same as they were in MIUI 11... I think they work great, so not a problem for me.
3. Some minor problems with dark mode where some details doesn't look nice.
4. Floating windows are not available in the app overview/switch app view. But the Calculator app can be switched to windowed mode, and that works just fine.
5. No boot animation anymore? Just a static logo.

Ok, the superwallpapers are in the wallpapers section. But some flashgrip devices don't have it for now (this is a known bug so a fix will be released), and yes they can be enabled also in a custom launcher.

Aarh thank you. I've managed to enable the Super wallpaper now. :)

Edit: I would be nice, if you could change the way the clock/day is shown on the AOD.
So I've applied the old AOD 24h digital clock. And changed the clock style on the Lock screen.

Last edited:
Reactions: BoubouGaming
- LHDC via Mi Airdots 2 is laggy and stuck.
- can't add cards to gpay while new gestures enabled
- status bar sometimes disappears (workaround: swipe to Assistent Page, scroll down, swipe back to Homescreen)
- brightness slider in apps, like Netflix doesn't work
- notifications dots, like replay are not filling the bubbles right
- some notifications an Lockscreen are not expanded like WhatsApp