Some issues with mi2s

Danix60

Members
Apr 19, 2014
Hi, have a few issues,
1) sometimes I have a notfi...delay on whatsapp, some times after 10 min I'm not using the phone I would not receive whatsapp notification.
2)every one who talks with me is saying I'm sounding very bad and they have trouble to under stand me, I'm.with original cover and without case.
3)I disabled Mi market update notification but its still shows me (1) on updates.

Thanks a lot for every one.
Daniel.

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk

Mi Market? Start by flashing the latest MIUI rom from here (found in lounge>weekly rom releases) and de-chinafy your phone. Make sure to get the right rom for your model; you'll need the aries version. There is a post pinned somewhere on this forum explaining how you can do this, it's really easy as pie though.

After you've done that you can test which of the other problems are still there.

Notification delay is usually a network problem. Test seperately on your wifi and on your mobile data plan. Something is probably disrupting the heartbeat keeping the connection alive. Also set your messaging app to allow for popup windows and mark it as a trusted app.

As for the sound quality issue you could try to set noise suppression to single mic instead of the default dual mic. You can find this setting in settings>sound.

Last edited:
I did not find the download.
I want a clean miui but stable.
On weekly rom-when I will install I will get miui update on ota? Or update manually?

About notification its happening on 3G and Wifi .

Flash the latest rom from here. I stated where you can find it in the previous post, but I did forget to mention that you won't see the table with download links in Tapatalk; go to xiaomi.eu in your browser and find the release thread, you will find the download table in the first post. Mi Market will be removed, as it is utter crap and Google Play will be there instead. It's also supports multiple languages.

Ota will still work after flashing, but for some reason Xiaomi insists to use their servers based in China, so ota is slow as s**t. I just download the file from my phone browser directly onto my phone and update, which is a matter of just a few minutes.

I don't know how I can explain things any more thorough than I have already, I have given all the pointers for you to start in the right places and help yourself. Good luck!

Last edited:
for notifications try this:
-Open security app
-Permissions - > manage app permissions
-find the apps you are having problem with (whatsapp etc) and turn ON "i trust this app", "autostart permision", then click on details and turn ON "show popup windows" too.

Did that for whatsapp, now will try it for few days.
Did the flash but the new icons is ugly and the the stock font was better. can I change it?

Dude, the MIUI builds from here are stock, only de-chinafied. You probably had some ancient build on your phone. But... You can change the icons as well as the font to whatever you like through the Themes app. Someone messed up something in this weeks build, so the headings in the app are in Chinese, but go to the third tab and click on the button at the bottom to customize everything you want :)

uploadfromtaptalk1399758033232.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1399758049008.jpg