Some Questions Regarding Twrp, Rooting

Bloodlust

Members
Mar 19, 2014
Hi, I just flashed my mi max prime with the latest EU developer firmware. Got a few questions.

1. Do I need to go into fastboot mode every time I wish to reboot into TWRP mode?

2. Can I use OTA for weekly updates if I root the device or is it recommended to manually flash using TWRP instead?

3. Should I be using superSU or magisk for root? What's the difference between the two? I wish to be able to use lucky patcher and adaway.

Thanks for helping out a noob

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

1. No, you can boot to TWRP through the updater app or - when phone is off - with button combination: Volume up & Power Button
2. OTA is possible for weekly updates on a rooted phone, but you need you reinstall root (Magisk or SuSU) after every update.
3. I don't have my pone rooted, so I don't know the differences between Magisk or SuSU. But as I read the developers here recommend Magisk because less issues with banking apps and Google Play certification and SafetyNet.

Last edited:
Reactions: iamme729
1. No, you can boot to TWRP through the updater app or - when phone is off - with button combination: Volume up & Power Button
2. OTA is possible for weekly updates on a rooted phone, but you need you reinstall root (Magisk or SuSU) after every update.
3. I don't have my pone rooted, so I don't know the differences between Magisk or SuSU. But as I read the developers here recommend Magisk because less issues with banking apps and Google Play certification and SafetyNet.
Thank you. So for SU or magisk, I just need to install it like flashing a rom thru TWRP?

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

Reactions: MeiGuddet