Sound Boost and some other ideas..

I tried the same as well but there is no significant difference. I though maybe with some mapping or something this could be solved.

Lets hope that some more experienced devs have a look on this.

Also did you see my video above regarding the vibration issue?

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk 2

Maybe are the volume keys on the cover.

Dear Dimisarta

I've bought my Mi-2 less than a week ago and have really good sound despite a little low volume with my headphones (Monster and Grado brands). Your previous smartphone a Galaxy S2 has an DAC (Digital-to-analog converter) from Yamaha model YMU823, is not as clean and good comparing with an Wolfson in Galaxy S and S3 but have a very good volume. In Mi-2 as far I've looked has an DSP (Digital signal processor) this is integrated in the Qualcomm processor and have a great equilibrium of frequency's and dosen't have noises or other things comparated with a ordinary DAC. The great advantage of Galaxy S2 is the variety of ROM's and tweaks and this is the lack of Xiaomi with the closed source kernel and a few ROM's. I really hope that the vibrant community that I have heard could help us.

Dear friend i know that since i had both s1 s2 and s3.
The sound quality on mi2 its not bad the problem is with the output level. I just hoped that there is a way to maximise that.
Did you have a look on thr above video regarding the vibration?

Dear friend i know that since i had both s1 s2 and s3.
The sound quality on mi2 its not bad the problem is with the output level. I just hoped that there is a way to maximise that.
Did you have a look on thr above video regarding the vibration?

Dimisarta

I understand that the problem is the output volume and I agree to that in my post. I really think that if Xiaomi should have an model of opening the kernel and the ROM, many others can help this wonderful device to be awesome, really the best with many tweaks and even better performance including sound performance. Your video I've just watched right now and is a really weird sound that your vibrate is doing, seems a problem to me.

Dimisarta

I understand that the problem is the output volume and I agree to that in my post. I really think that if Xiaomi should have an model of opening the kernel and the ROM, many others can help this wonderful device to be awesome, really the best with many tweaks and even better performance including sound performance. Your video I've just watched right now and is a really weird sound that your vibrate is doing, seems a problem to me.
Too bad. I knew from the beginning that something was wrong.
What can i do now ? Can you make a recording from your phone like this to see how it behaves?

This is a signing code that works for our script and any zip that can be flashed in M2:
Code:
java -Xmx4096m -jar signapk.jar -w testkey.x509.pem testkey.pk8 input.zip output.zip
Testkeys can be obtained via MiCode github.

Hi Acid,
I read your conversation about the low sound volume on the M2. I too have the same problem.
However i've come across an app called 'Pimp my ROM'. This app can tweak your ROM in several ways.
One of the options is installing Sony xLoud & ClearAudio+, which boosts the max playback and in-call volumes of your device without deteriorating it's audio quality.
The installation of this option is done through flashing, but only with CWM or TWRP it will work automatically. Now what i did to do it manually was rename the .zip of this flash to update.zip and placed it in the root of the virtual SD folder, booted in recovery and tried to install but it failed due to signature error.
I read that you can assist in this problem. In this message i attached the .zip that needs to be resigned.
If you could do it, then maybe we can finally boost the volume on our phones!
Please, can you help me with this?
Btw, i recently installed the Beats Audio Installer app from the play store. But i don't know if it actually changed my sound. Do you happen to know if it works?
And please check out the Pimp my Rom app and let me know if you think this could work.
Regards,

Nico

Attachments

• xLoud+ClearAudio.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 188
With all the respect, but in my case this was truly awful advice.
I installed cwm for mi2, and everything is fc'ing on me in the first two boots i made in system 1 and in system 2.
3rd time now everything looks ok, but this is still unhealthy looking. i want to uninstall cwm, go back to stock miui recovery and have my zips resigned to be reconised, that's all...

Sorry, your package zip not working.
I had trying twice, first by CWM and second by manual, Its facing me to bootloop

I had trying many mod ( android tweaker from market too)
and not working on M2 to increase volume level.
Now the only way to boost volume is just using Dspmanager, set preset to max.

Guys stop loosing your time... The only thing that can actually work is DSP Manager by manually putting the files in the system by root explorer. The results are not that better and keep in mind that you will face FC in settings/sound.

Is there absolutely no one who will help us out in accessing higher volumes on our phones!? What better reason to think of for having a separate forum section for the Mi2 than enabling communication in order to get this problem solved...

Reactions: ubelai
Ok, does FC in sounds mean that you cannot enter the sounds section where you can also change ringtones?
And what did you do after that to uninstall this flash?

Yes i could not access the sounds menu in settings. No major difference in sound
I restored my backup from cwm to go back

Guys please somebody has a few minutes ti make a test to help me out. When i connect my phone on my car stereo and i raise the volume a bit i hear signal sounds from the speakers. I think its coming from the cpu or some other board component. This is not normal because when connecting other devices i dont get these distortions. I had this issue from day one. Can somebody make this test with your mi2 and give me your feedback?

Ok, does FC in sounds mean that you cannot enter the sounds section where you can also change ringtones?
And what did you do after that to uninstall this flash?
Its because of DSPManager replaces MusicFX and then settings > sound has improper link to MIUI Dolby Mobile feature. And M2 doesnt allow 2 dsp managers to work.
So you cant prevent FC that way.

As for signing mods.. im afraid its not possible at the moment. With MIUI v4 it worked fine but in v5 MIUI changed recovery and our signing method doesnt work any more.
Our full roms or lang packs can be installed via Updater app but not MiRecovery.

I understand. But then how to change ringtones and all the other options that are in the miui sound settings menu?
Can we do this through the DSP manager? Is the DSP manager worth trying for better sound volumes or is it not?
Thank you for responding.

Sincerely

Really hope something can be seen into this.. I get very loud outputs through earphones and such which are fine, but when it comes to an AUX out/in the volume is basically half as opposed to any other phone.

Have come close to causing speaker damages all because I had to turn the volume up to suit my phones flawed sound.

This is a high end phone, and to see it face such an issue is quite degrading.

Really hope something can be seen into this.. I get very loud outputs through earphones and such which are fine, but when it comes to an AUX out/in the volume is basically half as opposed to any other phone.

Have come close to causing speaker damages all because I had to turn the volume up to suit my phones flawed sound.

This is a high end phone, and to see it face such an issue is quite degrading.

Unfortunately nobody seems to care or to have the knowledge to do something about it.

Dear all...
I know an application working with M2 to gaining volume level.
This application can gaining the volume level, but it also raises the level of noise.
Unfortunately the owner not respons my mail, if you want it I just give link download.
And give guidance how it works in m2

Reactions: dextructor