Invalid Sound notifications lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

egglys

Members
Apr 18, 2021
Hello, I updated my Mi 11 Ultra to ROM 12.5.17.0. Since I am not getting any sound notifications anymore, not WhatsApp, Line, Messenger, email App, et. nothing.
Any knowledge about a bug in this Rom and maybe a solution? Thank you.

i get no sound notifications in Mail Apps (GMail, Fairmail, Aqaumail) i checked all settings nothing worked (other sounds SMS , etc work)

I noticed for whatever strange reason it will not use the default chosen sound setting for each app, i have to go to each individual app, and select the sound and apply, very odd indeed, never seen anything so complicated to configure in my life.

I confirm this issue on the latest weekly for Poco F3. Mainly using k-9 Mail with many accounts and with specific ones I need a special notification tone that I use for years now. I investigated this issue and found that if you set a custom ringtone for an account and you test it, it's ok, just restart the phone and no sound at all even if the sound is correctly selected in the notif. settings. Tried the same but with a system predefined ringtone and it works even after restart, so I think the problem is specifically with custom ringtone files (I mean from sd card on notif folder or even tried the Pixel sounds app present in the rom) and this happens only after restart. Any one can investigate this way and confirm please ?

I confirm this issue on the latest weekly for Poco F3. Mainly using k-9 Mail with many accounts and with specific ones I need a special notification tone that I use for years now. I investigated this issue and found that if you set a custom ringtone for an account and you test it, it's ok, just restart the phone and no sound at all even if the sound is correctly selected in the notif. settings. Tried the same but with a system predefined ringtone and it works even after restart, so I think the problem is specifically with custom ringtone files (I mean from sd card on notif folder or even tried the Pixel sounds app present in the rom) and this happens only after restart. Any one can investigate this way and confirm please ?
Can't confirm, using k9 since almost 10 years now, different custom notification sound works just fine per Account, latest (old) beta.

No issue after reboot, k9 v 5.904

Regards

Sent from my Mi 11 Ultra.

Can't confirm, using k9 since almost 10 years now, different custom notification sound works just fine per Account, latest (old) beta.

No issue after reboot, k9 v 5.806

Regards

I am not complaining about k9 though are you using the built-in notification sounds or imported ones from sd card or pixel sounds ... ??

I am not complaining about k9 though are you using the built-in notification sounds or imported ones from sd card or pixel sounds ... ??
3 Account 3 different Sounds:

85578a85fec25ec8ca124ad3e393d912.jpg

02dff5b579d08656c2f65a76f5f07b31.jpg

Try the github iteration, the changelog mentions sound fix.

Regards.

3 Account 3 different Sounds:

85578a85fec25ec8ca124ad3e393d912.jpg

02dff5b579d08656c2f65a76f5f07b31.jpg

Try the github iteration, the changelog mentions sound fix.

Regards.

I am already on latest 5.904 and this is not a k9 issue nor the thread for it, this is common with other apps also but just took k9 as a subject for detailed investigation. Please read the previous messages on the thread and you will see the problem

my sounds in Mail are lost after a restart,

if i re-select them the sounds will work again (for now) ( i use my own Sounds from internal Storage)

For Mi Messenger after every Restart i have to Setup my own notification sound.

Notification Sound get lost when IT isn't a System Sound

Status
Not open for further replies.