New Stable 8.1.7.0 (naacndl) Bugs And Feature Requests

Termynator

Members
Jan 7, 2017
So I'm new to MIUI, using the Mi5 and the latest xiaomi.eu ROM (see title).
I noticed several bugs:

- Lockscreen Keyboard is not localized, also shift button acts as a caps button which is super annoying. Either localize the locksceen keyboard or let us use the system standard keyboard
- Google App is called "Launcher3" (AOSP leftover?)
- Opening Google Now via long home click doesn't work, but saying "OK, Google" does work
- Google Assistant can't be activated with adding "ro.opa.eligible_device=true" in build.prop, even though I'm running Nougat. (Adding the "ro.product.model=Pixel XL" is unnecessary in the newer Google App versions but also doesn't work)
- On initial setup the restore from google backups doesn't work (question doesn't even appear)

Not a bug but on the download page it says that the current version for Mi5 is Marshmallow. I didn't think it was Nougat until I tried to install Xposed to get rid of this shame of a notification bar.
Please update the android version numbers on the site to 7.0. - Already happened

So heading to feature requests:

Notifications in general are pretty fu**ed up by Xiaomi so I'd like to see this ROM to fix some things in this matter:
- Use the standard black and white icons which are intended to be used in the notification bar and not the shrinked down app icons. RAM will thank you also. (Also there's no additional info I get when having 5x the same icon for 5 different notifications, e.g. bulk playstore installs.)
- Make notifications expandable (I don't even...)

Not so important feature requests, but things I want to mention:
- Make an option to use the volume buttons only to adjust the media volume. (I don't think that anyone wants to adjust ringtone value via volume buttons: "hey I think my ringer volume needs to be 3 steps lower when I'm in the office". No, you either silence it or you want to hear it, imho.)
- Option to hide the battery icon and only show text percentage
- Let us center the clock in the settings
- Make the settings toggles pretty again (like it was in miui 7)

Last edited:
The very least I expect from the xiaomi.eu team is a simple answer aka "We will address the issue xy"