Stable Rom 8.1.7.0

Marcodual89

Members
Apr 20, 2016
Hi,
I have the 8.0.10.0 Stable ROM and now I Want to update my Mi5 to Nougat with the 8.1.7.0 Stable ROM. Does It work fine? It is Stable? Any Problem?

Thanks to all

There is no china stable 8.1.7.0 (nougat). I the xiaomi.eu 8.1.7.0 version homemade? It can not be official..

On en.miui.com forums, a few people reported having received the OTA to 8.1.7.0, but after a couple threads were posted about it, there wasn't any further mention of that version on the MIUI forums. Officially, it hasn't been released, not even as a public beta (they usually make an official post about such releases, but not in this case; the last official info about a release is for 8.1.6.0). My suspicion is that 8.1.7.0 is a very limited beta that got leaked somehow, and the xiaomi.eu devs made a release based on it. Personally, I'll wait for a more "official" version before taking the leap and upgrading.

He he... You were more intrepid than me :) Please share your experiences with Nougat. I'm interested in several things, but especially:

- Has anyone upgraded without doing a factory reset (ie., just like a regular OTA)? How was your experience?
- Can you see any particular benefits of Nougat on the MIUI implementation of it?

I came from global stable official ROM, so I have done wipe--install ROM---wipe dalvik and cache.
The experience is very good, I mean the system run very smooth, I still didn't notice any difference between MM and N.
But one thing I noticed, is that I have more free RAM and also the OS open very fastly apps.

I updated from 8.1.6.0 without doing a factory reset and the rom is so good. In my opinion this version is based on the global V8.1.2.0.MAAMIDI, but this is only my opinion. I have it since yesterday and I don't see difference between this version and the 8.1.6.0. It is too early to watch all but, for now, I like this rom.

Reactions: Jaime DLH
The multimedia Bluetooth doesn't work on my car with 8.1.7.0. It's works for someone?

Enviado desde mi MI 5 mediante Tapatalk

The multimedia Bluetooth doesn't work on my car with 8.1.7.0. It's works for someone?

Same for me here. AFAIK it's a acknowledged Nougat bug. Can't post links here yet I see, so you can simply google for a possible solution. It's out there. Gonna try myself later.

Reactions: vispy
He he... You were more intrepid than me :) Please share your experiences with Nougat. I'm interested in several things, but especially:

- Has anyone upgraded without doing a factory reset (ie., just like a regular OTA)? How was your experience?
- Can you see any particular benefits of Nougat on the MIUI implementation of it?
I did a dirty flash and wipe dalvik cache. No problem so far, in my opinion there is no big difference.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn MI PAD 2 met Tapatalk

Reactions: Jaime DLH
I dirty flashed too from 8.1.6

Everything works fine, except Chrome that often crashes.

I don't know if i can roll back to 8.1.6 without wiping anything, maybe it's safe to remain on 8.1.7 and wait for the next update.

It works for me.
With this version I have also the contact fotos appear now on my car.
The only problem I have is Gmail notification is empty

I also wondered why there is no text in Gmail notification. Is that a bug or feature?

This is maybe asked for many times and I tried Google... But is it still not possible to show next alarm on lockscreen? It has worked with my other phones and Roms...

Dirty flash from 8.1.6.0. I have no problems. But I miss it very much Xposed, for which there is still no support for Android 7.0.

I'm on 8.1.7 and here are my observations:
1. GPS indeed is not as accurate as it was. Also some of the applications have issues with locations, even if they have the right permissions.
2. Mail push is not working anymore for none of the accounts. Only manual refresh grabs the mails from the servers.
3. Phone startup is much faster, memory management much better 1.5 GB free vs 1.1 on 8.1.6.
4. Fresh start up of apps is slower but faster once they are re-opened from memory.

And last but not least, yes the bluetooth is also not working randomly when connecting to my cars MMI

I'm on 8.1.7 and here are my observations:
1. GPS indeed is not as accurate as it was. Also some of the applications have issues with locations, even if they have the right permissions.
2. Mail push is not working anymore for none of the accounts. Only manual refresh grabs the mails from the servers.
3. Phone startup is much faster, memory management much better 1.5 GB free vs 1.1 on 8.1.6.
4. Fresh start up of apps is slower but faster once they are re-opened from memory.

And last but not least, yes the bluetooth is also not working randomly when connecting to my cars MMI
I'm agree with 1st point.
Finaly it seem's not so stable ... I preferred downgrad.

After 1 week, it's seems not that stable... Slow down regularly. I don't downgrade, but wait for an update

Hi everyone. Is it possible to flash this ROM if I currently have the weekly installed ?

After 1 week, it's seems not that stable... Slow down regularly. I don't downgrade, but wait for an update

Yep, i agree. Chrome is crashing 8/10 times and launcher sometimes needs to reload..
GPS too seems to have some issues, BT in my case works just fine. Looking back i should have remained on 8.1.6.0..